Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Multiverse Fortress (Week 1)  (Read 13753 times)

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Multiverse Fortress
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2010, 01:03:35 am »

You should be named......Grawdriyng!

Question: is spellcraft too general? for my book skill that is or do you want conjuration/necromancy/enchantment?

and my class is Planeswalker although i can change it if its too general like, enchanter, conjurer, sorcerer or whatever i dont even know what it influences

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2010, 01:05:06 am »

Don't worry I won't eat you. ....Maybe, I'll most likely just eat enemy souls, and children who annoy me.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2010, 01:13:04 am »

You should be named......Grawdriyng!

Question: is spellcraft too general? for my book skill that is or do you want conjuration/necromancy/enchantment?

and my class is Planeswalker although i can change it if its too general like, enchanter, conjurer, sorcerer or whatever i dont even know what it influences
An elf's name should be something elegant and easy to mispronounce, so they can get miffed at you for it. Something like Ithlirliel.

Depends on what Spellcraft does. If you mean identifying spells as they're being cast, that could work. I'm not sure how often it'd get used though. Generally it should be a fairly basic item, so applying a bonus to an entire school of magic would be too much. It should basically give you a bonus to something you can (in theory) already do, in which case it should be pretty limited, or enable something you couldn't otherwise do, in which case it depends on how powerful the intended effect is.

I basically need to know what type of magic you use, and how much you use it. To a lesser extent I also need to figure out how your magic works. Your class influences your starting abilities, so there's no clearly defined effect for it; it'll probably make you better at something, but it's possible I'll ignore it entirely and just give you minotaur and lich abilities.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2010, 01:23:59 am »

Minotaur lich sounds like red/black to me. So, death, undeath, fire, and ferocity with a focus on magically acquiring minions by various means. Would something like a bonus to directly snuffing out life-force be appropriate scale for my Hastur's tool?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2010, 01:27:59 am »

Ok ill be an enchanter that does enchanty stuff with a book on animating the dead, which is just enchantment of a corpse eh? Feel free to give me mostly minotaur and lich abilities because i am just starting out in magic.

and i'd like my magic 2 work by using a vaguely relevant item to power a spell. Such as combinging a sword and a demons horn to make a flaming sword or a onyx and a corpse to make a zombie or an owl and a bear to make ... AND OWLBEAR. or consuming a voodoo doll i made to agonize a target. My other ability i'd llike to be suited to my combat style of charging a single opponent and tackling/horning/shield ramming or shoving a guy over and then ground and pounding.

PS im open to ideas thou, RAMS idea sounds good too, i love me some minions, i want to make a pit trap with skeletal groundhogs at the bottom :)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 01:29:33 am by Hastur »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2010, 01:30:51 am »

Code: [Select]
[1]Selcos Wung Gestiome
[1]Grawdriyng!
[1]Ithlirliel
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2010, 01:31:27 am »

Ithy is a very good name for a elf

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2010, 01:49:12 am »

Alright, updated OP with Shogun. He came out more death priest than caster, but I'd like to hear what you think.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2010, 02:35:10 am »

Meh hes alright, Nobody else got any good abilities either except maybe double dwarven digging so i cant complain. Ill have to wait and see if +1 armor makes a difference or if the undead book is a worth using. Does this mean i dont have any spells i can cast or enchantments i can place?
Can i have my fur still covering me? I really like not having to be dwarves though, i have so many ideas of what i could play as. and they are all equally ridiculous/awsome.
what im afraid of is that nobody feels particularly distinct or more awesome than say a generic peasant with a pitchfork, but i havent played yet so its just a feeling, are people stats different but just hidden or something?

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2010, 04:32:06 am »

Name: Gar'gat
Appearance: A big ork(how do you describe an ork?)
Race:Ork (wh40k)
Class: Mekboy
Tool:PAWARTOOLS
Equipment: rations
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2010, 08:51:21 am »

double dwarven digging

Someone mentioned me! My dwarf is a DF miner. Likes big magma traps and megaprojects, etc ect.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2010, 11:54:08 am »

Bump. Where are we building our fortress?
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2010, 12:05:50 pm »

My belt is my tool. I WILL get my assassin who can't lie.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2010, 12:18:21 pm »

...How do I overlook these things?

Name : Alexander BLOCKman!
Appearance : Slight tan, short, blakc hair, tattered blue shirt, tattered blue jeans.
Race : ...What are the main characters in Minecraft called?
Class : Miner
Tool : Pick
Equipment : Rations, a watch and compass.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2010, 06:18:04 pm »

Meh hes alright, Nobody else got any good abilities either except maybe double dwarven digging so i cant complain. Ill have to wait and see if +1 armor makes a difference or if the undead book is a worth using. Does this mean i dont have any spells i can cast or enchantments i can place?
Can i have my fur still covering me? I really like not having to be dwarves though, i have so many ideas of what i could play as. and they are all equally ridiculous/awsome.
what im afraid of is that nobody feels particularly distinct or more awesome than say a generic peasant with a pitchfork, but i havent played yet so its just a feeling, are people stats different but just hidden or something?
Yeah, it's hard to figure out how good +1 armor is when you don't know how combat works. It's hard to explain and still somewhat in flux, but it should be fairly significant.

You do not know any spells at all. You'll have to figure them out on your own, and since you don't have any magic skill either, it'll be very, very difficult to cast anything worthwhile at first.

You may retain fur covering you. Since you're undead, it'll probably be a bit ragged or patchy in places, but otherwise there's nothing wrong with it.

My belt is my tool. I WILL get my assassin who can't lie.
Sigh, fine... I'm having trouble coming up with him, but I'm working on it.

Bump. Where are we building our fortress?
This is a very good question, and I completely forgot about it. My bad.

Since most of you are all the way finished, you get to discuss that. Options include any DF settings (mirthful warm plains, savage freezing swamp, etc.), plus any relatively unique terrain from any of your settings (Morrowind Ashlands, etc). Combinations (mirthful mountains overlooking savage swamp with a river) are available, but excessively precise or favorable (or safe) conditions may be vetoed.

Also note that you're not limited to where you start- if you decide you want to wander off into the swamps on your own or abandon your desert fortress for someplace with water, you can. You might get eaten by ravenous monsters or die of thirst on the way, but it's an option.

Name: Gar'gat
Appearance: A big ork(how do you describe an ork?)
Race:Ork (wh40k)
Class: Mekboy
Tool:PAWARTOOLS
Equipment: rations
...How do I overlook these things?

Name : Alexander BLOCKman!
Appearance : Slight tan, short, blakc hair, tattered blue shirt, tattered blue jeans.
Race : ...What are the main characters in Minecraft called?
Class : Miner
Tool : Pick
Equipment : Rations, a watch and compass.
I think I'll let both of you in and start with 8. Characters under development, begin discussing your preferred embark location.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11