Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Why Plump Helmets?  (Read 20218 times)

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Why Plump Helmets?
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2011, 10:49:14 am »

For the penis jokes, mostly.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2011, 10:52:53 am »

???

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2011, 11:28:53 am »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:21:48 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2011, 11:39:49 am »

"Plump Helmet" Heh heh heh...swollen and purple...heh heh heh...grows quickly...Actually, they are shockingly good for innuendo  :o Now I will never look at them in the same way again.
And remember, unlike plump helmet wine, you can never have too many plump helmet dick jokes.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2011, 02:16:48 pm »

I use 2 10x10 fields for PH's then for the rest, I grow QB's, CW and SP's.
then 2 other 10x10 fields are used for PT's and DC's

too many acronyms...
I usually have six 3x3 fields, with only three in use at any one time.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2011, 02:45:48 pm »

Grower training.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2011, 03:52:06 pm »

forts drowning in booze
I can't wait until this is literal. One legendary brewer and one still set to brew drink/R...

On topic, I like plump helmets because they are useful for everything and they grow fast.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gyvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2011, 04:47:26 pm »

Probably because you don't have to spend much time focusing on them. Just order them farmed, occasionally cooked, and you never need worry about food shortages really. It's convenient.

You don't cook them.  That prevents you from getting the spawn back.

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2011, 06:26:17 pm »

Do you reckon a fort could survive (and do well) with only plump helmets being specifically farmed? I tend to just grow them and get all my other booze from herbalism. Other food comes from either alcohol roasts or butchery. But then again I've never lasted long enough to have a booze shortage or variety tantrum.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2011, 07:56:59 pm »

I grow it, but only so that dwarves who like it and its brew can get it.  Variety is key to happiness as they actively find their favorite drink.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Cable

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_OPEN_DOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2011, 09:11:01 pm »

As long as they get a different kind of alcohol now and then, who cares what my little slaves guys drink?
Just give them a communal legendary dining room and they'll be right.
It's possible that I understand better what's going on, or it's equally possible that I just think I do.

— Russ Cox

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2011, 04:28:23 pm »

Mostly, I harvest above ground plants or trade for them with the Elves or Humans, and farm them. In my farmers' basements, I order pig tails to grow in autumn and plump helmets in the winter. They grow quite quickly, which is good if you're running short on food and/or booze. Pigtails can also be spun into pigtail cloth.

grank6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2011, 08:49:38 pm »

why plump helments becasue they made plumphelmentpunk (bonus dwarf points if you know the reference)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2011, 11:12:16 pm »

I have 2 4x4 plots, one set to plump helmets, one sent to other stuff I want to plant.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2011, 12:23:41 am »

Probably because you don't have to spend much time focusing on them. Just order them farmed, occasionally cooked, and you never need worry about food shortages really. It's convenient.

You don't cook them.  That prevents you from getting the spawn back.

Yeah, but it's not like you need the maximum 200 spawn all the time. If you're getting five helmets to a stack minimum, you only need to brew 20% of them to break even on spawn. And if you can depend on sitting at or near 200 spawn, you're not getting the excess back from brewing, either, since if you have 200, no more will appear. Basically there's no reason not to cook your plump helmets, provided you have enough spawn for the next season.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6