Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Appearance Editing  (Read 1247 times)

RayesKotrora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Appearance Editing
« on: November 06, 2010, 02:52:25 pm »

I am just wondering of ways on how to change your appearance, or at least the parameters of what your character can look like. Specifically, at the very least hair colour. Before .13 came out, it seemed as if every time I made an elf, their hair was moss green (which I liked), but now (I'm not saying it's something to do with the version, just that I was luckier back then) 90% of the time it's either pumpkin or red (which I thoroughly dislike). I've tended to ignore it, but I'd prefer to have an image of a character that I liked. I went into creature_standard and removed all of the colour possibilities that weren't moss green, white, or silver, just to test it out, but it didn't seem to do anything.

Anyway, if any of you know how to edit appearance parameters, so I could make something like a desert elf, or a frost elf, or a human that lives in the desert that doesn't have blonde hair and peach skin, etc., that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Och skänk henne dessa vinflaskor in bed henne dricka all sorg ur sitt sinn.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Appearance Editing
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 03:10:34 pm »

You can't edit the appearance of individuals (some of the memory editing-based tools out there might be able to do it, but I can't recall any that can), but you can edit the appearance modifiers of an entire creature.

Open creature_standard.txt in raw\objects, find the entry you want to edit, and look for the appropriate TL_COLOR_MODIFIER lines. Example:

Quote from: creature_standard.txt
[CREATURE:ELF]
    [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:GOLDEN_YELLOW:1:GOLDENROD:1:MOSS_GREEN:1:ORANGE:1:PUMPKIN:1:RED:1:SAFFRON:1:SCARLET:1:SILVER:1:WHITE:1]
                [TLCM_NOUN:hair:SINGULAR]

Each colour ID specified is a colour from descriptor_color_standard.txt (you can add your own colours by editing said file, as well, if it comes to that) and the number thereafter is the relative weighting towards that colour being chosen (RED:1:BLUE:1 are equally likely, as are RED:50:BLUE:50).

RayesKotrora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 08:58:20 pm »

Thanks for the reply, but I am now also wondering how you make a new race playable. I can't seem to find any specific tags if there are any, or if you need to set the data in a different file, I am not aware of where it is.

Och skänk henne dessa vinflaskor in bed henne dricka all sorg ur sitt sinn.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 09:05:58 pm »

You mean make a new creature? Or make one playable?
To make an existing one playable, go to Entity_default , find the one you want, and add a INDIV_CONTROLLABLE tag beneath it's name. Or CIV_CONTROLLABLE, to use it in fort mode. I think...
Well, I hope I got that right. :) Oh, and if you edit it in the main raw folder, you'll have to generate a new world for it to take effect, or you can edit the raws IN the region save folder.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 09:15:53 pm »

Wait, what about ADVENTURE_TIER:X is that not important?

Also, now I know about how colour works, i'ma going to make white kobolds. Or pehaps black ones.
Everybody!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 09:17:01 pm »

Oh... Actually maybe that is important. I couldn't work it out... I'll do some tests later.
In the meantime: There's stuff about that in the wiki. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 09:18:35 pm »

Well, if the race exists, put ADVENTURE_TIER:X where X is one higher than the current highest adventure tier. Oh, and you need to gen a new world for effects to take place.
Everybody!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 09:28:06 pm »

D'oh, tested it, and I think you do need to change the tier... Just putting one of those CONTROLLABLE tags means your <insert weird race here> adventurer can only choose 'play now', and start in a random location. D:

EDIT: Well, I can't get it to work. I have Cyclops civilizations, I just can't get my adventurer to start as a member of one, only play now. How can I fix this? Although I'm playing on .16 anyway, and adventure mode supposedly doesn't work too well.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 09:34:36 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2010, 09:43:19 pm »

Also, now I know about how colour works, i'ma going to make white kobolds. Or pehaps black ones.
Dibs on cowprint 'Bolds!
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2010, 09:59:01 pm »

Rats. They'd be just like a Sanguini!
Everybody!