Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My miner is being a jerk :(  (Read 738 times)

itisme

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy who is not the guy who is the guy.........
    • View Profile
My miner is being a jerk :(
« on: November 04, 2010, 04:33:48 pm »

Hello, I noticed one of my three miners is not currently mining, even though there is a lot of work to do. The nerve of it. On closer inspection, I find that he has NO PICK. Quickly responding to the situation I quewed up several picks, just for backup. Soon many were pumping out, but the dwarf still has not taken a pick. He is currently preforming all noble occupations and has a room, dining room, and study. Why is he not picking up his pick, and what can i do to repair it???
To steal from one is plagiarism, to steal from many is research.

Tcei

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear me! I am Bekat the Adorable Skull!
    • View Profile
Re: My miner is being a jerk :(
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 04:40:05 pm »

Just to check, does he have mining turned on in his labors screen? Is he on break or attending a party?  Are his hauling  labors turned on and is he hauling?  You mentioned he was a noble, is he updating stockpile records or viewing/managing work orders ( Or whatever its called when you assign jobs from the 'j'obs menu.)? Is he blocked from getting to a pick and/or the dig area somehow?

Thats about all I can think of that might cause issues..
....They just refuse to stay down unless butchered, in which case their skins will haunt you until you subdue and tan them. Never has legendary butcher and legendary tanner seemed so valueable as in this release.

itisme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 04:42:37 pm »

Thanks for that tip, I use dwarf therapist, and he was in the miner catagory, so I assumed he had mining on. I think I turned it off because he is the broker and the caravan had arrived.

HermitDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 05:47:36 pm »

Best to turn on/off Miner and Woodcutting duty manually. Use Therapist produces wonky results with those two because they have to pick up special gear.

itisme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 06:08:46 pm »

I did, btw, he is the broker, but he dousn't immediatly go to the depo when requested, i turn off mining, but that usually dousnt work.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 08:24:33 pm »

Usually a good idea to turn off hauling labors too if they're being stubborn. Trading at the depot can be finnicky.