Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Determined Monster Defense  (Read 15157 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Determined Monster Defense
« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2010, 04:51:07 pm »

Shoot 29,19 with my sidearm, then move backward and ready the chaingun to shoot right ahead.

You can shoot with the sidearm, and okay you can ready the chaingun (since it doesn't cost AP this round).  You can't move though.

Hm... sign me up for the waiting list (if there are too many people for me to join next round), this looks pretty cool

Sure, you'll be in next round.  I'll be taking a few days to build some tools (and adjust the rules with player input) and those tools should make the number of players a non-issue.  I think.

Wow... I missed a lot of the action...
okay ill move over to (17, 25)
put down trenches at (24, 16), and (24, 17)

Also, can I bash stuff with the supershovel?
Yup, that rule hasn't changed, I believe it's 4AP per SPANG.  Works on specials.

New Weapon suggestion:

Assault Rifle
AP 2
Range: Long (LOS)

Standard issue rifle. Used to quickly and accurately take care of individual targets. Not as deadly as many of the other weapons, but it offers a lot of versatility when dealing with specific threats.

We need something good for dealing with zombies that are surrounding or about to surround someone. Everything we currently have is either slow or hits too large of an area. Plus, it seems odd not to have an Assault rifle option. At 2ap per shot this won't kill as much as most of the other weapons but it would let us have a few people dedicated to covering the heavy weapons users.
I was a little worried that it was too easy to keep someone alive, since you only have to kill the adjacent zeds.  But being grabbed is nearly as bad as being dead, so yeah.  This looks good.  I'm almost tempted to replace the shotgun with it, but better to give players the choice once there are classes.  Perhaps some class(es) could take both at once.

Move to 28,20, fire shotgun north east, then move 4 spaces south to 28,24

Also, I'm the shotgunner, not a chaingunner.

Ah, now I remember why I added shotguns.  That should help Sheb a lot.  And yeah I did mistake you for a chaingunner for a bit, perhaps I made the icons too similar (considering how different the roles are!)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2010, 04:58:07 pm »

AP costs and whatnot can also be tweaked as needed. Right now we're in serious danger of being overwhelmed, so I think it'd be a decent compromise. The group has to decide how much to dedicate to wiping out large swaths of zombies vs keeping zombies off of individuals. Especially since an Assault Rifle user has to make sure THEY don't get grabbed if they are going to be helpful for the group.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

cheezy130

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2010, 05:00:15 pm »

Wow... I missed a lot of the action...
okay ill move over to (17, 25)
put down trenches at (24, 16), and (24, 17)

Also, can I bash stuff with the supershovel?
Yup, that rule hasn't changed, I believe it's 4AP per SPANG.  Works on specials.
Haha, excellent...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2010, 05:18:48 pm »

Dang, well, let me shoot and ready the chaingun then.

Also, don't compromise the fight for me, I was the one being foolish enough to get me grabbed.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2010, 05:46:56 pm »

Dang, well, let me shoot and ready the chaingun then.

Also, don't compromise the fight for me, I was the one being foolish enough to get me grabbed.

Because I suggested you move there, haha.  I didn't think to check.  Sorry.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2010, 05:56:17 pm »

Looks like I have a clear shot at runner 3, so I'll shoot him and run 2 tiles SW
Edit: From these actions, it looks as if me, Burnt, and Sheb are dead for sure. Though it might just be my insanity and paranoia talking.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 06:11:05 pm by Megaman »
Hello Hunam

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2010, 06:18:27 pm »

I'm fairly sure I'm gone too. I'm definately going back on the waiting list after this though!

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 08, 2010, 06:22:22 pm »

Actually I change my plan, I shoot the common in front of me with my sidearm and dump all my AP into running SW
Edit: Or at least I think that will work, the range you put for the sidearm confused me, if I need to get into range I'll walk one or 2 steps forward and run like hell to the south.
Edit Edit: Wait then doing that would make me worse off than if I shot the special, Then if I'm not in range I'll just run south instead.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 06:39:44 pm by Megaman »
Hello Hunam

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2010, 07:14:45 pm »

Oh hey whoops I forgot about the tower!
I'm a little busy with RL work but, in the western cluster, there's a Runner at 5,13 and one at 12,13.  The rest are commons.  Sorry about that!

Also there's still that single coldblooded Special lurking about... it isn't in range of the tower though.  Kekeke.

As for being doomed, well, maybe.  I'm really not sure.  I don't see a way to avoid a few of you getting grabbed next turn... but, commons will continue to focus on a grabbed player as long as he's closest.  As long as someone can clear the commons off you by the end of turn, you aren't bitten.

I'll go ahead and say there's only one unidentified Runner left.
She/they

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 08, 2010, 07:32:11 pm »

So I can only hit commons after the runner is hit, not before right?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 08, 2010, 07:39:29 pm »

So I can only hit commons after the runner is hit, not before right?

Yeah, you wouldn't be able to see it in the scope otherwise.
She/they

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 08, 2010, 07:43:54 pm »

I believe that if I move two south east, I can shoot that runner at 15,16 and kill all the commons at 16,y

Also thanks for fixing my last shot.

If I can do the above I will, if not then I wont.

Wait.. Is that common dead already, who is the yellow guy?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 08, 2010, 08:31:27 pm »

My camera tower seems to be malfunctioning.
I believe that yellow is FuzzyZergling

S, SW, Wall 7, 26
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 08, 2010, 08:32:53 pm »

Oh thats a fire guy? Okay, then I will do that thing from my last post.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 08, 2010, 08:52:20 pm »

My camera tower seems to be malfunctioning.
I believe that yellow is FuzzyZergling

S, SW, Wall 7, 26

Oh hey whoops I forgot about the tower!
I'm a little busy with RL work but, in the western cluster, there's a Runner at 5,13 and one at 12,13.  The rest are commons.  Sorry about that!

Also there's still that single coldblooded Special lurking about... it isn't in range of the tower though.  Kekeke.

As for being doomed, well, maybe.  I'm really not sure.  I don't see a way to avoid a few of you getting grabbed next turn... but, commons will continue to focus on a grabbed player as long as he's closest.  As long as someone can clear the commons off you by the end of turn, you aren't bitten.

I'll go ahead and say there's only one unidentified Runner left.

Sorry about that!
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16