Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Making firearms - a few questions.  (Read 1521 times)

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
Re: Making firearms - a few questions.
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2010, 06:06:00 pm »

The only reason I haven't yet modded crossbows to require a metal mechanism and some thread is because reactions can't have quality modifiers yet, but fair enough. And now you mention it, stone bullets aren't a bad idea; stone cannon-shot isn't unheard of.

Any road up, I'll try and have something knocked together by Monday.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

dbay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2010, 11:29:00 pm »

You can't put custom reactions in the blacksmith. Only a few buildings can do that - I think its the kiln, tanners and kitchen. Or, obviously your own homebrew buildings. Also, I'm pretty sure reload time is hardcoded or based on the size of something or other... I have an idea. Maybe edit the velocity of the ammo, not the gun? I need to test this.

Also: gun and shield is too cool. With armour and stuff, you might wind up looking like these guys: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Pappenheim_Curassiers.PNG
and thats awesome. All we'd need are plumed helmets.

EDIT: No, it doesnt look like changing the velocity or size alters firing rate at all. shame, that

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2010, 12:49:22 am »

Reactions can have a quality modifier now, it uses the skill specified in the reaction. Of course the end product will have to be something that can have quality, so no silly things like *dog tallow*.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2010, 05:59:30 am »

You can't put custom reactions in the blacksmith. Only a few buildings can do that - I think its the kiln, tanners and kitchen. Or, obviously your own homebrew buildings.
Well that's a damn great spanner in the works; I can't get Workshop Painter to work and just looking at the custom workshop raw makes my head hurt.
Reactions can have a quality modifier now, it uses the skill specified in the reaction. Of course the end product will have to be something that can have quality, so no silly things like *dog tallow*.
I hadn't heard about that.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!
Pages: 1 [2]