A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142875 times)

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Chapter 1: Struck Earth
« Reply #2070 on: November 23, 2010, 10:48:45 am »

I'll help dig that way soon. I just need a few private squares as soon as possible.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: November 23, 2010, 11:34:45 am »

0000-0700: Sleep
0700-0800: Breakfast of Sandow Stew
0800-1200: Start to engrave the bowls again, be careful
1200-1700: Dig the way that everyone agrees to with the floodgate thing.
1700-1800: Dinner of cave lobster and rum
1800-1900: Watch the sun set at camp.  Honor Kun with Rolan
1900-2000: Carve an Idol of Kun
2000-2300: Set up a shrine for kun. Pray for a good spring
2300-2400: Sleep
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: November 23, 2010, 11:52:00 am »

"Aren't sunsets beautiful, Urist?"
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: November 23, 2010, 12:02:28 pm »

"They are not bad, to me it symbolises how our god has given us the day, giving us the gift of night. The sunrise gives back the gift of day. This way, our god keeps us sane in the face of light."
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: November 23, 2010, 12:24:52 pm »

"They are not bad, to me it symbolises how our god has given us the day, giving us the gift of night. The sunrise gives back the gift of day. This way, our god keeps us sane in the face of light."
"Well spoken, as an artisan.  I simply see the twilight as Kun telling me I can go home and rest.  Unlike most people, my work really ends as the sun falls.  The natural beauty of each sunset gives me peace, just as the dawn inspires me to make the most of each day."
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: November 23, 2010, 12:31:01 pm »

"Well spoken, as an artisan.  I simply see the twilight as Kun telling me I can go home and rest.  Unlike most people, my work really ends as the sun falls.  The natural beauty of each sunset gives me peace, just as the dawn inspires me to make the most of each day."
"There is true wisdom in these words of yours... I was wondering.. How was it like, living on the surface? I myself am afraid of looking up, losing myself in the expanse... I can do it when I think of Kun but still... Its not great. The whole twilight thing is amazing though, I have to say... Maybe we could make a chamber in the mountain that captures the twilight and sunset?"

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: November 23, 2010, 01:43:16 pm »

"There is true wisdom in these words of yours... I was wondering.. How was it like, living on the surface? I myself am afraid of looking up, losing myself in the expanse... I can do it when I think of Kun but still... Its not great. The whole twilight thing is amazing though, I have to say... Maybe we could make a chamber in the mountain that captures the twilight and sunset?"

"It's very free.  No walls, no rules, very few people.  I think the solitude is my favorite part.  Er.  Sorry. I just, I get judged a lot.  And it's true, I'm not much of a dwarf.  So that's why I like the surface so much: I don't have to face all that." *laughs, not bitterly*
She/they

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: November 23, 2010, 03:28:39 pm »

.... WTF do you need private squares for?  WE'RE ON THE VERGE OF STARVATION AND YOU NEED PRIVACY???

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: November 23, 2010, 04:12:31 pm »

Calm down Norrec. I know it upsets you, but you're probably better off not caring.

I'll continue my actions, but instead of having lunch, I'll make practice bolts so people can learn how to use my eventually finished pile of crossbows. The change in rations allows for this new schedule, so I guess I should say thanks?
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: November 23, 2010, 04:23:02 pm »

Private squares for private activities of course! Sure, I love company, but sometimes I need a little space of my own to do my best work.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: November 23, 2010, 04:45:09 pm »

... I'm feeling another inquisition coming on.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: November 23, 2010, 05:10:12 pm »

Simple privacy! If I ever put the colony in danger, it will only be through inaction. Nothing I am planning on doing will inherently endanger any dwarf. I just need space within the mountain to focus.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: November 23, 2010, 05:12:44 pm »

Oh, let him have his hidey-hole, it's not like he can do much else right now.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: November 23, 2010, 05:17:56 pm »

He could help us, then go dig his hidey-hole.  His seeming desire not to help his fellows raises many questions.  Why does he need privacy so quickly when presumably I could do better with privacy (and a tavern to run) as well, yet sacrifice them for the greater good?  No, something is going on here and I intend to figure out what.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: November 23, 2010, 05:49:34 pm »

.... WTF do you need private squares for?  WE'RE ON THE VERGE OF STARVATION AND YOU NEED PRIVACY???
Cannibalism, of course. Can't go gnawing upon your fellows out in the open, now can we?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 249