Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23

Author Topic: These Women Screwed Me Over  (Read 28271 times)

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: This Women Screwed Me Over
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2010, 07:16:19 am »

Except for "All women are women."

Oh wait, transexuals. Darn.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2010, 07:26:52 am »

Anyway, I think undersexed people, men and women alike, are worse than average because all the frustration makes them mean.

I'm not mean.
It really depends on how much of a big deal it is to you.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2010, 07:28:38 am »

Should've written "people who don't release sexual tension", since there's other methods for that besides sex.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2010, 10:22:31 am »

Bigotry was never the thing I was trying to convey. Please know that. This is, obviously, the internet. It is easier to talk about things with people who have no real gravity on the situation unless I allow it to happen. Further, it is even easier to write to people about things then to talk about it. Combining them is what we have here. Just because I said "I hate women" when I was angry at one for breaking my heart does not in any way mean I am a sexist, or have issues with women (Or people, for that matter.) deep down. I respect and most certainly do not "Hate women". I needed to vent my feelings, and I happened to convey something to some of you that seemed negative. It would be very helpful to me if you would look past that trip-up in my wording.

The last thing you guys are confusing me on are some assumptions you are making, such as me rushing into things. I don't recall anywhere in that post me saying we were sexually involved. Neither do I recall saying a word on whether I was desperate for a girl or not. Or even me being angry that she spent the money I gave her (Why would I give her money and not expect that to happen? I was just a little surprised she found a way to use it all in a single night.)

Either way, you're opinions are appreciated :)

(Edit)

Seems there's more to reply to. One question being why I gave her that money in the first place. You need to remember that I am just communicating a few instances to you that I feel help convey my feelings. While that single instance may seem like me trying to buy love, it most certainly was not. I showed and told I loved her in so many ways that I couldn't even start to put them all down in words. Me showing some kindness and charity towards her by giving her money was not a attempt on buying love, but rather a attempt on trying to cheer her day up.

And again, I have nothing against her, or women for that matter. I just needed somewhere to put this all down so I could get some real, honest feedback.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 10:43:24 am by Rex_Nex »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2010, 12:43:16 pm »

It's equally wrong to generalize that there's an air of sexist ass-hattery coming from the guys in this community...

... Have you been reading most of the relationship advice threads here recently?  No, obviously not all men here are sexist asshats.  There is a lot of asshatery going around right now, though.  I'm tired of opening up threads and seeing "So, this girl is annoyed at me... is she on her period or something?" or "Oh my god, I can totally talk to normal people, but... I don't know how to talk to women!"  And that's not even including the confirmed trolls, who were really horrible.

No, I'm not saying everyone is responsible for it, and the community is getting a lot better, but the life advice section in general has been making me feel a lot worse about being female in this place.

And before anyone says "just don't read it, then," that's not a viable solution, and you know it.

We're not saying you ARE desperate, just that you look desperate because you're off giving out all those material gifts.  It's kind of like we would (often) say a girl is desperate if she has a lot of sex with a random guy who isn't committed, and what she wants is a long-term relationship.

I don't know that much about your situation from what you've said, but I'd say that you're getting too emotionally involved too fast, letting breakups influence you too much emotionally, and now... well, you aren't letting go.  That's all right.  I understand not letting go.  But you might want to spend some time figuring out what you need to do to realize that you really don't want this girl back, to the point of it not mattering what she does with dudes in her spare time.  Lesson learned, right?  Now you don't have to deal with that bullshit again, so there's no point in putting yourself through it.

Well, anyway.  It seems that you wanted to vent more than you wanted advice, so... do you have any questions, or are you feeling better? =)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2010, 01:19:01 pm »

And before anyone says "just don't read it, then," that's not a viable solution, and you know it.

Well, don't get too emotionally involved, then.
I know it's not that easy, as I myself tend to rage about things people say on the internet.
But what else can you do?
I doubt topics like this will stop getting posted.

Also your first example was 14 and had a history on opening stupid topics/being some sort of semi-troll.
I wouldn't take everything such a person says for face value.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2010, 01:25:35 pm »

Get pissed off, because this isn't right.  We can carve out this little sliver of the internet into a better place, where people don't have to feel that they're being portrayed as lesser people due to a few fiddly organs.

And no, I have never been to 4chan, and no, I'm not going to go to 4chan in hopes of learning how to be a super-troll instead of a ragey feminist.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2010, 01:28:51 pm »

On the whole, I'd have to say that this little sliver of the internet is a good place already. Life Advice just...I don't know what leads it to have problems, but it seems that it does.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2010, 01:31:57 pm »

On the whole, I'd have to say that this little sliver of the internet is a good place already. Life Advice just...I don't know what leads it to have problems, but it seems that it does.

Yes.  I think it is already a pretty damned good place.  Life Advice makes me worry a little that we are only faking the "good place" part most of the time, or don't have occasion to out our bigotries, but... yes, other than that I certainly agree with you.

... Erm, I love you guys <3  I just get a bit pissed off sometimes.  Doesn't mean I hate you or think less of you.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2010, 01:39:30 pm »

Bigotry was never the thing I was trying to convey.

Anyway, I hate women. Not in the "Ima go gai, kk?" kind of way, but in the way that they piss me off to the utmost extreme.

What were you trying to convey here?
Shoes...

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2010, 01:49:46 pm »

"They piss me off to the utmost extreme."

Again, temporarily let my anger get a hold of me. It would have been a lot less confusing to write She pisses me off, not they.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 07, 2010, 02:19:20 pm »

Get pissed off, because this isn't right.
We can carve out this little sliver of the internet into a better place, where people don't have to feel that they're being portrayed as lesser people due to a few fiddly organs.

Of course it isn't.
I never said it was.

Toady is doing a great job, with keeping this forum clean of the more obvious trolls.
But it's never going to be perfect.
Take in consideration, that the greater part of the forum goers here is male.
Threads like the ones you mentioned will keep coming every once in a while, because people forget that there are still some women around here.

It's not like we all agree, to what the OPs in such threads tend to say, which is visible in many of the posts.

There's no reason for you to feal appealed by every angry rant, since you're a good person.
Remember that.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 07, 2010, 02:39:38 pm »

In terms of material goods, I try to keep the cost as balanced as possible. It's not like she's providing a service to you.

If someone were to say 'Why should I date you?', I'd probably respond with 'Why should I date you?' I've given, I've taken, but I'd prefer to do both.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2010, 03:15:27 pm »

Get pissed off, because this isn't right.  We can carve out this little sliver of the internet into a better place, where people don't have to feel that they're being portrayed as lesser people due to a few fiddly organs.
I don't know, finaly exterminating all men would solve a lot of problems and should've been done once they invented IVF.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2010, 03:20:49 pm »

Replace "women" with "blacks" in OP and nobody would be defending anything.

it ain't right, why would one be more acceptable than the other.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 03:24:06 pm by Argembarger »
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23