Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do i keep civilians in armor ?  (Read 765 times)

grim3134

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
How do i keep civilians in armor ?
« on: November 04, 2010, 09:47:50 pm »

I trained some civilians in a unit and gave them armor to help protect them.  I want them to do their civilian jobs but if I put the squad to inactive alot of them remove their equipment or most of it.  If I put the squad to active duty training most of them can't do their civilian jobs.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do i keep civilians in armor ?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 09:53:33 pm »

Try going into your (m)ilitary-(s)chedules screen. Just below the actual month-by-month schedule, on the right side there should be a line that says "Inactive = Civ Clothes" which, if toggled with (u), should swap to "Inactive = Uniformed." Then, when inactive, that squad should wear the uniforms you have assigned to them.

If it's already set to Inactive = Uniformed, something else is wrong, but that's probably what's at issue here.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 10:00:13 pm »

Apparently, miners, woodcutters and hunters will not wear uniforms, probably because they can't hold their job tool along with their uniform weapon.  I hadn't tried assigning a uniform that has no weapon though.

grim3134

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 10:37:06 pm »

Ok, thanks. I have to keep a close eye on the miners and wood cutters i guess