Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: Determined Monster Defense  (Read 15159 times)

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
Re: Determined Monster Defense
« Reply #120 on: November 08, 2010, 09:01:48 pm »

So uhh, will my pistol work from this range?
Hello Hunam

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 08, 2010, 09:27:31 pm »

It should. Looks like it has a max range of 3 tiles, and the enemy you're trying to shoot is in the third tile away from you.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 08, 2010, 09:32:56 pm »

Oh, then i shoot and run SW for sure :D
Hello Hunam

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 08, 2010, 10:18:21 pm »

Sorry, I must have glazed over those last few messages.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 09, 2010, 03:47:34 pm »

I've had a look at how the horde has moved, and unless the cold-blooded Zombie has left horde and is hiding somewhere behind/to the side of it, there are very few places it could be. I think it's at (32,16) or (15,15). Although I might have missed somewhere.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 09, 2010, 04:45:58 pm »

So... Are we waiting for anyone?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 09, 2010, 05:21:56 pm »

So... Are we waiting for anyone?

Nope, just me, but work's done and I'm on it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 09, 2010, 07:52:54 pm »

Dangit, lost my write-up.  I hate it when that happens.
Carp, being dragged to a concert haha.  I'll see about getting the enemy turn when I return tonight.  I guess Archangel can submit his turn in the meantime if he likes!

Kashyyk: Uh, hm.  The chaingun arc doesn't cover half of either of those two zeds closest to you. I meant for it to be bad at close range, but that's terribly silly - you can't even see between them.  Hrm, oh well, you guys are in trouble anyway- chainguns now kill zeds they graze.  I'll likely balance it's cone-shape later to compensate.

Also, ahaha, you catch the last unidentified Runner in the middle of your hail of death.  Apparently firing at an angle threw "him" off guard (not me, perish the thought!)

Criptfiend: That shot would mean shooting through the commons, so I had you shoot from your position instead.  I took your conditional to mean you don't want to move after the shot, I hope that's right.  You got Runner #2 and 4 commons behind him.

RAM: No problem, you do that.

Megaman: You pull out your sidearm and fire as you run, killing a common as you get behind the ditches.

Burnt Pies: You save Sheb's bacon, blasting the commons off him, then fall back as you eject the shell.

Jetsquirrel: I don't even remember what I decided about walls (after nobody placed theirs during setup, haha).  Wait, 25,20?  Oh, you mean 20,25 and 23,25.  Alright sure, 5AP for walls for now.  I think it was 8 but whatever.

Fuzzy Zergling: Alright, you burn and move.  You are allowed to burn a square a zed is in, if you have LOS to him, but this is good too.

Meph: Burnt Pie's shotgun blast cleared 30,19, but you light it up anyway, it'll catch some of the zeds from the northeast.

Cheezy: Ditches cost 4AP with the shovel (have I been deducting that right?) but then, you did skip last turn.  So you put down two ditches.

Sheb: You struggle and pull out your sidearm, trying to keep your gun spinning.  Your friends blast the nearest ones off you, but more are coming.  You fire into the horde and kill 27,18.  But yeah, there's too many.

Archangel: Oops, guess we were waiting on someone.  You move west 1 square to avoid the zed horde.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 09, 2010, 09:12:48 pm »

The zombies have yet to move, but I will put down a default move of moving to 7,27 and building a wall at 8,26.

I recall ditches costing 4 and everything else costing 8.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 10, 2010, 02:17:30 am »

I'm the shotgunner, not a chaingunner.
Me too.

If I can still submit my turn, I'll shoot thrice, Northwest centred at (19,10), North centred at (19,8) and, assuming I can shoot through the Tower, Northeast centred at (19,6) then to (23,8).

Sorry about my absence. Life happened.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 10, 2010, 08:14:05 am »

So, can I move away or not? (Please say yes)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 10, 2010, 08:22:04 am »

Help green digging trenches, by making 2 additonal trenches on the right side of his
Wrong move later post shows real one
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 12:16:02 pm by Jetsquirrel »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 10, 2010, 10:26:22 am »

I'm the shotgunner, not a chaingunner.
Me too.

If I can still submit my turn, I'll shoot thrice, Northwest centred at (19,10), North centred at (19,8) and, assuming I can shoot through the Tower, Northeast centred at (19,6) then to (23,8).

Sorry about my absence. Life happened.

No problem.  And oh, that helps a lot.  You take out 6,19 through 12,19 (x,y remember!) and 7,18 through 11,18.  Good move, otherwise you were going to get grabbed.  (Basically I had you fire in a 45*3=135 degree cone facing north, this was optimal, simulated firing NW N and NE, and killed every zed you could reach).

Not much longer on the turn, now.
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 10, 2010, 11:32:03 am »

So, some bad news first.  Kashyyk and Sheb are grabbed by commons, Runner #2 grabs Archangel (the commons in the trench can't bite or grab though).  Meanwhile the other Runners are ready to ruin your collective day.

On the plus side, a couple dozen zeds walked into fire this turn!  It's a little hard to see because afterward the fires on rows 14 and 15 went out (oops, more bad news), but you can tell how smaller the horde is now.  Particularly on the east side.

Archangel, Sheb, and Kashyyk choose a zed to shoot off with your sidearm, and you don't get to move.  Specials are valid targets for pistoling.  Also, hm, you can shoot a zed that's diagonally adjacent even though you technically don't have LOS.  That's so weird, I need to work on that problem...

Anyway, don't panic.  I wouldn't say the situation is hopeless for anybody just yet.

Although, there is still one cold-blooded zed with 5 move, somewhere  ;D
She/they

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 10, 2010, 11:57:44 am »

Right, If megaman snipes down sheb's diagonal and he pistol whips the Zed next to him, then he'll be safe this turn.
I'm not sure whether I can be saved though, Pies might be able to shotgun them, but he'll probably get grabbed next turn. Although if we do it right, we might be able to kill all the ones round me and I'll be able to prep the chaingun for eating the zed's still near Sheb.

This is just my suggestion (the officer class isn't here yet damnit) but I think it could work. I dunno how to deal with the west side though.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16