Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: Determined Monster Defense  (Read 15182 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Determined Monster Defense
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2010, 11:44:37 am »

Changing some rules while the actions come in:
Engineers (people with shovels) build constructions during the battle for 8AP.  That's towers, walls, and windows.  No limits on how many, and windows are built into walls as a second action.
Anybody can spend their whole turn to build a ditch, or 4AP with a supershovel.
Ditches cost 4AP to move out of instead of a whole turn, making them much less powerful.  They don't wear out though (I considered that instead).
A chaingun or flamer makes movement cost 2AP.

These changes won't invalidate actions already posted.

Thoughts?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2010, 11:47:19 am »

I have no problem with any of these.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2010, 12:47:56 pm »

No problem either.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2010, 12:58:45 pm »

Perhaps shovelers, of being able to place a set amount of each type of construction pre-round, should have a set amount of AP to set up constructions, each costing a certain amount of AP. Also perhaps some actual towers are in order, allowing those with long rifles to see beyond walls of common, flamers to increase their range, and also give zombies a hard time climbing up except for some infected. You would.be able to shoot below, giving shotguns a major bonus. These would probably take a while to build, perhaps being built in 'stages' by shovelers.
Hello Hunam

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2010, 03:23:02 pm »

Thoughts?

Increase chain gun arc by 2.5 degrees. Makes them slightly more powerful (Eight more squares hit I think) but makes it a lot easier to keep track of what they are hitting.

Also...

Chunk.

Bang.

I slay all the zombies in X9.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2010, 04:05:44 pm »

Sorry. I got a bit distracted by New Vegas and housework yesterday. Didn't make it online at all.

I'll go for starting in 20,20 and Teal for my colour.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2010, 05:10:04 pm »

Make 2 ditches at (21,24 and 23,24) and move back  2 places from where i am standing

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2010, 11:04:51 am »

Skipping Cheezy this turn.

I would like to spend my action digging a trench, at 6,21 and working east, otherwise I will don some pompoms and think of England.
Rules have changed to allow this, so you place trenches at 6,21 and 6,22.

I'm not making constructions, I just have a flamer...

I'll edit this with my actions in a minute.

Set fire to 32,15 and 33,15.

Move back two.

I'll try to cover this side while the chainguns rip up the stuff in front of us.

Right right, I meant RAM with that statement.  Doesn't matter now though.
You set fire to those two tiles and fall back two spaces.  However, in the future your movement will cost 2AP because flamers are heavy (new rule).

Rip up stuff in front of me.
You aim directly north and start spinning up.

Move as far left as I can, dodging around Zergling.
You move to 10,20, 10 spaces away (diagonal movement is also just 1AP).  However, suddenly your weapon feels so heavy (the new rule is chainguns and flamers cause movement to cost 2AP).

I move 2 units forward, light up 15*14, then move back 2 units.
No problem, but in the future movement will cost 2AP for heavy weapons.

Move West 5 and North 5 to (23,20).

Then set up and aim in the direction of (23,9).
Cool, that even works with the new "heavy weapons make movement 2AP" rule.  You do that.

Sorry. I got a bit distracted by New Vegas and housework yesterday. Didn't make it online at all.

I'll go for starting in 20,20 and Teal for my colour.
No worries, I know how Fallout 3 is.

Make 2 ditches at (21,24 and 23,24) and move back  2 places from where i am standing

Thoughts?

Increase chain gun arc by 2.5 degrees. Makes them slightly more powerful (Eight more squares hit I think) but makes it a lot easier to keep track of what they are hitting.

Also...

Chunk.

Bang.

I slay all the zombies in X9.
I don't yet see how 2.5 degrees makes the chaingun area easier to calc, but I'm rusty on the math.  I'm drawing lines in Paint.net (which reports the angle), but of course that's a bit imprecise.  Know a better way?  I just today decided the cone starts from the side of the player's square instead of the center, to keep the FF manageable.
You fire into the hoard, and a line drops.  You spot a lot of commons but no specials, and verify that that empty square is indeed empty.

Aim for 7,28, I don't trust that gap.
You fire at a slight angle into the hoard, and a line of targets drop... but one leaned slightly out of the way.  It's a runner, identified by orange on the map!  Now that you've spotted it, its heat signature will be tracked even when you lose sight of it.
For now though, you can't snipe it through commons.  You'll need someone else to clear LOS (on the same turn is OK).
On the plus side, I've decided that sniping specials will kill 7 commons behind them, like a normal shot.

Enemy turn... coming in a bit.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2010, 11:13:36 am »

So I WAS right.
EDIT: To what extent can that runner dodge sniper rounds?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 11:18:07 am by Megaman »
Hello Hunam

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2010, 11:24:25 am »

Sheb, an idea: as the horde advances, I suggest you angle your chaingun to the east to help Sean and to destroy that runner's cover. I'll spray everything in front of us and slowly tilt to the left. Once we've dealt with them we can move over to the west end of the horde.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2010, 11:34:12 am »

Generally speaking, maybe we  should all move to the west/east and focus our firepower.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2010, 11:37:35 am »

I suggest the engies build a few bunkers(2 walls going down at the sides with 3 windows at the front to shoot through)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 11:39:45 am by Megaman »
Hello Hunam

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2010, 11:41:29 am »

So I WAS right.
EDIT: To what extent can that runner dodge sniper rounds?

He'll dodge anything unless you have direct LOS to him (if chainguns destroy his cover earlier in the turn, you can hit him).  These things are a bit supernatural that way.

Note: I've decided that infernos block LOS.

The runner you identified is, as you can see, marked with a "1".  As a special he can move through/over commons.  I think if a special ends up in the same square as a common, the common gets crushed.  I'm considering having the specials kill any commons they move through, might make more sense and balance them.

Alright, send in your turns when ready!
She/they

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2010, 11:43:02 am »

Move back on step (So, 2 AP) and shoot away in the runner's direction.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2010, 11:48:11 am »

I'll run back two and shoot directly in front of me, but if the runner gets in my LOS I will shoot him instead, yay for my turn coming last.
Hello Hunam
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16