A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143120 times)

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #255 on: November 10, 2010, 03:50:04 pm »

FuzzyZergling
You begin rousing the rabble, but it appears that the majority of them just left with the promise of hot wives. Your hanger-ons are fully enthralled by you, however.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 10, 2010, 03:54:43 pm »

Look for a nobles child and convince him that buying a unicorn is what he wanted, plus it would make him soo popular with the ladys.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 10, 2010, 03:57:08 pm »

Gar: Returns to Ertal, laughing. "Those folks are happy with their new hot wives! An' ye'll be happy without!"

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 10, 2010, 04:04:03 pm »

Ochita
You are determined to help the stabler, even if it means accosting a noble. Now, where could a surfacer gain access to one? The tavern! You know that there's always a few bored and rebellious youngsters in there, looking for ways to waste their parent's money. You head there will full confidence, and you aren't disappointed. There are barely any peasants in here, and there are several comely noble lasses hanging on the arms of a charming dwarf.

Samthere
You return with news of your escapades to Ertal, and he's quite relieved. His family will take a while to organise another marriage, and even if he doesn't find another way out you've bought him a few months of peace. He asks if there is anything he can do for you (within reason, harrumph)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 04:07:00 pm by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 10, 2010, 04:06:20 pm »

whisper to the man that unicorns bring all the girls to his home. Theres one for sale...
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 10, 2010, 04:08:13 pm »

There's no time to get a good shot with a flame bolt, so I'll just take out the goblin first, and continue firing bolts at its head. I'll have Kas join me in the missile assault so we can at least slow it down, and have the crew/recruits brace for impact.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 10, 2010, 04:08:42 pm »

Gar remembers something and his eyes light up, "Actually, now that ye mention it, there is! Rumour has it that the Nimen House is in possession of Zanorzekrim Abirsombith, the legendary black bronze right gauntlet. If I could so much as hold it for long enough to take some notes, perhaps I could learn something of its quality!"

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 10, 2010, 04:10:09 pm »

I think that it is time to leave, before I become altogether too popular with the local rabble/law enforcement.
I ask one of the splendid ladies if I may have the pleasure of returning to her abode.
(Go for one closer to my stature, high noble girls are just too high maintanance)

Darn, I should have known that no true dwarven man would rather be out enciting class revolt when there were hot wives for the marrying.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 10, 2010, 04:15:39 pm »

Took me about 3 hours of guitar playing while looking over the character development to finally decide...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 10, 2010, 04:17:17 pm »

Ahh, another magic-touched.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 10, 2010, 04:26:34 pm »

Head over to the storeroom and try and chat up the Merchant/Guard.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 10, 2010, 04:50:11 pm »

Ochita
You approach, and attempts to market the unicorn to the dwarf in the middle of the throng. He brushes you off, and leads away a nice servant girl. As he leaves, he kindly recommends to the noble ladies that a unicorn is indeed the epitome of class. You are immediately crowded by them, demanding to know where they can find the unicorn.

You decide to get the goblin first, since it seems to be directing the troll. You fire off a shot, though it was difficult with the rocking and the bobbing. You hit and mangle the right lower leg, making him howl in pain but not knocking him off. Kas fires too, with a perfectly aimed shot that hits him in the right hand.

You fire again, but the shot goes low and hits the troll in the chest. It scratches the tough hide, but the troll isn't bothered by the pinprick. Kas fires once more, and hits the goblin in the right hand again, completely mangling it, making him drop his club that he was using to thrash the troll. Your other recruits take some initiative in the face of a troll bearing down on them and start hurling whatever cargo they can grab. Most of the throws fall short, but one barrel hits the troll in the chest, making it grunt as it takes the impact.

As it gets even closer, you and Kas fire at the same time, hitting the goblin in the chest and the right hand, completely tearing it apart. The impacts knock it off the troll, but it doesn't need directions any more and grabs onto the edge of the barge, rocking it unpleasantly as it attempts to pull itself out of the water.

Samthere
"Heartsnot the Romantic Executioner? The pride of my family, smasher of a thousand skulls... Alas, our estate was broken into recently and it was the target of the depredations! The guard have been unable to find those responsible, but I have an idea."

He leans closer.

"Duke Riggoth von Nuremburger has had his eye on it for years. He's got power and wealth, but his family lacks valuable artifacts. His lust for the Romantic Executioner is well know to our family, but his influence has kept him from suspicion. Our family is nothing compared to him, and we cannot take action. You are an unknown, and perhaps you could help me? At the very least you could confirm that he has obtained it."
What caste are you, anyway? I've just been assuming peasant/servant.

FuzzyZergling
You take your exit after assisting that weird guy, accompanied by a comely lass who scrubs floors for a noble. She's enamoured with you, and you head off for some time together.

CoughDrop
The huge dwarf looks like he's been built out of solid steak. You sense that he's trying to prevent you from wandering around the storerooms, insisting that he personally get whatever you request, so long as you wait outside. He seems nervous about something, though it's a mystery what could be worrying someone who could bench-press a troll.

You'll have Novice Thrower/Judge, not Dabbling.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 10, 2010, 04:53:02 pm »

Lead the nobles to the animal shop, tell them that bidding starts at 400, Whisper to the store owner that I get 20% of the final bid. Commence the bidding war, going up in 50's

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 10, 2010, 04:53:46 pm »

We still childhood friends Lilli CoughDrop?

Also, Enter inside, Take several sidesteps to the left and wait for your eyes to adjust.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 10, 2010, 04:56:53 pm »

What caste are you, anyway? I've just been assuming peasant/servant.
Gar's Character Template (no shopping till migration time)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yeah, artisan, but can easily pass for a peasant when he's on a night out.

Gar: "There'd be no way I'd be able to sneak in, I'm just no good at that, but perhaps your pocket change and my reputation as an armorsmith could lead his advisors to recommend asking me to ensure its authenticity and condition.."
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 249