Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: A possibly, odd, question.  (Read 10976 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A possibly, odd, question.
« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2010, 10:50:47 pm »

How could calling someone an ass burger not be derogatory? It boggles the mind.

But it's so much easier to say, and it sounds a lot less cliquish than "aspie."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2010, 10:52:36 pm »

I don't think of it as derogatory. I think of "socially retarded aspie fuck" as derogatory. I think of "ass burgers" as pretty damn funny.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2010, 10:54:28 pm »

Meh.  I tend to just go with "socially troubled" to describe others unless they out themselves, because that can be diagnosed by someone who isn't a mental health professional (i.e. me) and is all I usually cared about in the label anyway.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 09, 2010, 01:15:59 am »

Well its possible to be socially challenged without having any kind of syndrome.
So this might cause some confusion.

It's probably still valid, if you don't want other people know that you/someone has it.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 09, 2010, 02:05:39 am »

While an egg is still an egg, birds don't have an uterus or equivalent, so you can't really compare. I would say look at monotremes since they are kind of an intermediate.

There's also the fact that menstruation isn't about the egg anyway, it's about shedding the uterine lining. The egg is pretty incidental to that.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2010, 02:15:49 am »

aspergers appears to be Similar to ADD in the affect on the seratonin lvls. Just sort of opposites on the focus affect.
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2010, 08:54:01 am »

Honestly, I doubt it's a problem, though. It's easier to get people to lactate than people tend to think, and it's only been a year.

Also: If you release the milk in any way (like pumping it out, or hiring a very short Vietnamese man to do so manually), that'll encourage your body to produce more.
I heard that the milking business earns a lot of money, so.....
You can have your own chocolate drink!
Or human milk cereals!
That's SO fucking awesome

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2010, 03:43:08 pm »

...This part of the forum is rather disturbing.
I think I'll be going back up to the top now.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Overspeculated

• Bay Watcher
  • euklid on pth
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2010, 03:56:45 pm »

It stinks of puberty and attention seeking in here. And of very dull and shallow coquetry.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 09, 2010, 04:03:44 pm »

You didn't judge the whole lower forums by the Life Advice section...did you?
Because that would be a very inaccurate view of them.
Except maybe Realmfighter. :P

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 09, 2010, 05:03:50 pm »

Realmfighter is Realmfighter. He fights realms.

Trying to explain anything more is futile.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2010, 07:11:12 am »

You didn't judge the whole lower forums by the Life Advice section...did you?
Because that would be a very inaccurate view of them.
Except maybe Realmfighter. :P

I stay away from the Forum Games part, it's mostly for people who ran out of real games.

Creative Projects is nice, with about 60% abandonware, 35% poor quality but interesting, and 5% awesome stuff.

General Discussion has ultra-long threads from people who use it as twitter (I'm happy because...), news posts, arguments on politics/religion/piracy, and the rest of the randomly discussed stuff.

Life Advice has the social rejects, ranging from "why should I not kill people" and "how do I get my girlfriend to lactate" to standard puberty stuff.

Yeah, the upper forums are much better, but there's only so many things you can say about Dwarf Fortress.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2010, 07:53:24 am »

How do I get my newly pubescent dwarfs to lactate, and to stop killing people?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2010, 02:20:18 pm »

Kill them.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2010, 02:30:45 pm »

I stay away from the Forum Games part, it's mostly for people who ran out of real games.
You lie. Several are below video games/published tabletop RPGs only in their play-by-post pace.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8