A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143005 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Chapter 1: Struck Earth
« Reply #2430 on: November 27, 2010, 04:36:11 am »

Wait, nevermind.  I thought the barracks was some kind of cistern, still our current plan for the tunnel is by far superior as it doesn't leave anyway for an enemy to get down and destroy our floodgates.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: November 27, 2010, 04:45:46 am »

It would be as easy to climb down the slope and destroy the floodgate as it would be to do from the river. Unless you're worried about something swimming through the tunnel to get inside the fortress? The only reason I see for us to have a floodgate is so that we can safely dig out the water tunnel after the river thaws.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: November 27, 2010, 08:08:42 am »

OOC: DF wagons cannot go down stairs.
It is not easy for somebody to swim to the bottom of the river and destroy our floodgate from underwater.

IC: I'd be willing to give some blood for Norrec. I think that, after being revived, she might even drop that nonsense about "heresy," and realize that Aexiesoen isn't such a bad sort.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: November 27, 2010, 08:34:54 am »

For the record, that's not my little hole :D
My little hole is the expanse of digging in the North.

Also, yeah, a little blood for Norrec is fine; I have no reason to fear Aexiesoen, s/he hasn't seemed untrustworthy.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: November 27, 2010, 09:00:32 am »

"I would give enough blood if its needed."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: November 27, 2010, 05:00:08 pm »

"I'm pretty sure any blood would work, provided it's fresh from the source.

Um, how much would everyone be willing to give? Just a little, or enough to weaken you?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: November 27, 2010, 05:11:08 pm »

OOC: DF wagons cannot go down stairs.
It is not easy for somebody to swim to the bottom of the river and destroy our floodgate from underwater.

OOC: All types of caravans have always been able to go up/down stairs in all of my DF games. Though this may have been updated, or Shade-o may not allow it. I do agree the other cistern idea is better than mine. I'll update the plan.

Yes, I didn't like the idea of crushing everyone's hopes and dreams, but everyone will have the freedom to build what they want as long as it does not mess with the defense capability of the entrance level. Even then, the plan is far from being set in stone... Literally.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: November 27, 2010, 05:21:56 pm »

Huh.
I was pretty sure it was.

But in that case...
I imagine that way would lead to the barracks eventually, given that any wall would be in that direction anyways, and it's pretty close to the entrance. Then again, that's just what makes sense to me.

Since everyone needs beer through rain, shine or goblins, I'll put my personal area somewhere else, deeper into the fort...
*looks at RPing*

« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 05:36:54 pm by Twi »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: November 27, 2010, 05:39:19 pm »

Huh.

But in that case...
I imagine that way would lead to the barracks eventually, given that any wall would be in that direction anyways, and it's pretty close to the entrance. Then again, that's just what makes sense to me.

Since everyone needs beer through rain, shine or goblins, I'll put my personal area somewhere else, deeper into the fort...
*looks at RPing*

Yep. You do that. In the meantime I'll be making a tavern with Norrec and stuff.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: November 27, 2010, 06:02:41 pm »

Huh.

But in that case...

*looks at RPing*

Yep. You do that. In the meantime I'll be making a tavern with Norrec and stuff.

A CHALLENGE.
*goes to consider tavern*
<_>
In all seriousness, at this point, I just want somewhere indoors with a Brewer's Workshop in it, and a place to set down furniture items.
Better things will come when better things can be made.
*sigh*

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: November 27, 2010, 07:10:14 pm »

Is that everybody who is willing to 'participate'?
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: November 27, 2010, 08:41:12 pm »

I guess I could give some, but only after the other's injuries are taken care of.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: November 27, 2010, 08:57:56 pm »

If we've only got five or six, I might have to insist everyone give enough to be weakened. Raising the dead isn't a trivial matter.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: November 27, 2010, 09:19:56 pm »

A CHALLENGE.
*goes to consider tavern*
<_>
In all seriousness, at this point, I just want somewhere indoors with a Brewer's Workshop in it, and a place to set down furniture items.
Better things will come when better things can be made.
*sigh*
Well Im considering a 4-story one. 2-Z underground 2-Z above ground. 1 and -1 will be the kitchen and general eating/drinking area. -1 would also be a storeroom. 2 would be human and elf rooms. -2 would be dwarf rooms. Add a bathing area (Both sexes? Different times?) would really attact people.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: November 27, 2010, 09:22:23 pm »

Would we be able to use Mikhail's blood?
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 249