Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: how do i tell...  (Read 4012 times)

lojban

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a nerd. I program python. i post if i see fit.
    • View Profile
how do i tell...
« on: November 07, 2010, 06:53:47 pm »

how do i tell if a girl i like likes me?
we're friends, not too close friends, but friends.
and there's a guy she hangs out with a lot, but i think they're just friends...

so, a couple of questions: the first one, and how do i tell if she and the guy are just friends or not?
-smuci zasti fliba, menli sanli basti.    (that's lojban)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: how do i tell...
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 06:56:16 pm »

so, a couple of questions: the first one, and how do i tell if she and the guy are just friends or not?
I'd ask obliquely.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 06:57:04 pm »

You ask.
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 06:57:43 pm »

For 1 and 2
I'd say just ask.
*Hugs*

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 08:42:59 pm »

Sounds a lot like the situation I'm in now. Anyway, what I'd recommend doing is not so much asking(Makes you look as if you have no self-confidence, as far as I know) but rather ask her(casually) if she wants to go to the movies or hang out or whatever. If she says yes and you both have a good time, in maybe 2 weeks or a month ask her out again. Keep talking to her, get her phone number if you don't have it, call and text(don't overdo it. Don't want to look creepy) and make her laugh, I guess.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 08:53:40 pm »

Not the movies for a first date though, you should be getting to know her, not sitting in a dark room staring at a screen while she's next to you.
Shoes...

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 08:57:44 pm »

Not the movies for a first date though, you should be getting to know her, not sitting in a dark room staring at a screen while she's next to you.
Then what the hell should a first date for him be?

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 09:03:26 pm »

You think that the movies is the only place to go with somebody? They could easily go grab lunch someplace, or something like that.

Situations where you can actually talk are good, but movies are useful too in the sense that you get used to simply being together and trying to be comfortable doing the same thing together without the necessity for conversation. Of course, that's assuming you don't just sit there and completely ignore the other person's existence.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 09:29:07 pm »

Of course, that's assuming you don't just sit there and completely ignore the other person's existence.

Yeah, don't do that. Particularily if you have let the girl pay the ticket. It kind of makes you look bad in front of her and (since she will talk) her friends. I should know
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 09:45:09 pm »

Of course, that's assuming you don't just sit there and completely ignore the other person's existence.

Yeah, don't do that. Particularily if you have let the girl pay the ticket. It kind of makes you look bad in front of her and (since she will talk) her friends. I should know

Why would you EVER let her pay?
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 09:45:28 pm »

Why would she let you pay? Same thing.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2010, 09:47:50 pm »

I disagree. I don't care if anyone wants to call it sexist. Traditionally a man pays for the woman on a date.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 09:53:17 pm »

You disagree with what, exactly? It is sexist, tradition or not. Something being tradition doesn't mean it's good.

Obviously, paying for someone else on a date isn't a bad thing, but why does it have to be gender-specific?

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 09:55:26 pm »

Well I suppose it's sexist that one of my biggest scruples is to never hit a woman. I don't think it's wrong.

I'm not opposed to the idea of the woman paying, but there is no way I'm ever going to not put myself forward as the one to pay.

(Plus, if you are the one asking them out, you really ought to be paying)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 10:06:20 pm »

Why would you EVER let her pay?

I dont know man she just did. :(
Ah damn, she was hot. And over the years she has only gotten hotter.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4