Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 42

Author Topic: So. How are you today? \(^_^)/  (Read 28192 times)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So. How are mew today? \(^_^)/
« Reply #570 on: December 25, 2010, 02:19:01 pm »

Whoah, this has been some epic derailing. Vector, your posts are the best. I am basically in love with you. In a non-creepy way, if there is one.

I agree.
Cyber-stalking Vector (in a totally non-creepy way, of course) a bit, can be worthwhile.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 25, 2010, 03:48:47 pm »

Well, it started as a nice enough christmas, had lunch and all, seen my cousins, had fun, then i was bored for some hours as the older folks talked about old people shit, something that will eventually interest me.Then came the ride home, and all hell broke loose, again with my university choice, how it's not really a university or a real profession, and how they really will not pay for it because what the fuck can i do with a degree in design of basicaly everything (from graphics, digital media, printed, multimedia, anything i just have to pick a favourite and specialize in it).And yeah, i feel pretty shitty when my parents bascially call me a lazy asshole and the thing i like doing the most in my life is something shit that will ruin me, and now they are basically bringing down the axe of insults to bring to tears, and i very very rarely cry for anything, especially when i am sober.

Fuck yeah christmas
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 25, 2010, 04:11:15 pm »

... You guys make me really cheerful :D

Running off to Grandma's house.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #573 on: December 25, 2010, 05:14:05 pm »

... You guys make me really cheerful :D

Running off to Grandma's house.
Merry x-mas Vector!
And everyone, really!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: So. How are mew today? (AKA, Tenshi's emo thread)
« Reply #574 on: December 25, 2010, 05:30:09 pm »

We're still working in the 1850s novel scene where yes, both of you would be white women wearing whalebone corsets and pretty lawn dresses.  I'm imagining her with enormous blue eyes and blond curls, and you have brown hair and eyes and a smattering of freckles (because you're not the main character and we all know you won't end up together in the end).  She's dressed in white and you're in pale blue, because the side characters in these novels never quite know how to dress.  But you have a little necklace of garnets on a gold chain that bring out a rim of amber in your eyes, and all is forgiven.  You, too, have your fair share of swains.

Then Vector strides over, awkwardly tapping her sword-cane on the parquet and coughing.  We all know that such a woman who eschews skirts and lace for breeches and boot-leather will never find herself a husband of repute... but ah, there is Lord Mathemalsko, puttering about and searching for the foci of the ballroom, stepping on everyone's feet and cursing under his breath in Russian and German.  Vector watches him with a fond eye for a moment, until she shakes her head and returns to the task at hand.

Perhaps the three--no, four--of them will be all right in the end, but no one knows how long it will be until that day comes.  First, they must settle the matter of the electrified rosebushes, and the prince of Flatland who still seems to think he is half giraffe.
...Does there exist a story about a character from an 18th century romance novel meeting a real person?  Because if not, it needs to be made.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #575 on: December 25, 2010, 05:43:17 pm »

Wait a minute...
We're still working in the 1850s novel scene where yes, both of you would be white women wearing whalebone corsets and pretty lawn dresses.
Wait.......
I'm white?
DOUBLE WAIT.
I'm a woman?
Oh damn double headache.
Vector your too silly.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 25, 2010, 09:59:59 pm »

Ever since Vector called me a white woman, i thought 'shit got serious'. and by serious, i mean awesome.  -Iceball3
Dat signature... XD

Anyway, I'm feeling pretty awesome today! 'cause it's fucking CHRISTMAS! And I got some awesome presents, so yay! =D

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: December 25, 2010, 11:47:21 pm »

Yay for Christmas!
But confused about crazyness with 32-bit. apparently it can use up to 64 GB due to Physical Address Extension, but the only reason its stuck at 3 is because theres a piece of code in windows limiting it for some arbitrary reason.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: December 26, 2010, 12:59:46 am »

I'm white?
DOUBLE WAIT.
I'm a woman?

You're double white.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: December 26, 2010, 03:01:39 am »

Well now, less today and more all the time between my last post and now.
Got to the airport at Indy and started up my computer.
Not sure what I did, I somehow ended up removing all the files in my / partition.
Cue spending about 20 minutes flipping the fuck out.
After gaining my bearings, I thought to myself, 'Okay, I'll just wait until I get to Texas, burn a boot disk, and reinstall stuff.'
Now, between family Christmas shit and dealing with an amazingly shitty network, I have only jsut now gained the time to do this.
But hey, I did it.
Still have a few things to redo so I have an actual working system, but I've got X and Chromium, so it'll be pretty easy from here on out.
Huzzah!

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: December 26, 2010, 09:04:21 am »

Stuck round cousins, so bored here. Aiming to get so drunk that I can't see to survive this challenge!
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: December 26, 2010, 09:10:55 am »

All I can think about is "where can I get an anvil, coal and bricks this time of year".
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: December 26, 2010, 09:17:55 am »

You planning on forging ahead to victory?
*Hugs*

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: December 26, 2010, 09:39:51 am »

All I can think about is "where can I get an anvil, coal and bricks this time of year".
its called a giant rock, bag of charcoal and well...... bricks.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: December 26, 2010, 09:43:08 am »

The only thing that you couldn't get from B&Q is the anvil, that you could get a random lump of metal!
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 42