A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143059 times)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #225 on: November 10, 2010, 02:50:09 am »

Unleash the Fun upon the armies of cave things by lighting one last bolt ablaze, yelling at the crew to go double time, and launching the blaze of glory at the oil filled waters.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 10, 2010, 02:53:44 am »

Hmmm, guess there aren't any secret areas on the barge, get off the barge, then make my way towards Warehouse 13, so I pass Warehouse 12 (my warehouse).  Quickly duck inside Warehouse 13 and bluff my way through any guards in the way.

Edit:  Who knows, maybe this Warehouse 13 will be like the one on the show and be full of magical artifacts, that would be smexy.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 10, 2010, 03:05:32 am »

Lillipad
You wait until the oil has been thrown and dispersed across the water, which takes an eternity when goblins are swimming towards your stupid slow barge. When you've judged it to be enough, you light and fire another bolt into the most likely spot. The oil catches, and a vast swathe of water suddenly turns to fire. Many goblins are caught in it, and thrash about in pain. A few had already made it past, and are close to the barge. The flames cause a huge amount of light, possibly the most light this cavern has ever seen. Pillars and walls of rock are thrown into sharp relief, and the wreckage jutting out of the water forms jagged silhouettes. You see even more goblins on a narrow rock shelf, their ladders and boarding bridges useless. They don't seem to have brought any missile weapons, as they are currently jeering and screaming while waving axes and swords.

V-Norrec
You clamber off and head towards Warehouse 13 on a sudden inspiration. There are no guards, but the door is securely locked and no amount of effort can open it. You also try your key, but it only matches your own lock. You pause as you hear a faint echo coming from the black waters, but you have no idea what it is.

Remember, a good GM never says "There are no hidden things in this room" but "You didn't find any hidden things in this room." There might be something, there might not be. I'm not saying!
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 10, 2010, 03:07:01 am »

Yeah, well, I'm just doing a quick examination before I put my plan into motion.  BTW, can I drive my barge all the way from the docks to the store, and then finally down to iron?

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 10, 2010, 03:09:33 am »

While the fire is raging I'll kill every goblin I can see with my crossbow, I'll have Kas help. The other three can just protect the crew, I guess.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 10, 2010, 03:19:26 am »

V-Norrec
You don't have any experience with watercraft, it was a challenge getting on and off. You also have no crew. The undersea is on the northern side of the city and stretches in a lot of directions, but the only mapped routes are to a handful of other dwarven cities. The store and caravan depot is on the southern side of town, near the entrance.

Theoretically, you could go found Iron, find any cavern systems underneath that may or may not be connected to the undersea, and then map out a safe route that follows half a continent of pitch-black twisting stone caverns, then sail the Tower Cap Trader back in triumph.

But that would take a lifetime and probably kill you along the way.

Unless by 'drive' you mean pull it out of the water and attach wheels...

Lillipad
You decide on killing the goblins that are getting close. They're easy targets in the water, and you and Kas manage to strike them all down before they get a grip on the sideboards. Their corpses float away and mingle with the debris.

The goblins on the shelf are howling even louder, probably because their meal is getting away.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 10, 2010, 03:23:25 am »

Hmmmmm, well shoot, I was planning on loading up that entire warehouse, running off to the depot, selling all the crime supplies for new "clean" supplies and then sailing to Iron in triumph.  That ruins all my plans.  Well, I suppose I could just turn it into an ultra large wagon... better than those silly carts they are selling.  Anyhow, did I get a good look at Warehouse 12, is anybody nearby?

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 10, 2010, 03:27:29 am »

Since you aren't letting me eradicate the goblins, I guess that's mission complete(?)

Continue to protect the barge on its trip out to safety.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 10, 2010, 04:43:48 am »

V-Norrec
You glance around but nobody saw you trying to enter 13, in fact the whole area is nearly deserted for the moment. You head over to 12 and prepare to insert the key.

Lillipad
You breathe a sigh of relief as the flames die down and the goblins disappear into the darkness. They can't catch you now.

Nope, but something else can. A bellowing roar echoes past you, a response to the howling of the goblins. Though the light is low, you can make out a troll swimming towards you. With a goblin perched on its head. It doesn't seem to have any armour or weapons, but it's huge and strong and coming straight for you at a rate that will overhaul the barge.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 10, 2010, 08:08:07 am »

Put ear to door, if I can hear anyone inside, quickly rush off to the nearest guard station and ask for the most hard-boiled guard they have to help me clear out my own warehouse.  (And by most hard-boiled, I mean Lilli :P)  If I can't hear anybody, go ahead and enter, try and get a rough idea of the number of bins, chests, and barrels in the warehouse.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 09:36:52 am by V-Norrec »

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 10, 2010, 10:01:09 am »

Gar will rouse the patrons to come with him and Ertel! They shall carry the prospective wives off and marry them to the commoners! If Ertel thinks it's a good idea, of course. :D

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 10, 2010, 10:18:29 am »

Oh crap, I somehow didn't see this. Any way I could still play?

I'm truly sorry.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 10, 2010, 10:29:54 am »

Talk to the man and say that I shall lead the unicorn out, afterwards wait for a minute and cry thief. Give a description that suggests a goblin and that he took your unicorn. I will give you some bruses so the story will seem legit, I shall set it free, you get no hammerstrikes and the bad luck is gone!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 10, 2010, 11:02:53 am »

What is the noble-to-peasant ratio inside the tavern?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 10, 2010, 11:43:47 am »

I... wow, this thing really moves.  Is this a forum or IRC?  :P
I'm just pleasantly surprised.

Play with my new kitty cat.  Try to determine what he/she wants, if anything.
Also, brood about always being mistaken for a male due to people not paying attention to an outsider like myself. (yay retcon!).

Maybe I should spend this remaining cash.  ON KITTENS what
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 249