Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: A possibly, odd, question.  (Read 10952 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
A possibly, odd, question.
« on: November 06, 2010, 08:11:42 pm »

Ok, sooo, I had my baby a year ago, and yet I'm still lactating, so, is this normal? Cause really it's quite annoying.
*Hugs*

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A possibly, odd, question.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 08:13:10 pm »

Ok, sooo, I had my baby a year ago, and yet I'm still lactating, so, is this normal? Cause really it's quite annoying.

Are you breast-feeding?  I mean, I have never had a baby, so I wouldn't know... but my mom breastfed me until I was 3, so I can't say it's actually odd.  Sounds pretty normal to me.

Other than that, though, I'd say you should go see an OB/GYN, because they're more likely to have reliable info on this stuff.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 08:13:44 pm »

• Why ask us? Why not call a doctor? I'm sure you know one, having given birth and all.
  • Is there a particular reason your kid's not breastfeeding?
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 08:17:07 pm »

My baby isn't breastfeeding due to the fact that social services took her awaw from me. And I can't contact the doctor, because he would then contact my family, and I want nothing more to do with them.
*Hugs*

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 08:18:59 pm »

And I can't contact the doctor, because he would then contact my family, and I want nothing more to do with them.

... He would?  What about doctor-patient confidentiality?

Unless you're like 16, or something.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 08:19:39 pm »

According to her profile, she IS 16.

Of course, you could always just contact a different doctor, or go to a clinic or something. Or google it.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 08:19:49 pm »

^That.
*Hugs*

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 08:21:29 pm »

According to her profile, she IS 16.

Jesus Christ.

All right, give me a minute.  I may be able to solve this.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2010, 08:26:46 pm »

Honestly, I doubt it's a problem, though. It's easier to get people to lactate than people tend to think, and it's only been a year.

Also: If you release the milk in any way (like pumping it out, or hiring a very short Vietnamese man to do so manually), that'll encourage your body to produce more.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2010, 08:30:47 pm »

Also: If you release the milk in any way (like pumping it out, or hiring a very short Vietnamese man to do so manually), that'll encourage your body to produce more.

Yeah, this.

Anyway, here are two links that looked decent:

Link 1
Link 2

Good luck.  That sounds craptacular.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2010, 08:33:22 pm »

Thanks guys, I'm slightly less freaked out now that I know it's (sort of) normal.
*Hugs*

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2010, 08:52:55 pm »

If you're 16 and have a kid at 15, I wouldn't be surprised if your hormone levels and such are a bit out of the normal range anyhow. Hell, even some males lactate during puberty (although not very many at all, I don't think). I don't think you have a whole lot to worry about, but if it just plain doesn't stop, or symptoms get worse, I'd definitely suggest seeing someone about it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2010, 08:56:00 pm »

Yeah, I'd talk to some older women who have had babies, at the very least.  There may be a support group for single moms in your area, or for people in your situation.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2010, 08:57:07 pm »

And I can't contact the doctor, because he would then contact my family, and I want nothing more to do with them.

... He would?  What about doctor-patient confidentiality?

Unless you're like 16, or something.

It depends on the state law regarding pregnacy and minors.

Still, having a kid while you're still in high school would have made it alot harder to actually be in school.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2010, 10:39:11 pm »

Like 60% of the forum are teenage boys who would either be freaked out or turned on by that. 20% would be men, who.. would probably have the same reaction. And most of the women/girls probably don't have kids yet. There's probably like 12% who have kids, but most of them stay on the upper forums (except maybe Nikov).

The odds of anyone being a lactating teenage female here is so low that I'd be tempted to call you out as a troll.. but seeing how B12 has thousands of members, it's quite possible you're the odd one out.

You should probably not really rely on any advice anyone gives here, though :P

This one is probably true, IIRC.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8