A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143116 times)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #270 on: November 10, 2010, 04:57:49 pm »

You forgot to add my name before the quote update.

I'll continue firing at the head, maybe I can hit its eyes and, dare I say it, commandeer its life! Have Kas help with the eyes, tell the other three to try and mangle an arm or two, and flee to safety before it can fully climb aboard. If all else fails, I'll have one of the melee dwarfs toss some lantern oil on it, and use a fire bolt to make it wish that first shot to the chest had worked.

Norrec: We're not childhood friends, but my character still suspects the hands of an UPSTANDING CITIZEN playing a part in the crime sweep earlier.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 10, 2010, 04:58:39 pm »

Enquire as to her personal life, family, that sort of thing.

Glad I could help, Ochita.

I just noticed that my name from signing up is not the same name I gave in my character sheet.
Very sorry, go with Kog please.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 05:07:22 pm by FuzzyZergling »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 10, 2010, 05:03:07 pm »

Well now I owe you a favor. Dwarven honor
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 10, 2010, 05:07:11 pm »

Also, I have a quick question, how long does it take to gain a skill-up?  I'm going to try and get Record Keeper up before leaving, somebody needs to keep track of everything we have, and it'll be good for when I open my soon to be world-famous inn/tavern.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 10, 2010, 05:21:47 pm »

Ochita
You think that it's a good plan, but before the bidding gets too high the girls have started physically fighting each other. Eventually, one of them drives off the others. The stabler is unwilling to challenge her, so she gets it for 750.

Your cut is only 150, but it's still a profit and you got rid of the unicorn.

V-Norrec
You decide to enter the darkness, and quickly sidestep to the left. A good thing, too, because a club swings down right where your head was. You tackle the ambusher before they can recover, and you both go rolling into the black interior.
I'm trying to avoid people getting a dozen extra skills before they even get there, but if you can find something to record, well, there's that. Remember there's a long and boring caravan ride.

Samthere
"That... is just crazy enough to work! He's certainly paranoid about having the real thing, and we can surely plant the idea that it might be a fake. I'll get some funds ready, we might have the gauntlet back by supper! Meet me at that games stall in an hour, I'll have your papers ready by then!

Lillipad
Seeing the troll vulnerable while trying to hoist itself up, the entire squad strikes. Its thick hide protects it from most of the blows, but Nik manages a mighty swing with his axe that ruins one of the troll's eyes. It tries to grab him, but he leaps back just in time.

Tholtig leaps forward to stab with his sword, but meets its hand instead. The troll grabs him and squeezed his chest, and you can hear the bones snapping like twigs. The troll then throws him back where he smacks into the cargo, further mangling his body. He slides down to the deck, limp and broken.

FuzzyZergling
She's eager to please you, but knows to avoid the endless stories of stains and beatings. Instead she focuses on the time the consort slipped on a wet marble floor and fell down a flight of stairs, and that time she locked a pit worm in the master's bedroom. Good times.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 10, 2010, 05:25:18 pm »

Combat Operandi: REVENGE

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 10, 2010, 05:29:14 pm »

Gar rushes off to test his knowledge of Heartsnot and grab his metal-tapping tools.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 10, 2010, 05:31:06 pm »

Ha ha, enchanting.
I ask whether it would be too bold of me to accompany her home for some... Plump helmet wine.

Dwarven innuendo is the best innuendo.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 10, 2010, 05:33:03 pm »

We still childhood friends Lilli CoughDrop?

Also, Enter inside, Take several sidesteps to the left and wait for your eyes to adjust.

Yes, my current background is somewhat just an outline of what I want it to be.

Ask the Dwarf, "What seems to be the problem?" "Something on your mind?"
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 05:35:19 pm by CoughDrop »
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 10, 2010, 05:36:40 pm »

Try to get off a gut shot from my hopefully loaded crossbow.  If it's not loaded, beat the crap out of him with my quarterstaff/anything handy/decapitate him with my fists.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 10, 2010, 05:46:08 pm »

Lillipad
Filled with rage at this turn of events, you drop your crossbow and grab a lantern in each hand. You then smash them on the troll, the glass and metal bouncing away but the oil covers it with flame. The oil is a low-burning type, so it doesn't actually hurt it through its hide, but the fire and heat confuses and scares it. It wildly swings at you, but you're already out of reach. The oil won't burn forever, and your weapons aren't very effective. Getting too close is a good way to get pulverised, and it will soon resume climbing onto the boat.

Samthere
You get your best Armoursmithing kit, and you look the part. You even smear some ash and charcoal and appear as if you've just been working the forge, only to be called up for an important job. You wait at the stall, but have some time left. You could play a game.

Darts: Hit a target for a prize.
Shell Game: Correctly guess which of the three items is the prize-holder.
Hammer Strike: Smash a target with all your might to ring a bell.
Hands: Play a game of Elf, Dwarf, Goblin. Humans call it Rock, Paper, Scissor. Play Elf by poking your fingers up on either side of your head, Dwarf by placing your hands on your head, and Goblin by curling them into fangs around your mouth. Elf eats Dwarf, Dwarf slays Goblin, and Goblin slays Elf.
Chicken Bite: Bite the head off a chicken. If you manage to swallow it and keep it down, you get to keep the body as well.

FuzzyZergling
ಠ_ಠ

That thing happens.

Coughdrop
After some gentle pressuring, you find out that a glow scarab has gotten loose in the storeroom. The supervisor is terrified of them, but has been preventing anyone from finding out and getting him in trouble. So far it's just been knocking a few barrels over and eating a sack of flour, but who knows what else it could get up to?

Glow scarabs are dog-sized beetles with a luminescent shell. They aren't aggressive, but can get defensive if scared. They bite in combat, but if they get too badly hurt they explode and release corrosive chemicals.

V-Norrec
You lost your crossbow in the confusion, and you haven't got any opportunity to unsling your staff. You trade blows while rolling around in the darkness, but neither gains the upper hand.

You keep thrashing around, and you manage to throw him off. His impact is sudden and ringing, he sounds like he struck a large metal object and was knocked out.
That could have been you.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 10, 2010, 05:48:45 pm »

Wait until I can see, then strangle him.  Then go pick up all the equipment I lost and take a look around to see what the warehouse is holding.

((Going to be gone for an hour or so, don't wait up for me anybody.  Also Lilli, if it looks like I'm in trouble please randomly go check warehouse 12.))

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 10, 2010, 05:50:24 pm »

I'll keep trying to shoot the troll's head wound with Kas. I'll have the two other guys try to smash its hands while it's distracted by the fire.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 10, 2010, 05:52:30 pm »

FuzzyZergling
ಠ_ಠ

That thing happens.
Ah, that thing. Of course.

I assume that I am now at the lady's home, that I know her... "Better", and that some time has passed, correct?

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 10, 2010, 05:53:37 pm »

"Hmmm... How grateful would you be if this problem were to go away?"
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 249