A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143286 times)

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Chapter 1: Struck Earth: Days 12-18
« Reply #2670 on: December 22, 2010, 10:56:46 pm »

By being priestly. Pray a ton, get your deity to put you in charge of their local representation, have divine experiences, give spiritual guidance...
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: December 22, 2010, 10:57:43 pm »

Looks good to me.
But there are no medical specializations?

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: December 22, 2010, 11:00:08 pm »

Medical goes under 'Carer', which refers to how you handle their treatment. It might be better with bone/stitching/etc, though...
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: December 22, 2010, 11:01:32 pm »

Interesting... Well as I am the counciler... Come to me with your troubles and I will help solve them! Also there is a new thing that will come up. Mandatory praying at the chapel carved into the rock by me. Of course, this is optional.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: December 22, 2010, 11:09:28 pm »

We already have one and a half priests, but sure, whatever. You also picked up that masonry when you got a stoneworking blessing.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: December 22, 2010, 11:10:14 pm »

From the forgotten chaos god?
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: December 22, 2010, 11:10:40 pm »

Yes, that thing. You never call them back. Jerk.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: December 22, 2010, 11:11:28 pm »

I've been busy baby! I promised I'd call back!

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: December 22, 2010, 11:14:34 pm »

Also, it would be nice if everybody gave a short description of their character. A couple did already, but...

Things like complexion, hair, distinguishing marks, build, age, preferences...

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: December 22, 2010, 11:40:06 pm »

Right...

Hair: It reaches to just above his eyes while also It was originaly a deep, soft brown in the mountain homes, however though the weather his hair has gotten slightly dulled, now more like coarse fibers. His beard is in a plait, like what you would expect from a scribe or some other such.

Marks: Urist really doesn't have any distinguishing marks. Maybe as he does more his body will bear memories of this fort. Until then his body is mostly clear from marks.

Age: Around 30 in human years. Apprenticeships take some time you know :L

Build: He has a light build, for a dwarf. Still he can hold his beer so thats all that matters. His complexion is also light and airy for a dwarf, probably because of the little sunlight that the place is getting.

Ill do the pref later.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: December 23, 2010, 01:19:25 pm »

Oh man, I had a sketch of this somewhere from way early on (mountainhome times), lemme rifle around.

Skilled weaponsmith: bladesmith (loves large axes in particular)
Skilled armoursmith: fineworker (though all of armour can be finely worked and is interesting, the joints around the fingers, ankles, and the fit required for a helmet to be comfortable are particularly fascinating - seeing the Romantic Executioner only made this stronger)

GAR DESCRIPTION

What was previously a shaggy, black-brown mass of hair constrained only by a metal circlet has been shaved away (after his spider fight) leaving a mighty dwarven mohawk. On the left part of his scalp a scar, usually covered by hair, runs parallel to his mohawk. His wide, inquisitive eyes are a striking shade of golden amber. A sturdy nose sits atop his moustache, and an upturned mouth hints at his friendly nature. A great beard of very straight hair growns down to his chest.

He is well-proportioned, thought slightly taller than the average dwarf. His muscles are strong, though not well defined, so at a glance his heft might be attributed to his drinking and eating rather than his hard work. His hands are darker than the rest of his skin, thickly calloused though still quite dextrous.

When inside, his usual outfit consists of several components. His circlet, of a dark grey metal, is worn out of habit. A fine button shirt with sleeves to the elbow is worn under a thick leather vest. A leather glove is often worn on the left hand for smithing and brawling purposes. On his lower half he wears relatively short, vertically-striped pantaloons, which have had loops sewn onto then to hold various tools suck as tongs and a hammer. Socks reach up to his knees and his feet are capped with buckle shoes. To finish the outfit is the trusty leather belt; the buckle with the image of an anvil, and all sorts of pouches along it, to hold all the tools a dwarf might need.

Gar likes granite, steel, emerald, rock crystal, battle axes, mountain goat leather, gauntlets, dogs for their loyalty, pigs for their snuffly snouts (and contemplative oinks) and whales for their majesty. When possible, he prefers to consume dwarven rum and dwarven cheese.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 01:32:27 pm by Samthere »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: December 23, 2010, 02:01:31 pm »

Wow, I thought this was dead and then you come back and surprise me right before I go out to lunch.  I'll give a description after lunch

There is no brewing specializations so... erm... I guess I'll take wild fighter as I'm a skilled brawler and so far I've used all sorts of different weapons and styles.

Build:  Athletic and Muscular

Complexion:  Very Pale, she didn't get out much when she lived in the Mountain Homes.

Hair:  Long auburn hair.  It reaches about three-quarters of the way down her back.  She wears it loose and her bangs are combed to the left side, covering her left eye.  Her hair is naturally very straight and she likes it this way.

Distinguishing Marks:  On the left side of her head there is an impressive scar from where Mikhail shot her.  It is dark red in color and seems to morph slightly from day to day, as though the magic that reanimated her scarred her as well.

When you say preferences, what kind of preferences do you mean?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 05:23:29 pm by V-Norrec »

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: December 23, 2010, 09:07:14 pm »

There is so a Brewing spec: Culinary. It shares with Cooking and Dairy.

As for preferences, just little things that please or annoy the character.

Command and medical are specs now.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 09:12:57 pm by Shade-o »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: December 23, 2010, 09:48:32 pm »

Oh, then I'll take Combiner, that could be fun.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: December 23, 2010, 10:01:19 pm »

Hey! Combiner is MY specialization!

*rage*

Seriously, I shall work on this after finishing the speech for Norrec's Starcraft RP.
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 249