Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

Author Topic: These Women Screwed Me Over  (Read 28330 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: This Women Screwed Me Over
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2010, 08:20:46 pm »

Anyway, I hate women. Not in the "Ima go gai, kk?" kind of way, but in the way that they piss me off to the utmost extreme.

... I'm sorry that women have invoked your ire, but this is kind of inappropriate, don't you think?

I'd take her out on dates to movies and to the fair and stuff, I'd buy her roses and chocolates, hell, once I just gave her a few hundred dollars cash because of how great I thought she was (Big mistake, if you're wondering, it was gone by the next day.).

Don't do this.  It makes you look totally desperate for affection and like you're trying to buy her love, so that she can walk all over you and doesn't need to do anything to earn your devotion.  Plus, if you have to do this to keep her around, then she isn't worth it. 

I was peeping at her facebook to see one of my friend's comments that I oddly couldn't reach through my profile. I got a little curious and checked her private messages, and that's when I saw that she had been telling some other guy that she loved him.

Don't do this, either.  People need space and privacy.  If you wouldn't like her to do it to you, then don't do it to her.  When you get a woman who isn't just in it for the objects you can give her, this sort of behavior would probably drive her to dump you.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2010, 08:29:36 pm »

I'd take her out on dates to movies and to the fair and stuff, I'd buy her roses and chocolates, hell, once I just gave her a few hundred dollars cash because of how great I thought she was (Big mistake, if you're wondering, it was gone by the next day.).

Don't do this.  It makes you look totally desperate for affection and like you're trying to buy her love, so that she can walk all over you and doesn't need to do anything to earn your devotion.  Plus, if you have to do this to keep her around, then she isn't worth it.

I agree. There are good and bad times to show random acts of kindness (especially material kindness), and this doesn't sound like it was one of the good ones.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2010, 09:31:32 pm »

ahhh uhh, I'm sorry.

I really didn't read carefully.

I thought he was asking if a girl was cheating on him, or in love with him.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2010, 09:40:21 pm »

hell, once I just gave her a few hundred dollars cash because of how great I thought she was (Big mistake, if you're wondering, it was gone by the next day.).

You gave a person a load of money and expected it not to be frittered away immediately on whatever they happen to like?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 09:53:19 pm by Captain Mayday »
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2010, 09:41:31 pm »

You gave a woman a load of money and expected it not to be frittered away immediately on whatever she happens to like?

Can we please try to lower the sexism around here?  It's making me a bit nervous.  Thanks.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2010, 09:45:33 pm »

Honestly, it sounds like you're far too giving for most people to avoid the temptation of taking advantage of you. I'd suggest (and this is going to sound counter-intuitive) either focus on being more miserly (do not overdo it) or to just stop looking for romance.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2010, 09:46:34 pm »

You gave a person a load of money and expected it not to be frittered away immediately on whatever they happen to like?

Can we please try to lower the sexism around here?  It's making me a bit nervous.  Thanks.

Fixed.

Seriously though, he gave her the money. She can spend it as fast as she wants, on whatever she wants. Complaining that she did so is just silly.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2010, 09:50:55 pm »

Seriously though, he gave her the money. She can spend it as fast as she wants, on whatever she wants. Complaining that she did so is just silly.

No, you're completely right.  I'm not entirely sure what he expected her to do with it, or why he thought giving someone a big chunk of change was an appropriate expression of his affections... but ah, well.  That's how it goes.

Also, thanks for fixing that.  Much appreciated =)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2010, 09:54:50 pm »

Anyway, I hate women. [...] I'm not trying to point fingers or anything, in fact, I want to know what I'm doing wrong.

Hating women is definitely one of the things you're doing wrong.  "This women" is another.

So you were cheated on and now you hate all women everywhere because one girl happened to not be satisfied with a monogamous relationship?

If she wasn't "satisfied with a monogamous relationship", she should have broken up with him and then gone off to be "happy" in whatever disgraceful state she preferred. I'm stunned you'd defend someone who betrayed and lied to Rex, and then paint Rex as irrational for not just accepting this as perfectly ordinary behavior.

Did you read what you quoted?

Yep, yep and yep.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2010, 10:19:40 pm »

I did Footkerchief, and it seemed like a mean-spirited thing to say to someone confiding an injury to us.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2010, 10:20:58 pm »

I did Footkerchief, and it seemed like a mean-spirited thing to say to someone confiding an injury to us.

Seems mean-spirited to say that he hates all women, too.  The fact that an injury has been done to him does not give him the right to levy an injury against others.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2010, 10:24:18 pm »

Seems mean-spirited to say that he hates all women, too.  The fact that an injury has been done to him does not give him the right to levy an injury against others.
I doubt it's anything more than a claim made out of bitterness, while he was actualy hurt by someone. I've said to people before that women were evil after having a woman do somthing unpleasent to me, but I certainly didn't mean it literally, I was just really frigging angry and wanted to vent said anger.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2010, 10:27:38 pm »

Yeah, when my female friends get angry over what a male friend does to them, they immediately condemn the entire male race as low and unworthy of companionship.

But they don't actually mean it, right? ;)
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2010, 10:34:51 pm »

Dude, you dont give money to them women, else theyll all get out the kitchen and try to steal our jobs!

More seriously, if you are to give a person you like something , id suggest other thing than chocolate or flower. It's much better to give them something that fit with their likes, and something that will stay with them. Giving her money will mostly result in stupid spending for spending sake, and it will be forgotten pretty quickly. You girl like flowers ? Give her a botany book, or tickets for a special garden or something similar. Monetary value =/= personnal value, it will always last longer if its aimed at someone interest and show you care.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2010, 10:36:40 pm »

I doubt it's anything more than a claim made out of bitterness, while he was actualy hurt by someone. I've said to people before that women were evil after having a woman do somthing unpleasent to me, but I certainly didn't mean it literally, I was just really frigging angry and wanted to vent said anger.

And to be entirely honest, I am very, very tired of people thinking it's somehow acceptable to lump women into a giant whole of flaky, stupid, whorish, psychotic wretches, even though you're slightly angry.  Sure, you're angry at one woman.  It just seems a bit... sad.  I see comments like this and it's a bit of the slap in the face, you know?  Does he trust B12 with his hateful language because there's very little probability of a woman coming by to tell him to cut it out... or what?  Does it make him a bigger person, the more people he can condemn for the hurt levied on him by one individual?

Are you seriously trying to defend this blanket statement?

Yeah, when my female friends get angry over what a male friend does to them, they immediately condemn the entire male race as low and unworthy of companionship.

Then I'd say that they, too, are wrong.  I don't care who does it, or why.  It's inappropriate behavior from anyone.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23