A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142828 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #1440 on: November 15, 2010, 11:07:53 pm »

Might be particularly handy, since this might end up being the closest major settlement to us.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: November 15, 2010, 11:08:43 pm »

It's only 'major' in comparison to the other villages. It's really just a bunch of houses clustered around a dock, with an open square marketplace.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: November 15, 2010, 11:09:10 pm »

Perhaps briefly stop to ask how the local savagery is. I don't think we really need to trade though, unless anyone objects?
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: November 15, 2010, 11:09:50 pm »

I'm good with that.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: November 15, 2010, 11:11:08 pm »

I'd like to get more food, but I don't think we have anything to trade away.

I'd also be up for seeing if they've got any quests for us, but I can understand declining. :P
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: November 15, 2010, 11:13:23 pm »

I'd like to stop for a time in order to review our plans for when we arrive at the site so we can get a quick start.  Also, we're probably close enough to start gathering seeds that can grow at our fortress location.  It might be good to trade for some.  Also, as this will be the nearest human settlement, we should probably stop in say hello, and let them know our purpose so they know the lands might soon be safer.  ((Also I want to have a convo with Ochita and he's not on now))

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: November 15, 2010, 11:15:08 pm »

Seeds would be good, but no more quests. It's taken nearly 100 default pages, and we aren't to the site yet.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: November 15, 2010, 11:16:24 pm »

We might not be settling close enough to really draw anything away from them.

Also awwww on the no quests thing. At first I was in a hurry to get to the site also, but I like this approach better now.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: November 15, 2010, 11:16:42 pm »

They've got lots of fish. You've got 410db

Sunscale Salmon 15db / Barrel
Goldfin Tuna 20 db / Barrel
Skaldivon Darter 25db / Barrel
Rock Lobster 20db / Barrel

Brine Ale 10db / Barrel

The brewer looks like he knows something... If you can help cure him of his sudden deafness. Maybe the clink of coins will hear his head.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: November 15, 2010, 11:16:55 pm »

I'd like to get more food, but I don't think we have anything to trade away.

I'd also be up for seeing if they've got any quests for us, but I can understand declining. :P

Please Kun let the quest be "Kill 8 kobolds at The Iron Cliffs".

I like V-Norrec's idea.  Herbalism power, go!  Search the area for useful plants, and reap them.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: November 15, 2010, 11:17:51 pm »

Ask someone who looks like they would know about the qualities (and quality) of the various fish and ale.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: November 15, 2010, 11:18:03 pm »

Coins might cure his deafness. A loaded crossbow pointed directly at his face might not hurt either.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: November 15, 2010, 11:18:34 pm »

I'd object but hard-boiled.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: November 15, 2010, 11:19:22 pm »

Approach the brewer, begin talking about the local plant life and which ones can be turned into fine alcoholic beverages.  Also, why not, see if my 10db is enough to make him spill the beans, if not buy a barrel of Brine Ale.

((Also, we need to decide what kind of plan we're going to go with when we get to the fortress, do you guys remember them all, and if so whose do we want to go with?))

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: November 15, 2010, 11:21:01 pm »

Norrec
You attempt to smoothly get some information while making a purchase, but he hopelessly outmatches you. You end up buying four barrels of horrible, salty ale and giving him a 10db tip.
natural 1
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 249