Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 42

Author Topic: So. How are you today? \(^_^)/  (Read 28217 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: So. How are mew today?
« Reply #540 on: December 24, 2010, 02:21:14 pm »

Fnargh.... Still feeling emo about Kitten...
Talk to your girlfriend! Please! I can't handle hearing that your sad...

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 24, 2010, 02:33:01 pm »

If this helps, you ought to wait until the kitten is at least six months old before spaying/neutering.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #542 on: December 24, 2010, 02:46:59 pm »

If this helps, you ought to wait until the kitten is at least six months old before spaying/neutering.
Ack, It's a nickname for her birth daughter, i think...

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: So. How are mew today? (AKA, Tenshi's emo thread)
« Reply #543 on: December 24, 2010, 02:48:22 pm »

Yes, It's my daughters name.
*Hugs*

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #544 on: December 24, 2010, 02:50:01 pm »

Well, have you talked to Yumi yet? Also, drink something warm and cry into a pillow.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: December 24, 2010, 03:51:05 pm »

Well, have you talked to Yumi yet? Also, drink something warm and cry into a pillow.

... Is your idealized viewpoint of women that they spend their sad hours drinking warm milk and crying little teary rivulets into a mound of white downy fluff?

Sorry for any weirdness, but your posts--and those of a lot of people around here--are starting to sound a little odd.  She's a woman (or a proto-woman, whatever), not a trinket or a pet.  The "Oh deary me!  I just can't bear seeing you sad" outlook is not endearing.  It just makes you look like a refuge from an 1850s romance novel, except you'd be playing the ingénue instead of the Byronic hero.

I know we have a new female resident and yes, she has a cute personality, but that isn't really a good reason to trip over yourselves to dab away all of her tears.  She's a girl on the internet, and no matter how nice you are to her she isn't going to fly all the way from Ireland to deposit herself in your arms.

When did women online become a safe target for misplaced "chivalry?"  Since they appeared, I suppose, but all the same: treating a woman as some sort of object on a pedestal, which you might be able to store in your house should you prostrate yourself enough, is nothing sort of disturbing and foolish.

Would you treat a man the same way?  I doubt it.  Be kind, but not fawning.  If you want to fawn, there's private message systems for that.  If you wouldn't act this way on the street, then for heaven's sake don't do it here.  An online community is not constrained by physical space like one in real-life.  You may think you're in a little corner with MoM, holding her downy white hands, on your knees, supplicating--but you aren't.  You're doing this in the middle of an enormous party, and people are starting to look at you a bit funny.

And, for those of you who would defend this behavior: if Armok were saying it, how would you treat him?

I'm sorry if I didn't put that very diplomatically.  I've been a bit crankier than usual recently, which is of course no excuse.  All the same, I felt the spirit of the message was necessary, if not this particular execution.

It's too bad to hear you're feeling down, MoM.  Feel better soon.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: December 24, 2010, 04:19:19 pm »

lol i fuckin' love you Vector.

And not like in a "I need to keep you warm and protect you from everything" kind of love but in like a "you're the best forumite with possibly the exception of Aqizzar" kind of love.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 04:26:39 pm by Tylui »

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: December 24, 2010, 04:53:04 pm »

Armok, huh?  :P

And yeah what she said

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 24, 2010, 04:59:43 pm »

Vector: To place blame where blame belongs, Merchant of Menace brings it upon herself because she enjoys it. She's made at least three recent posts consisting of nothing but "I'm emo about <problem>".

Fawning is bad, but encouraging people to fawn over you is bad too. People often do it unintentionally, simply because they get positive reinforcement. I see tons of girls online who engage in all kinds of attention-whoring and sympathy-grabbing (and compliment-fishing, and many other hyphenated things) because tons of guys online are incredibly easy bait. It swings both ways; being a girl on the Internet means it's hard to just get treated like a person, but it also makes it incredibly easy to get idolized and get sympathy from scores of socially-maladjusted teenage boys.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: December 24, 2010, 05:05:38 pm »

Vector: To place blame where blame belongs, Merchant of Menace brings it upon herself because she enjoys it. She's made at least three recent posts consisting of nothing but "I'm emo about <problem>".

I'm well aware of this, but didn't feel comfortable saying it myself (due to a certain amount of tactlessness I was sure I would bring to the discussion).  Thanks for coming in and making it clear.

My hope was that if I mentioned the one problem, the other one would resolve itself as the audience disappeared or altered its attitude.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #550 on: December 24, 2010, 08:30:46 pm »

... Is your idealized viewpoint of women that they spend their sad hours drinking warm milk and crying little teary rivulets into a mound of white downy fluff?
No, that's how i deal with depression myself :/

Sorry for any weirdness, but your posts--and those of a lot of people around here--are starting to sound a little odd.  She's a woman (or a proto-woman, whatever), not a trinket or a pet.  The "Oh deary me!  I just can't bear seeing you sad" outlook is not endearing.  It just makes you look like a refuge from an 1850s romance novel, except you'd be playing the ingénue instead of the Byronic hero.
You mean someone who told her life story to me before? Really, It's really hard to sit by like this when things not to be spoken in public happened in just a few days during her life. Let's leave it at that.

