Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: Determined Monster Defense  (Read 15111 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Determined Monster Defense
« Reply #210 on: November 14, 2010, 04:41:54 pm »

Who is the grey square surronded by zeds

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 14, 2010, 04:43:54 pm »

Who is the grey square surronded by zeds
Burnt Pies.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 14, 2010, 04:45:34 pm »

8,22?  That's Archangel, he has a shotgun and he's no longer grabbed.
*next* turn the zeds will learn how to bite out of the trench, so you all either kill 7,21 through 9,21, or he moves back a little.

Burnt Pies is the blue shotgun- here let me dig up the image...

Ok this has almost everyone.  Imagine Burnt Pies is blue, and add adwarf as magenta flamer, and lemon as dark blue flamer.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 04:49:12 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 14, 2010, 04:48:11 pm »

Oh ok it was just suprising that he was just in the middle of them

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 14, 2010, 04:50:28 pm »

Oh ok it was just suprising that he was just in the middle of them

You might be seeing the tower at 7,20.  Zeds ignore it, and it reveals hidden specials in its range.  It's green because there's a Zed standing on its square (it doesn't block anyone).
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 14, 2010, 05:00:10 pm »

i didnt even notice that lol

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 14, 2010, 05:20:24 pm »

Move: 5,26  4,25
Spang: 3,25
Move: 5,26  6,27  7,27
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

cheezy130

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 14, 2010, 06:07:31 pm »

I convert that wall to vertical bars and build another wall in front of me if I have enough AP

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 14, 2010, 07:06:45 pm »

Move 5 West
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 14, 2010, 07:20:20 pm »

Windows and walls both cost 8
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 15, 2010, 12:57:54 am »

Shotgun in front of me, shotgun to the left of me, run as far Southeast as I can.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 16, 2010, 07:10:07 pm »

Yeah, but i wouldn't have had to go through the trench and could have flamed 2 squares this turn, but whatever, what happened happened.

Ah, I finally found your turn post.  My bad.  It wasn't actually valid though anyway, the flamer makes movement take 2AP.  Another little rule that isn't even in the first post yet.
Don't worry though, they have no reason to move to 7,23, Archangel is the closest target.
Wait what?

Well then ill have to change my move, i move to 11,25 instead of my current move, and don't flame anywhere up :(
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 16, 2010, 07:13:35 pm »

Yeah, but i wouldn't have had to go through the trench and could have flamed 2 squares this turn, but whatever, what happened happened.

Ah, I finally found your turn post.  My bad.  It wasn't actually valid though anyway, the flamer makes movement take 2AP.  Another little rule that isn't even in the first post yet.
Don't worry though, they have no reason to move to 7,23, Archangel is the closest target.
Wait what?

Well then ill have to change my move, i move to 11,25 instead of my current move, and don't flame anywhere up :(

Yeah sorry, it's a work in progress ):
I'm not sure everyone's posted, but I'll get started on the turn soon.  It's hardly important now anyway (:
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 17, 2010, 04:13:43 pm »

A few people didn't post actions, probably because... well, just look at it, your victory is completely assured!
So yeah, a winner is y'all!  Good job.  The flamers form a wall which the last few walk into, while the snipers take pot shots.

Maybe a bit anticlimactic, but, this really was just a test run.  Thanks to all of you for helping me explore the rules.

What happens next is: I adjust the rules in the first post, and take some time to automate the common movement.  This not only makes my job easier, it makes the commons predictable like they're supposed to be.  This'll definitely take a few days (I have other obligations of course (many on Steam)).  In the meantime the rules are certainly not set.  I'll go through the entire thread to pick out the suggestions, but I don't mind at all if you repost them now.

If you just want to play, that's cool too (you're participation was still valuable).  I'll send out a PM to all players when the next version is ready.

One thing about the next version: there will be a story, and a progression of events, controlled by the team's performance.  There will be a respawn system.  There won't be a continuous increase in power, but there will be opportunities to adjust your loadout.  The map will scroll, there will always be enemies.  There will be a lot more specials.  There'll be a deadline for actions to keep things moving, though I make no *promises* about when the results are posted.

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 04:15:15 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 17, 2010, 04:48:32 pm »

I thought I moved... oh well! We win yay!!

My suggestion is the ability to requistion equipment and supplies. Since we're military the only cost here would be time, naturally, time we ain't gonna have. Also, if the aim is to continually force the players back, Could I suggest that Heavy weapons don't have as much emcumberance, otherwise their users will only be able to move at the same speed as commons. Of course, that could be intentional...   ;D
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16