Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: Determined Monster Defense  (Read 15137 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Determined Monster Defense
« Reply #180 on: November 14, 2010, 02:45:43 am »

im pretty sure the whole square is a trench, if he wants to climb out then he has to leave it, but as long as he is in the trench square, he is in the trench square

That's right.  The zeds at 7,21 through 9,21 are stuck in the trench.  They can't grab Archangel from the trench, and they don't want to move away from him, so they're harmless.  That's very exploitable, and I'm not sure why I decided they can't grab from trenches, but that's how it is at the moment.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 14, 2010, 03:02:32 am »

They shouldn't be able to grab from trenches just like they do from land, that's reasonable and i agree (somewhat), how about it takes 1 turn for a zombie in a trench to grab you (instead of 0 turns), and another turn for the zombie in the trench to bite you
EDIT: or how about after a turn they can climb out, and push you out of the square your in and gabbing you
eg from: (Z=zombie in trench, z= zombie out of trench, P=player, and T=trench)
ZZZ
 P
in one turn to
TTT
zzz
 P
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 04:17:15 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 14, 2010, 06:35:14 am »

Yeah, it defnitely need to be worked out, or we could just have a 8 trenches in a square with someone in the middle shooting away.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 14, 2010, 07:12:26 am »

What if they can spend ther 5 movement to bite someone even if they haven't grabbed them first...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 14, 2010, 12:51:27 pm »

Is it possible for me to move after I fire my handgun?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 14, 2010, 01:31:55 pm »

Maybe I should add reaction fire, where unused AP are used to shoot zeds at the last second.  Shotgun (and assault rifle) would have it available.  Kinda needs the zed-movement-simulator I'm planning.

What if they can spend ther 5 movement to bite someone even if they haven't grabbed them first...
That might be what I intended, yeah, and seems fairly balanced.  That's how it'll be next turn - they can't grab from the trench, but if you don't move out of the way they'll bite you (spending their 5AP).

Is it possible for me to move after I fire my handgun?
No, that'd be too easy.  Being grabbed is a desperate situation - you only get one shot, with the sidearm.

Turn is partially done, progressing fine.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 14, 2010, 01:47:57 pm »

I will move one N,W then shoot to get as many as I can up to right. Then I will move one S,E.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 14, 2010, 02:01:12 pm »

I will move one N,W then shoot to get as many as I can up to right. Then I will move one S,E.

Actually I decided you can shoot through the diagonal space Zergling opens at 12,21, to get the Runner at 14,19.  If you still want to.
She/they

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 14, 2010, 02:10:09 pm »

I thought megaman was going to get him?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 14, 2010, 02:33:42 pm »

I felt bad about modifying actions, but it's for the best.  Players walking into each others lines of fire, or overkilling squares four times over, is hilarious of course... except when it's the result of a complicated and fast-shifting ruleset, not any fault of the players themselves.

Ditch: 8,26
move: 6,27
Ditch: 5,26
I hope you mean to dig 8,27 not 8,26.  I don't think you should be able to turn walls into trenches like that.

Move to the crack in the wall near trenches and start flaming them
A little vague, but alright.  You don't hop into the trench RAM digs, but you can still just manage to flame 7,22.  It's super effective!

Fire my sidearm (I can still do that while grabbed, right?) at 12,21, then set that tile on fire.
You manage to shoot the zed off before it can bite you, then you pick up your weapon.

Bastard.

Okay. I think the only way to save archangel is for him to shoot the guy to the north of him (The only zombie next to him on a pit square that has climbed out so far right?

Then That blue flamer got to put the guy next to him on fire. If we don't do this a runner can bite him this turn.

Then if mega man can shoot the Orange guy that I can not we should be okay this turn.

Good plan, I had blue flamer guy follow it, but you forgot to choose your own action.
Hm.  FuzzyZergling's shooting 12,21 off him... right now that doesn't give you LoS to 14,19, because loldiagonals, but I already mentioned that maybe diagonals like that should allow LoS (otherwise you can't see a zed grabbing your from the northeast if there's one east and one north).
So alright, it's a tough shot, but you kill that Runner after all.  He didn't see that coming!

I let rip with the chaingun, and then move to 22,21 facing West, once again revving up. If a special is not protected by commons will it die in my wall bullets?
Oh, I misread your question slightly.  The special will die *even if* there are commons in the way.  Specials are just supposed to be too smart to catch in chaingun fire, they're supernaturally aware bastards.  I've been a bit lax in their intelligence - because this is a test run, let's say.  They should really be the true threat, using the otherwise helpless commons.

Here and now, though, you wipe out almost everything threatening Sheb, including the cold special, and the remainders wander into the flames.

move to 26, 21, fire north/northeast. If there are still any targets, fire again at them, if not, move back to 28,24

And yes, the east is looking pretty good. Sheb and I can probably take this lot.
Ah, no, Kashyyk is shooting there (hard to tell before it happens).  You could finish off column 31, but there's no point with the flames, so you run west to assist that side.

Move to 26,24. Flame 28,19
Same deal as Burnt Pies - this side is cleared.  You move west, though not so quickly :/

Quote from: Megman
Megaman continues his special killing spree! I move two tiles NW and shoot that closest orange bastard! If I'm out of range, I guess I'll fire into the western cluster.
Given recent events, you move and fire into the western cluster.  Eight down!

run towards grey and hit zombies if i am able to
You charge west, waving your shovel.  Nothing's in range but you aim to fix that.

Move 10/26

Put wall down at 9/25
Alright.  Better safe than sorry.

Shoot the one ahead of me.
Have I apologized for suggesting you move to the square that got you grabbed?  'cuz I am sorry.  You're finally free, though.  And on the bright side, you kept the zeds from overrunning the east side!
Perhaps I could add a melee class that focuses on not dying in melee, but doesn't kill much.  I was going to have a scientist class that could influence the commons, but this sounds more fun.  Maybe both.

I shoot the bastard to the left of me, (7,22).

I think it would be helpful if the numbers were on all sides of the map, not just the top and left.
Since that one's toast, you shoot northwest instead.
She/they

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 14, 2010, 02:40:56 pm »

Do I get an award for holding the Zeds at arm's length for so long?

Now, tell me if I'm wrong, but the two Zeds on my right are going to walk into the flame, right? In that case: Run west and ready the chaingun to fire due east.

Also, I'd liek to thank all the guys who kept me alive for so long! Thanks!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 14, 2010, 02:42:20 pm »

Commons will always travel diagonally first, right?

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 14, 2010, 02:56:47 pm »

There's still the cold blooded one in the east, remember? watch out for it.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 14, 2010, 02:57:57 pm »

You're welcome, Sheb!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 14, 2010, 02:59:05 pm »

Here and now, though, you wipe out almost everything threatening Sheb, including the cold special, and the remainders wander into the flames.

Nope I got him!

Your welcome Sheb.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16