Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Empire Reborn (Game Thread)  (Read 4418 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Empire Reborn (Game Thread)
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2010, 01:09:55 pm »

"Well.. "Nate"...show us the color of the money, first. We're no charter cruise-not even that...Silence costs extra."

Siles looks mildly amused.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2010, 01:35:40 pm »

Nate looks around, to make sure that nobody is listening in.

"What If I told you that I have rough idea of where the warp-hub is?" he whispers, leaning forward slightly, "Would that be incentive enough? If not, I could always talk to some of my contacts in the Saturnian colonies. They could get you things that you couldn't even dream of. Titanian microbes, even. Think about it. It'd normally take you nearly a year to get a licencse to set foot on Titan, let alone take some of the local lifeforms. Please give me a lift? I've got a bunch of Ferals* on my tail, no pun intended, and I've got to lay low for a while. Like a couple years. Or decades."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2010, 02:34:40 pm »

((Siles pauses to think. Anyone else is free to chime in now!))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2010, 02:38:10 pm »

*whispering to the rest: his story sounds fishy, but we can't afford to have this information fall in someone else's hands. If he's lying he we can always add him to the local asteroids.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2010, 02:50:21 pm »

*whispering to the rest: his story sounds fishy, but we can't afford to have this information fall in someone else's hands. If he's lying he we can always add him to the local asteroids.

*also whispering!: Well, lets ask him to provide some evidence of his "contacts". A little honey to sweeten the deal? I know some people on Saturn too, you know.

Well, Nate-give us some names. i'll call someone I know, who can call someone YOU know, and we can get business done. Deal?

Action: Aftering getting some information, Siles leaves to check his source on Saturn-a retired mechanic/arms smuggler by the name of Lomax Ric

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2010, 03:01:05 pm »

((@Dwarmin: On Saturn? Really ??? ? I thought you would've known better. Although that could work if you're think of floating cities))

As Siles leaves, a small group of large, wild-looking Katthara come bounding through the crowd, heading straight for Nate. He responds by cowering behind the group.

"I'm too young to die! Save me!"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2010, 03:07:29 pm »

((@Dwarmin: On Saturn? Really ??? ? I thought you would've known better. Although that could work if you're think of floating cities))

((My character is not that literal-he meant AROUND saturn-There's got to be lots of moons and or floating cities, and If you know someone living around there, you would just say "on Saturn". ;) ))

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2010, 07:16:43 am »

Naseer stepped in front of the man, shielding him from the Katthara with his bulk. He didn't like the man, but apparently they needed him.

' No-one's going to die while I'm here. What seems to be the problem?' he addresses the Katthara, in the most calming tone he can manage. ' I'm sure we can work out an adequate... punishment, for whatever he has done.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2010, 11:05:10 am »

The lead Katthara pulls a jagged, crudely made knife out of a pocket in its ragged, poorly fitting clothes, and lunges at Naseer, snarling.

((Reasoning with these guys is gonna be hard. Once they're after someone, they're likely to kill anything that gets in their way.))
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 11:25:09 am by Vorthon »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2010, 12:55:14 pm »

((Whoa, it lives!))

Danni is shocked at first, shrinking to the back of the group along with Nate.  But she can't be useless right now, not if this guy is legit!  She closes her eyes for calm, grabs him by the arm and says "Come on, are you just waiting around to get killed?"  Then she yanks him behind her and takes off running, hoping to lose the pair of them among the spaceport crowds.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2010, 01:37:31 pm »

As danni and Nate take off through the crowd, the Ferals give chase, cutting a path of carnage and destruction through the throng of people. People start panicking and running away from the source of the chaos, hiding in any nook or cranny they can fit into.

((Heh... getting a little out of hand, isn't it? Also, I probably won't have access to the internet this weekend. {[sarcasm]Yay for being lower middle class![/sarcasm]} So I won't be able to GM.))

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2010, 04:41:27 pm »

Seeing that their escape would not be that easy, Danni changes course and heads for the passenger lines.  Maybe the security at the customs checkpoint would slow these guys down a bit.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2010, 10:31:04 am »

' Bloody Katthara.'

Naseer pulled himself up, brushing the dust off his clothes. Danni and the man had already fled, though with the trail of bodies created by the pursuing Katthara, they'd be very easy to follow.

He activated his commbead, quickly shuffling through to Danni's frequency.

' Where are you? Did you lose them?'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2010, 11:44:50 am »

*tic tic tic*

-Yeah, it's me. Put me through to Lomax. Lomax RIC. Yes. I'll wait.

-Well, siles, It's nice of you to call. What was that you said to me last time we met? "Time to cut bait and run"? And then you left me in the hands of those grubby Squat pirates.

-Hey, you got out didn't you? What was the sense in them getting *both* of us?

-Yeah..yeah...lots of sense... *indistinct muttering*

-Listen, I'm sending you some info on this guy-he looks like trouble, but he says hes got connections-he's paying for a ride. Can you help me out here? I promise to share.

-I've heard of this guy. Word is someone wants him on a silver platter, paying big bucks too. I'm been tempted to run him in myself.
Well, Hit ya back in 10 when I got more... Lomax out.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2010, 05:59:40 pm »

Damn ferrals indeed. Think they're after him for what he knows? Anyway we got to find Dani. It's going to be hard getting solid data without here, if you know what I mean.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 06:02:41 pm by Virex »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5