I know we have a new female resident and yes, she has a cute personality, but that isn't really a good reason to trip over yourselves to dab away all of her tears.  She's a girl on the internet, and no matter how nice you are to her she isn't going to fly all the way from Ireland to deposit herself in your arms.
Vector, she has a girlfriend. Why would I expect her to want anything to do with my lazy ass?

When did women online become a safe target for misplaced "chivalry?"  Since they appeared, I suppose, but all the same: treating a woman as some sort of object on a pedestal, which you might be able to store in your house should you prostrate yourself enough, is nothing sort of disturbing and foolish.
I have pity. A fuckton of pity. About the past not to be spoken about.
Would you treat a man the same way?  I doubt it.  Be kind, but not fawning.  If you want to fawn, there's private message systems for that.  If you wouldn't act this way on the street, then for heaven's sake don't do it here.
Point, You have it. A lot of it. This is a 'my bad' moment for me.

An online community is not constrained by physical space like one in real-life.  You may think you're in a little corner with MoM, holding her downy white hands, on your knees, supplicating--but you aren't.
Tenshi is white?
But yeah, another my bad moment.
  You're doing this in the middle of an enormous party, and people are starting to look at you a bit funny.
As many arguments that i have of the fact that I have to deal with be the social equivalent of a shit splatter on the jeans of someone else, you have a great point here too.
And, for those of you who would defend this behavior: if Armok were saying it, how would you treat him?

I'm sorry if I didn't put that very diplomatically.  I've been a bit crankier than usual recently, which is of course no excuse.  All the same, I felt the spirit of the message was necessary, if not this particular execution.
It's okay sister, your rants are always a good read anyway.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 24, 2010, 08:34:02 pm »

An online community is not constrained by physical space like one in real-life.  You may think you're in a little corner with MoM, holding her downy white hands, on your knees, supplicating--but you aren't.  You're doing this in the middle of an enormous party, and people are starting to look at you a bit funny.

The other thing worth mentioning about this is that it's actually very trivial to engage in actual, honest-to-god private communication. We have private messages on the forum, plus the other half-dozen or so methods that most people have access to.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 24, 2010, 08:42:43 pm »

Wait, MoM is a girl? o.O
Oh well, feeling rather drunk (damn you cheap beer in large quantities) and somewhat sad, for fucks sake it's christmas and all i can think of is how to stuff my face with sweets and meat tommorow, also a girl, but she has been in my head for some three months now, might as well eat for two then
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 24, 2010, 09:59:44 pm »

You mean someone who told her life story to me before? Really, It's really hard to sit by like this when things not to be spoken in public happened in just a few days during her life. Let's leave it at that.

If it's not to be spoken of in public, then don't speak of it in public.

Vector, she has a girlfriend. Why would I expect her to want anything to do with my lazy ass?

Trust me, I am more-than-aware-of her girlfriend.  Why do guys everywhere fawn over girls on the internet and hit on them when they have no chance of getting anything but a little female attention from someone who might just be laughing at them?  I'm not implying MoM is doing this.  All I'm saying is: what is woman-attention over the internet worth?

I dunno.  That's for the guys to ask themselves.

I have pity. A fuckton of pity. About the past not to be spoken about.

Then reserve your pity for the context in which it is appropriate.

Tenshi is white?

We're still working in the 1850s novel scene where yes, both of you would be white women wearing whalebone corsets and pretty lawn dresses.  I'm imagining her with enormous blue eyes and blond curls, and you have brown hair and eyes and a smattering of freckles (because you're not the main character and we all know you won't end up together in the end).  She's dressed in white and you're in pale blue, because the side characters in these novels never quite know how to dress.  But you have a little necklace of garnets on a gold chain that bring out a rim of amber in your eyes, and all is forgiven.  You, too, have your fair share of swains.

Then Vector strides over, awkwardly tapping her sword-cane on the parquet and coughing.  We all know that such a woman who eschews skirts and lace for breeches and boot-leather will never find herself a husband of repute... but ah, there is Lord Mathemalsko, puttering about and searching for the foci of the ballroom, stepping on everyone's feet and cursing under his breath in Russian and German.  Vector watches him with a fond eye for a moment, until she shakes her head and returns to the task at hand.

Perhaps the three--no, four--of them will be all right in the end, but no one knows how long it will be until that day comes.  First, they must settle the matter of the electrified rosebushes, and the prince of Flatland who still seems to think he is half giraffe.

Autarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 24, 2010, 10:02:17 pm »

If she is a lesbian, how has she popped out a baby?

?????
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 42