A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143237 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: Cobalt Edition: Prologue: Orngim Trail
« Reply #1125 on: November 14, 2010, 09:15:03 pm »

"Well at least it's not interested in cruelty, but this interests me.  Most gods aren't manifest in this world, and as far as I know the only one that is manifest in this world that governs wealth is Hipobis Giltgold. . .  Are we in his lair?"  I ask out loud.  I then kneel where I am and begin to pray to Hipobis for answers and from protection from any dangers that lie ahead.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: November 14, 2010, 09:17:01 pm »

We could really annoy someone, freeing gods. Plus, they could be insane from a few centuries of solitude.

I pray to Medtobolil, to ask for guidance regarding the possible freeing of a god who may potentially now be insane, and possibly having said god be indebted to us.

Ninja'd, but that won't stop be from trying!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: November 14, 2010, 09:20:15 pm »

Everyone seems to be a lot more religious down here >.>  <.<

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: November 14, 2010, 09:24:26 pm »

Bow to Litast.  "It's an honor to be of service.  I agree that we should be cautious... while this fallen deity was benign, it has been imprisoned, by its own followers, for a very long time.  If it's still alive, it may not be in its right mind."

Pray to Kun, goddess of twilight, for information about this fallen god.

It *is* a temple, Norrec (:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: November 14, 2010, 09:26:39 pm »

I'll fondly regard creation... In a hard-boiled manner. I'll also follow the rest of the group to the possibly insane deity.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: November 14, 2010, 09:27:09 pm »

Gar: prays to Aned Luckystep that the locked god will favour the group when they inevitably unlock it.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: November 14, 2010, 09:28:12 pm »

Hipobis responds: Stop bothering me, I'm eating a cow.

Medtobolil responds: Be assertive, but not too ambitious. Also consider the application of mechanical force, if you can. Watch out for the transfer phenomena, that always gets me...

Kun responds: What are you doing? Oh, I am not touching this.

Aned responds: If life were a 1d20, you've rolled your last 20 for a while.

Adil leads the group on, identifying traps, avoiding hazards and taking a particular path through what must be a maze. Finally everybody reaches a large double-door made of stone, sealed well shut. It is decorated with the same twisting patterns as the carved symbol you found earlier. There is no indication of how to enter. The walls are lined with pillars, which break up the light and create deep shadows.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: November 14, 2010, 09:31:44 pm »

I'll touch the door with wild abandon. In a loose cannon manner I shall continue to smash it in with a good old shield tackle in a hard-boiled manner. In the aftermath I shall fondly regard creation in a hard-boiled manner.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: November 14, 2010, 09:32:57 pm »

"Good news everyone, it's not Hipobis Giltgold."  I say.  "Unless they have lots of cows in there."  I'll take this opportunity to knock Mikhail the heck out before he gets us all killed.  No seriously, I try to knock him out before he gets us killed.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: November 14, 2010, 09:34:03 pm »

It was your wealth beast that told me to smash something, I'm assuming that this is where I smash.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: November 14, 2010, 09:35:47 pm »

I'll touch the door with wild abandon. In a loose cannon manner I shall continue to smash it in with a good old shield tackle in a hard-boiled manner. In the aftermath I shall fondly regard creation in a hard-boiled manner.

Seriously? I find myself agreeing with Norrec's notions of casting you into whatever impending doom you happen to release upon us because you were playing around.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: November 14, 2010, 09:37:53 pm »

In the lore of Aned Luckystep, is a high d20 roll good or bad? :D (I've been playing Paranoia recently, and a 20 has usually resulted in immediate death)

Regardless, as Aned teaches, when the odds are against you, the prizes are better! Let's go for it!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 09:41:36 pm by Samthere »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: November 14, 2010, 09:38:30 pm »

Call out to the shadows "Anyone there?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: November 14, 2010, 09:39:03 pm »

"And we have Kun's implied consent!  Not support, exactly, but she didn't tell us *not* to free the thing."

Oh right, I almost forgot I know the way.  See if I know how to open this door, or if the fastest route is hidden somewhere else.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: November 14, 2010, 09:40:45 pm »

... Next time, I think the starter of the quest gets to choose who can come with him.  *facepalm*
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 249