Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Questions relating position/leader tokens.  (Read 328 times)

GregoriKedari

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Questions relating position/leader tokens.
« on: November 04, 2010, 10:25:28 am »

I am unsure if this is supposed to go into Gameplay Questions or Modding but I'll ask it anyway.

1. If I add the [MENIAL_WORK_EXEMPTION] tag to a certain position but remove the [ACCOUNT_EXEMPT] tag, will that cause my dwarf(with that position) to starve to death because he/she is not working yet does have to pay for rooms, food and other stuff?
2. What does [MANDATE_MAX:(Any number)] do? Is this related to law making(I thought it had to do with forbidding certain items to be traded)?
3. What does the [LAND_HOLDER:(Any number)] tag do?(From what I see [LAND_NAME:(Any name)] has got to do with the name of your fortress, yet I have no clue what the [LAND_HOLDER:?] tag does).
4. A monarch and other nobles arive when a certain amount of arival conditions have been met, for example; 100,000 exported wealth. How can I set/change these arival conditions? Are they hard-coded?
5. What does the [SLEEP_PRETENSION] tag do?
6. What does the [SITE] tag do?
7. What does the [PRECEDENCE:(Any number)] tag do? I know it has something to do with the authority a certain position has(1 seems to be the highest with 180 being the lowest), but can anyone explain in detail what it does(What would happen if I would simplify it for example?)?

If no one knows the answer to a certain question then I will simply try it out and post the results, the only reason I am asking these questions is to save me time on endless trial and error as there was no a complete list on DF wiki with all the position tokens and their explanations.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Questions relating position/leader tokens.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 11:44:13 am »

1. The dwarf won't starve, but will eventually go broke (and then into debt) from buying the cheapest food available. Granted, this only happens if the Dwarven Economy activates, which never actually happens in 0.31.
2. You know how Barons, Counts, and Dukes make annoying production mandates and export bans? [MANDATE_MAX] specifies how many of those they can have active at once.
3. It makes the position be appointed by a visiting Outpost Liaison (specifically, a unit with the ESTABLISH_COLONY_TRADE_AGREEMENTS responsibility). The actual number links it to a corresponding [LAND_HOLDER_TRIGGER] defined earlier.
4. Seemingly hard-coded.
5. "He was angered by a lesser's pretentious dining arrangements lately."
6. It makes the position site-specific - while a whole civilization will only have one King, Outpost Liaison, and Diplomat, each fortress will have its own militia captain, sheriff/captain of the guard, mayor, broker, bookkeeper, etc.
7. Not sure. For all I know, it just defines the order in which they show up in the Nobles screen.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 11:46:49 am by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.