Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cleaning Above Ground?  (Read 327 times)

Herbiie

• Bay Watcher
  • Loyal Unto Death
    • View Profile
Cleaning Above Ground?
« on: November 06, 2010, 06:34:47 am »

Hey All,

i'm building an above ground fortress, but my dorfs refuse to clean up any blood or animal remains above ground, even in the inside bits, there's even a warthog corpse there. Anyway of changing this without cheating & using DFclean?
The once dark-grey walls are now the dark brown of stained blood. At either side of the path leading to the great granite gates is covered with the corpses and skeletons of Goblin invaders.
Some are still fresh. One is still moving.
As you approach the gate a nervous guard looses a bolt in your direction. Silence... Slowly, gradually, the huge doors screech open. Inside there is a courtyard, the floor wet with blood. Welcome to the front-line. Welcome; to Cloisteredwood.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning Above Ground?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 06:53:22 am »

Yeah, get biblical.  You can wash your map off with water.  This will push it into murky pools unless you roof over them first, if you have a moving water (river/stream) you could flush it in there and off the map.  Maybe brook if you channelled a hole.

Be aware that the blood will still stick to the walls of the river, blood stuck in walls just never seems to come out but cant be spread

Also, not moving the corpse is weird.  check orders to see if your dwarves are set to gather refuse from outside and make sure they arnt in a burrow.  Being an above ground fort you are gonna have to get good with burrows if you want them to gather refuse from your areas without also sweeping the rest of the map
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 06:56:01 am by celem »
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

GJScarritt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 12:53:03 pm »

Rain should also wash away any blood that is outside (and has no roof over it).

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 04:53:06 pm »

As for the corpse, if you |o|rder |r|efuse to be gathered from |o|utside, your dwarves will move that into a refuse pile. This is how using your army to hunt works-- the kills will be brought back to the refuse pile, and your butcher can grab 'em from there.