A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142882 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #1365 on: November 15, 2010, 08:09:21 pm »

Indignantly make the same recommendation of Norrec for attempting to oppress the religious freedom of his fellows.

It is NOT an attempt to oppress religious freedom, but a suggested punishment for you're doing something that could very well have killed all of us. The reason he is asking you to renounce this god is because he believes it is very possible that it could have possessed each person that was engulfed in the abyss. And can we all stop bickering? As for punishment, I am contemplating putting up a vote for what Tholtig's punishment should be, as I DO see this as a punishable crime.
"Oh? Then why does he demand to know if we renounce it without knowing anything about it?"

"For that matter, why do you insist it could have killed us all when all our information about it pointed to it being relatively benign? And what would you have done instead, turned around and told the priest there was nothing to be done?"

Turn incredulously to look at Gar. "You can... sense metals?! Really?!"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: November 15, 2010, 08:13:55 pm »

((FurryZergling, did you enter the blackness, too?  If so please answer the same 5 questions as the other dwarves.))

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: November 15, 2010, 08:15:36 pm »

"Gar, that's a great boon!  Good thinking!  Being a better woodcutter just doesn't cut it compared to that.  ...Sorry."
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: November 15, 2010, 08:17:50 pm »

Nope.
I don't think it's such a big deal, I talk to my Gods rather often.
Not that they answer every single time, mind you.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: November 15, 2010, 08:18:33 pm »

And what would you have done instead, turned around and told the priest there was nothing to be done?"

"I would have consulted everyone else in the group to see how they would want to go about dealing with the situation. And I see nothing wrong with turning around seeing as we would have been dealing with a god. I understand that we both have very different views on how caution is a necessity, but I am such for the integrity of the rest of the team."
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: November 15, 2010, 08:23:45 pm »

Waiting for Gar to I make my final recommendation to Litast about what actions should be taken regarding the dwarves who entered the darkness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: November 15, 2010, 08:24:35 pm »

"I would have consulted everyone else in the group to see how they would want to go about dealing with the situation. And I see nothing wrong with turning around seeing as we would have been dealing with a god. I understand that we both have very different views on how caution is a necessity, but I am such for the integrity of the rest of the team."
"I respect your concern, but we're headed to found a military citadel. I think it's a bit late to avoid anything that could possibly be dangerous.

Gods aren't meant to be trifled with, but they're not all-powerful either."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: November 15, 2010, 08:27:04 pm »

"I think it's a bit late to avoid anything that could possibly be dangerous."

"I don't quite understand what you mean by that, could you elaborate?"
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: November 15, 2010, 08:28:02 pm »

Also, not sure anyone cares, but I turn 18 tomorrow. weee.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: November 15, 2010, 08:29:18 pm »

((Congratulations.

Note: Dwarves generally like digging to dangerous depths. Freeing gods to befriend them isn't that far off.))

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: November 15, 2010, 08:33:55 pm »

((Gratz CoughDrop.  I'm sending you an RP pm of what I recommend regarding the other dwarves and the expedition in general after this incident.  Noticed Gar was offline))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: November 15, 2010, 08:36:06 pm »

((Grats.))

"I don't quite understand what you mean by that, could you elaborate?"
"Well, our trip itself is a little dangerous, and we'll be under attack at some point once we get there. Avoiding something because it might be dangerous, even though we don't think it is, and it might be beneficial, just doesn't seem viable, you know?"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: November 15, 2010, 08:39:30 pm »

"Tholtig, that is no excuse for potentially bringing even greater danger down upon all of our heads.  I stick by my original recommendation."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: November 15, 2010, 08:40:23 pm »

"If there's no excuse for potential danger, why are you even on this expedition?"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: November 15, 2010, 08:42:31 pm »

"You will notice the term "greater".  I'm not opposed to the normal danger in the line of duty, potentially freeing an enemy from a secure prison is far beyond normal, expected danger however."
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 249