A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143271 times)

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Chapter 1: Struck Earth
« Reply #2580 on: December 06, 2010, 07:33:45 am »

I will follow this plan.
Except I'll eat cheap plump helmets instead of worm paste. :P

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: December 08, 2010, 02:17:53 am »

So, Litast, seeing as the prevailing attitude is to desecrate the body in some manner... What's your call?
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: December 08, 2010, 02:21:19 am »

(Go for the cremation!)

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Chapter 1: Struck Earth: Days 6-11
« Reply #2583 on: December 08, 2010, 06:57:55 am »

It's hardly overwhelming to desecrate, if burning is considered cremation and not desecration. Then 8 people are saying we should have some kind of grave or cremation, 7 (or 8, depending on the 'other') people are calling for desecration. I, personally, considered burning to be mildly respectful without having to have any monument in Mikhail's name.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2584 on: December 08, 2010, 07:01:54 am »

Step 1: Cremate

Step 2: Dump ashes in hole

Step 3: Fill in hole.

Step 4: Forget about hole.

Just enough respect that he's unlikely to come back, but enough desecration to make the rest of us happy.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: December 08, 2010, 07:12:17 am »

Just make sure you don't do anything too evil.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 07:35:08 am by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

ruudhulk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: December 08, 2010, 08:50:52 am »

Just enough respect that he's unlikely to come back, but enough desecration to make the rest of us happy.

Step 5: Have Priest make sure he never ever ever ever comes back to haunt/taunt/flaunt/whatever.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: December 08, 2010, 12:03:35 pm »

Step 5: Have Priest make sure he never ever ever ever comes back to haunt/taunt/flaunt/whatever.

This. I say we dig the hole outside of the actual fortress area as I don't want his burial to resemble at all the way we will part with our less-hated brethren.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: December 08, 2010, 12:45:31 pm »

IC opinion: I've been thinking on it for a while, and I think we should eventually dedicate a casket or coffin or something to him, not out of his deserving it but out of dwarven respect. Madness and murder can come to any dwarf, but they still get a coffin dedicated, if not buried directly. We can build the shabbiest casket possible, scratch his name into it, and dig some space in the dirt or leave it outside or put it in the shittiest room available in the future (possibly a separate room reserved for dishonoured deaths). As long as this casket exists, we can do whatever with the body.

OOC: in the DF game, no matter what a dwarf has done in life, the living will assign them a coffin in death, hence the conclusion above.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: December 08, 2010, 03:53:08 pm »

That's largely my feeling- a dwarf deserves a certain amount of respect regardless of who he brutally executed while unconscious. Plus, his actions seemed more like madness than calculated malice. Well, the first part at least, coming back to murder us all was a bit excessive.

Also, the priest skill probably isn't just some ghostbuster remedy- if we desecrate the body, we should accept the fact that he might come back and haunt us. I'd rather just deal with him out of respect for his being a dwarf, rather than disrespect for what he did as a person.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: December 08, 2010, 06:24:16 pm »

Pffft, I say we burn him, it's easiest and he didn't do anything for us we can give him a coffin later if we really have nothing better to do.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: December 08, 2010, 06:26:14 pm »

We have a god on our side. I think we will be okay.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: December 08, 2010, 08:47:00 pm »

I voted for throwing it in the forest, but I'm down with burning it first.

OOC, I'm not upset anymore, and the smartest choice would be to give his character a proper burial.
IC, Tongsletter is mentally unstable, possessive of the forest, and recently shot.  Among other reasons.  So she's vengeful.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: December 09, 2010, 08:01:31 am »

Could i come with next migrant wave?
if so what to take with me?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: December 09, 2010, 08:14:36 am »

You can arrive retroactively the previous day, as nothing has happened yet. But for the love of Armok (me) please be the last one.

You can bring up to 100db worth or 120 units of size worth (size includes free items), which is the limit of your free cart. There can be a little spillover if you carry some yourself. You also get a free pack animal. For reference, tools are Large at 60, bins, barrels and bags are 20 at Medium, Small items are 4, and Tiny are 1.

You can talk further with me if you want to work out extra items/traits/skills via backstory. You'll also need a display picture, if only for the profile page. I can pick out an appropriate one for you though.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 08:55:17 am by Shade-o »
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 249