A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142811 times)

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #1425 on: November 15, 2010, 10:36:37 pm »

Gar: "How do you make sure you don't ruin the rock - or the ore - that you're mining?"

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: November 15, 2010, 10:36:52 pm »

Fuzzy, I was offline and then had to type things up. XD

And I noticed I'm on good terms with everyone save Rolan's character. Is it because he's low class or summat?
Yes, because he's an outsider.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: November 15, 2010, 10:37:37 pm »

Military brotherhood? We're complete opposites!

I'll ask the guards about their training and any previous combat experience in a hard-boiled manner.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: November 15, 2010, 10:41:09 pm »

Ask Norrec for a few pointers on brewing, and talk about our respective lives in the Mountainhomes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: November 15, 2010, 10:43:22 pm »

I'll ask the guards about their training and any previous combat experience in a hard-boiled manner.
How did I just now realize these two are going to be a buddy cop movie in charge of our defenses?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: November 15, 2010, 10:45:03 pm »

How did I just now realize these two are going to be a buddy cop movie in charge of our defenses?

Ha!
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: November 15, 2010, 10:45:45 pm »

I'd sooner shoot him in the neck with a crossbow than allow him the chance to have a cop movie theme with me.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: November 15, 2010, 10:46:58 pm »

I'd sooner shoot him in the neck with a crossbow than allow him the chance to have a cop movie theme with me.
Don't worry, it'll get stuck in his beard, you'll somehow get into an argument over fish, and both notice a goblin thief slipping past you at the last second, resulting in an amusing chase scene.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: November 15, 2010, 10:52:11 pm »

Don't worry, it'll get stuck in his beard, you'll somehow get into an argument over fish, and both notice a goblin thief slipping past you at the last second, resulting in an amusing chase scene.
Followed by me nearly hitting them with a ballista bolt, allowing the thief to escape. More ballista practice will ensue.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: November 15, 2010, 10:53:39 pm »

No I'm serious, I will kill him or myself(taking all my stuff with me) if I have to enter a buddy cop movie theme with him.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: November 15, 2010, 11:02:09 pm »

Ask Norrec for a few pointers on brewing, and talk about our respective lives in the Mountainhomes.
"Well, brewing isn't too hard, I'll teach you more about it later, for now, I want to be left alone if you don't mind."  I approach Urist Ore Balance, "So, do you really mean it?" I ask.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: November 15, 2010, 11:02:43 pm »

Pray to Uzol Diamondeye, letting him know I like gems. Also ask if glass gems count.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: November 15, 2010, 11:03:14 pm »

No I'm serious, I will kill him or myself(taking all my stuff with me) if I have to enter a buddy cop movie theme with him.

That's what the crusty hard-boiled veteran always says!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: November 15, 2010, 11:05:34 pm »

That's what the crusty hard-boiled veteran always says!
Good catch, actually!

"YOU PAIR ME UP WITH THAT RULES-TOTING SECURED-CANNON MILITARY PATSY AND I'LL HURL BOTH OF US OFF A CHASM!"
"YOU'RE A LOOSE CANNON, MIKHAIL! Now get to work with your new partner anyway and don't let me hear another word about it!"

Tense confrontation follows. Shenanigans not long after.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: November 15, 2010, 11:06:07 pm »

Over many more days, you travel south along the coast. The land is poor and the invaders numerous, so it is only sparsely settled, mostly on the shores of Skaldivon. Though you are travelling south, Spring is approaching so the weather remains mild.

The caravan is coming up on the last major fishing village, does Litast want to stop for trade and news?
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 249