A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143038 times)

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #180 on: November 09, 2010, 11:20:53 pm »

V-Norrec
You slip into the closet without anyone noticing. You press your eye up to the crack, and can make out two officious dwarfs in deep conversation. You switch to pressing your ear, and can barely make out their conversation. It seems to be about recent business acquisitions and losses. It's either the most boring financial accounts meeting ever, or a deep criminal transaction in code.

Lillipad
You stand in front of Nikoth, mouth open, but frozen in indecision.

FuzzyZergling
You have died of dysentery.

Or at least you would have if you were an idiot. You drink plenty of fluids and resolve to wash your hands more often. Now that that's dealt with...

Samthere
You return to the tavern, with a distinctive haircut and medallion bouncing on your chest. You point at a noble nursing a drink in the corner and shout, "Drink are on him!"
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 09, 2010, 11:24:33 pm »

im taking bard if you want to reconsider that, i jsut dont know if it will be primary or secondary

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 09, 2010, 11:25:58 pm »

Gar shall throw an arm around the noble and share a drink with him, showing him the medallion and asking him if he knows Duke Catten Amudbiban, so that no hard feelings are had!

Thanks for the shout, Hastur, but I like the way it sits with my character :D
Plus we can totally form a band!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 11:27:55 pm by Samthere »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 09, 2010, 11:26:38 pm »

Why must I be faced with two decisions of equal perfection? Uh... I'm a Skilled Commander with Magic-touched, so I could probably save all these foolish recruits on the mission, or I could recruit them into vigilante justice... Um...

"I'll take the recruits and give up the (1)Cart, but the (1)Chainmail is non-negotiable. Now, do we have a deal, or not?"
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 09, 2010, 11:31:46 pm »

Samthere
The noble is stunned at suddenly being accosted by you. He does little more than nod meekly to your questions.

Lillipad
"No armour is allowed on this mission, I'm afraid. We lose more to drowning than we do to combat around here. It's for your own good." Nikoth puffs on his cigar and snaps his suspenders, leaning back in his recliner.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 09, 2010, 11:32:33 pm »

what do i have to do do get another skilled skill? can i give up my physical advantage or take another disadvantage?

Also *I go out to a busy corner and recite poetry for money, while making my golem keep a beat, beatbox if possible

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 09, 2010, 11:34:15 pm »

The Chainmail was payment for after the job gets done, let's just pretend that Nikoth knows that, and prepare for battle with my band of Red Shirts?
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 09, 2010, 11:37:29 pm »

I go down to the underfields and have a friendly chat about agriculture with my housemate, who's name is Herak Dearbelt.
I then wander off to tend to my own out of the way plot, which is small and managable.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 09, 2010, 11:41:10 pm »

Continue listening, specifically for information about the caravan that is soon to depart.  If it sounds like one of them is about to leave head stealthily head back out of the closet and act like I was sitting, waiting the whole time.  ((Use my liar perk if I have to))

Also, I swear I'm doing your job for you Lilli lol.  By chance I've just stumbled onto the crims responsible for trying to hijack that caravan :P
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 11:46:20 pm by V-Norrec »

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 09, 2010, 11:41:16 pm »

Gar: will continue talking to the noble, getting the peasants around him all involved in the conversation. "Come on, mates, there are no class distinctions around a keg!" He starts to sing the Mountainhome's favourite drinking anthem (throw the elf / off the shelf, / the goblin / in the bins, / cover the human / in bitumen, / and down your cup o' meeeeeeeeeeeeeead!).

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 09, 2010, 11:43:50 pm »

Since Samthere took a forge toolkit, I'd like to switch mine out for a masonry kit.

Samthere, I already bought an anvil. I assume that the dwarf selling them will tell you or something. No need to have two.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 11:48:31 pm by Nirur Torir »

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 09, 2010, 11:45:32 pm »

I won't be here in the initial wave, so it's fine if you wanna double up on a few things. It's fine too if you wanna wait and vary our resources. Up to you!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 09, 2010, 11:48:59 pm »

In the future, I shall be keeping track of who is in the embark team, and who is a migrant.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 09, 2010, 11:49:37 pm »

Hastur

As a noble:

You can have two Skilled skills in the Service family. You can also have two Novice skills in anything.

You also have Liar and Learned, as well as Pampered. You can get 3 more good traits and 3 more bad traits with one each in Physical, Mental and Social, and if you take Jaded as a good Mental trait that cancels out Pampered.

Lillipad
Nikoth puffs his cigar slowly.

"We'll see. First thing is to complete the mission. If you do well, the chain mail is yours.

"Now get going, the barge is about to finish loading. The recruits are already there."

FuzzyZergling
You head down to the underfields, where much of the produce is grown for the fortress. You meet your friend and have a chat, but there's still no news on being selected for the expedition. You then wander off to your field, really just a muddy alcove in the cavern wall. After some digging and weeding, you feel a slight rumble in the ground and your beard begins to twitch.

V-Norrec
You can't really hear much, but now that you think of it, it sounds suspiciously high in legalese. People don't actually talk like that, right? One of them stands to leave, and you tumble out of the closet in time to act inconspicuous. Unfortunately, a bloodsoaked peasant with a crossbow in a legal firm is very noticeable. The visitor stares at you briefly, then leaves.

You remember that he wore fine clothes, had black hair in a ponytail, a finely trimmed short beard, and had gold rings on his fingers.

The senior calls you in, and you enter, ready to brandish the contract.

Samthere
You raise the level of the party, which was already quite high. The noble starts to loosen up, realising that he is completely at your mercy and might as well play along. What was it that you're talking about again?

The migrants and embarkers are listed separately in the first post.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 09, 2010, 11:53:03 pm »

I'll take that as a NO then.

did i make any money?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 249