Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Negative Value Artifact - good or bad? Record?  (Read 12660 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Negative Value Artifact - good or bad? Record?
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2010, 12:59:26 pm »

Apparently. You ninja'd my update though; Giving the material a value made everything normal. Yet manipulate-able.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kiktamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2010, 02:04:31 pm »

I see so without a given value the barrel is a self contained economy of sorts.....you've created a miniature !!universe!!

Ten_Tacles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2010, 02:08:52 pm »

I see so without a given value the barrel is a self contained economy of sorts.....you've created a miniature !!universe!!
A universe?
With dwarves in it?
Wouldn't the dwarves instantly go insane once the universe reaches negative value?

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2010, 02:11:55 pm »

A universe?
With dwarves in it?
Wouldn't the dwarves instantly go insane once the universe reaches negative value?

And return to sanity (those who survive, anyway) once it is positive again.
It seems that you have created the MtG Lorwyn/Shadowmoor world in DF.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2010, 02:16:01 pm »

Which is even more reason to remove the values again when the fort is ready. It's the same fort as is being used for the community adventure dungeon in my sig, by the way. As soon as spring arrives I'll upload this save instead.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 02:18:55 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2010, 02:23:47 pm »

Wow.  Minus 1.3 billion.  That puts your fortress about the same as the US economy at the moment.  Just think - what would Obama do?
Nothing. Or rather, throw away several hundreds times that value trying to make it seem like he's trying to fix it. ::)

Obama has been quite possibly the worst president America has ever had by a huge shot. We owe several TRILLION dollars, thanks to him.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2010, 02:30:50 pm »

Wow.  Minus 1.3 billion.  That puts your fortress about the same as the US economy at the moment.  Just think - what would Obama do?
Nothing. Or rather, throw away several hundreds times that value trying to make it seem like he's trying to fix it. ::)

Obama has been quite possibly the worst president America has ever had by a huge shot. We owe several TRILLION dollars, thanks to him.
I can think of several others who were pretty damn awful in their own right, actually, but maybe it would be for the best if we left out politics from this thread...
Back on topic, I wish you could catapult it on some goblins. After setting it on fire. Just to see what happens with something so unstable.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2010, 02:41:48 pm »

Back on topic, I wish you could catapult it on some goblins. After setting it on fire. Just to see what happens with something so unstable.

Ever played Crush the Castle 2? It will probably be just like the Void Bomb from there.

Can't provide the image as of now, as the game won't load, so will explain: upon impact it produces a vortex that quantumsmashes everything together in one spot and then launches it all in all directions at ludicrous speed.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 02:55:08 pm by NewSheoth »
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Ipwnurmom221

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2010, 02:56:02 pm »

Ever played Crush the Castle 2? It will probably be just like the Void Bomb from there.

Can't provide the image as of now, as the game won't load, so will explain: upon impact it produces a vortex that quantumsmashes everything together in one spot and then launches it all in all directions at ludicrous speed.

Multiply that by 23, and that'll be the force of your !!magic missle barrel!!'s explosion.
"I haven't seen my parents in nearly a year, I can't move a foot in any direction, I spend all my days being attacked by animals, and I've been forced to drink sheep puke- wow that's a nice floor grate!"

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2010, 02:59:42 pm »

Multiply that by 23, and that'll be the force of your !!magic missle barrel!!'s explosion.

And I want it, but multiplied by 42, as my default catapult ammo. Okay, secondary catapult ammo, after, as the name implies, cats.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 03:02:24 pm by NewSheoth »

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2010, 03:01:07 pm »

A universe?
With dwarves in it?

And return to sanity (those who survive, anyway) once it is positive again.
It seems that you have created the MtG Lorwyn/Shadowmoor world in DF.

That would imply that there are !!faeries!! in there.

WASITTAFEYMOODTHATMADETHISTHINGOHGOD
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2010, 03:06:05 pm »

Yeh it was a fey mood. If it were an animal trap I would try to catch a fairy and put it in there :P
Maybe some of the merchants sell fairies or fairy bits on occasion.
I make Spellcrafts!

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2010, 03:08:07 pm »

At first, I thought you modded in missile launchers. Then I realized that that's the material.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2010, 03:10:09 pm »

Yeh it was a fey mood. If it were an animal trap I would try to catch a fairy and put it in there :P

Mmm, prepared fairy pancreas.

Ipwnurmom221

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2010, 04:29:29 pm »

Mmm, prepared fairy pancreas.

Restores 8 hearts. Revives a dwarf upon death.
"I haven't seen my parents in nearly a year, I can't move a foot in any direction, I spend all my days being attacked by animals, and I've been forced to drink sheep puke- wow that's a nice floor grate!"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4