Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: How to vent anger before you kill somebody?  (Read 3567 times)

Wardo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to vent anger before you kill somebody?
« on: November 04, 2010, 05:02:12 pm »

Greetings,

Here's my story: I brought home with me a very special ☼baseball bat☼. It was a headache to find it, package it safely for transport, and lucky the airport atom smashing crew didn't destroy it.

At home, Urist McClueless pointed correctly at the perfect spot to hang the bat at, and we discussed how to get it done. I explained we simply needed two screw hangers of any kind to hang it by the knob or base and that's it. McClueless then went to the hardware store to acquire said hangers while I ran off to other errands.

When I returned McClueless told me the job was done. Wow, already? Cool, I guess. So I go check it out and - shock, horror! - find my precious being clasped by some weird clamp thing at the beginning of the barrel. Not only is it a butt ugly way of doing it, but as I loose the very tight and large clamp thing to remove the bat I discover it has carved a dent all around the bat, ruining ink, shape and most of all: my sanity.

At this moment I am completely possessed by rage, as if someone had butchered my cat, and would like to finish ruining said bat, now worthless, in McClueless' head. Is there any other way of overcoming this insanity without hurting people over inanimate objects?

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
Re: How to vent anger before you kill somebody?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 05:05:37 pm »

Meditate. Let inner peace fill your body.

::)

Just kidding, ofc. Punch something. Go into the woods with an axe, oil, alcohol and a lighter. Have fun. Scream and hit and burn some trees down. Get drunk. Rage some more.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 05:58:13 pm »

Take a walk, get away from Urist McClueless, or maybe play a game to vent that anger.  Then corner Urist McClueless and explain how his cluelessness made you mad, in hopes that he may change.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 07:05:20 pm »

Take an axe, go into the forest, find a deadstand trunk, and work it out.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 07:23:19 pm »

Take an axe, go into the forest, find a deadstand trunk, and work it out.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Nilik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 09:43:37 pm »

Well, you already have a baseball bat, right?

In seriousness, get some excersize. Its hard to be pissed when you're exhausted.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 10:57:50 pm »

Remember young Wardo. Anger, fear, aggression... the dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 11:52:51 pm »

Screaming and hitting things will just train yourself to react worse with anger.

When you wake up in the morning, consider comedy.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 12:32:58 am »

I used to have a really hard time controlling my anger.  Then I started laughing at all of life's absurdities, including my own misfortunes.  Whether something made me angry, sad or bitter, I'll just laugh at how crazy life is.  It took a few years to really develop the habit, but now I have a lot easier time controlling my anger.  I've always found irony and sarcasm to be funny, but when I started appreciating them in the daily grind, life became a lot more bearable.

Important caveat: do not laugh at other people's sufferings unless you want to piss them off.  Only laugh at your own suffering.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 01:48:24 am »

When observing two people making complete asses of themselves, you are allowed to smile, grin, and simper. It's much more fun than trying to correct them. If it's not too heated, you can ask probing questions that continue to make them sound silly, so long as they are stealth ones and not blatant.

Do this to yourself too, granted you don't try the latter.
(I'm not sure how you continue to make yourself look stupid by asking yourself things that secretly undermine you without you letting yourself catch on that you're secretly doing it)
((I think it's time to sleep))
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 01:53:21 am »

Apply the same clamp to Urist McClueless's nutsack.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 03:09:45 am »

http://www.cracked.com/article/85_6-bullshit-facts-about-psychology-that-everyone-believes/

Number 6, the first one on the page, is what you should look at. Releasing anger by physically doing something to an object/person simply trains yourself to do it more often.

Personally, I've trained myself to be scathingly sarcastic at worst, but generally a happy-go-lucky asshole at best in terms of how I deal with my anger. This has the unfortunate side effect of people not always knowing whether I'm joking or not (and in some cases not taking me seriously) but that's just people in general; the ones I know best know when I'm actually pissed as opposed to simply being myself.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 04:18:27 am »

Baseball bat. Apply directly to the forehead.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 09:20:00 am »

Off Topic: Pillow_Killer, your comment is of Masterwork Quality.  Well done.

On Topic: Have you consitered venting your rage into violent games? Getting out all that rage on a game like Prototype can help consitering all the horrible ways you can hurt people to vent the frustraition.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 10:16:22 am »

http://www.cracked.com/article/85_6-bullshit-facts-about-psychology-that-everyone-believes/
Meh. I've been a cycle messenger for years, and it's not so long ago we had our total traffic breakdown. So people aren't as relaxed about... ummmm.... creative biking as they are in, lets say N.Y. for instance, because they are used to it already. (If you can't picture it, I suggest spending half an hour with youtube and the search term "Lucas Brunelle")

As a result of that I had a lot of... aggressive confrontations every day. Sooner or later it got to me and made me hella angry, too. Which I really really don't like. I'm pretty sure aggressions and hate do nothing but nurture ulcers in your intestines and bad vibes in every social contact.

A lot of times I didn't manage to cope and it made me either sick or unhappy, but the times I managed to not get sucked in/not being suffocated by anger I'm sure I "vented" somehow.

It wasn't beating something up, it wasnt shouting at people and it wasnt somehting like "Bret's Angry Dance", it's true, those things only make it worse.

But I talked about it (sometimes rather pissed off and quite loudly) and I accepted the anger. Something like that. It felt like venting, somehow. Sorry I can't be any clearer, but I never learned it completely. For me it can still be hard living in a big city with so many pissed off people, but I have to deal with it somehow.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4