A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143231 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #1200 on: November 15, 2010, 03:41:48 am »

So, does anything happen, or do we just have a slightly bloody bowl?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: November 15, 2010, 04:37:48 am »

dragonshardz
I'll let you have a 7-dwarf tent, 7 bedding, and 7 chairs for the 100Db. Everybody else got free stuff.

ahem
As Tholtig's blood drips into the basin, the impacts boom like thunderclaps. The blood pools, then disappears as if drunk by the stone.

All sound ceases. The light from the lanterns shrinks until they are like stars in a night sky. A dim blood red glow illuminates the whole chamber, revealing hundreds of pillars in every direction. The beasts collapse into dust. Every single person knows that a long-gone power is returning. A black shadow fills the basin, overflows and starts to spill into the depression.

You could run, it looks pretty slow. All things considered, it's probably not a good thing.
What happens next will be revealed only to the person affected.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 04:42:20 am by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: November 15, 2010, 05:00:22 am »

(couldn't sleep for other reasons)
I for one don't run.  I stand near the bowl.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: November 15, 2010, 05:02:56 am »

You dive into the oozing blackness. Nice knowing you!
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1204 on: November 15, 2010, 06:06:56 am »

Spoiler: Shem Kilrudtabar (click to show/hide)

With that taken care of, I believe it is up to you, Shade-o, to give me a hook to start with.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: November 15, 2010, 06:41:31 am »

While the expedition caravan was organised, supplied and set off, you were off breaking rocks with your engineering squad. Word came too late that you were in fact chosen to accompany them to ensure their survival. Setting off two days after them, you have finally managed to catch up in the human town of Blackstone, a regional seat of power.

Your wagon crew drops you and your supplies off, then returns back to the Mountainhome after picking up some trade goods. You expect to meet with the expedition leader or perhaps their military attachment, but you find their caravan idle near a warehouse. The crew are waiting for the team to return, who disappeared earlier in the day. They were last seen at the tavern.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: November 15, 2010, 06:58:06 am »

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU DO THAT WHEN NOBODY WAS AROUND TO STOP YOU, YOU CRAZY FOOL!!!!

Crap... there went our guide out of here.  Pick up the Adil's cat.  "Get us out of here or we're all going to die!"  I shout desperately, hoping the evil cat realizes this as well.  Also offer to cut off Irony's head next time she wants to bleed into something.

Also you can change my relationship to IronyOwl to hated right about now, and also neutral to Mikhail, both for trying really hard to get us killed, though it looks like Irony succeeded far beyond Mikhail's wildest dreams.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 07:03:25 am by V-Norrec »

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: November 15, 2010, 07:06:04 am »

So are you actually fleeing, or just holding Denrhymes up, off the floor, hoping that they can get you out?

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: November 15, 2010, 07:07:46 am »

You think I want to be in the same room as Cthulu when he comes back into this world, I'm getting right the hell out of here A.S.A.P.  OF COURSE THIS WOULDN'T BE AN ISSUE IF IRONY WOULD HAVE WAITED FOR THE GROUP LIKE A SANE PERSON!  Also, I drag everyone (excluding Irony) with me.  They don't deserve to be in Cthulu's waking chamber either.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: November 15, 2010, 07:08:51 am »

I SHALL HEROICALLY THROW A ROPE INTO THE OOZING BLACKNESS FOR ROLAN, WHILE MOVING BACK FROM THE BLACKNESS' BORDER.

If I feel a tug, I SHALL PULL WITH ALL MY MIGHT! If I cannot pull it or am pulled too close to the blackness, I SHALL RETREAT!

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: November 15, 2010, 07:13:15 am »

Once everybody has given their reaction to this event, I'll send out PMs regarding what happens to those who don't make it out.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: November 15, 2010, 07:14:55 am »

Also, on the retreat, I shall Indiana Jones-style dodge traps in true Heroic fashion. :D

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: November 15, 2010, 07:18:45 am »

I hope that the barrier in the second room is still down.

Yeah, it is.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 07:23:16 am by Shade-o »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: November 15, 2010, 07:36:06 am »

On a scale of one to ten, how screwed are we?

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: November 15, 2010, 07:40:48 am »

That would depend on what you mean by 'screwed' and 'we'.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 249