Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Good News about the Election!  (Read 5336 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Good News about the Election!
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2010, 03:52:30 pm »

That would be really useful for when you're up against what seems to be a mentally handicapped guy with a squint.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2010, 05:28:54 pm »

Nock gun. 7 muskets in one. fun. shoulder hurts though.

This is a blank sig.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2010, 05:31:49 pm »

But yes, man silhouette targets are a staple for self-defense shooters. I mean, why learn to shoot a little black circle when its far more practical to shoot this?

Does that label his crotch as a killshot?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2010, 05:41:11 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:08:26 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2010, 05:49:39 pm »

Can you really justify shooting someone in the balls as self defence?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2010, 05:55:00 pm »

Can you really justify shooting someone in the balls as self defence?
On accident I guess. You could just claim you missed your real target of their leg or something.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2010, 05:59:00 pm »

You may have trouble though... "My life was in immediate danger, so I took the time to aim at the point that would cause the most painful death".  I guess you could claim it's an accident, but then when they find all your paper targets with perfect crotchshots...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2010, 06:31:45 pm »

You may have trouble though... "My life was in immediate danger, so I took the time to aim at the point that would cause the most painful death".  I guess you could claim it's an accident, but then when they find all your paper targets with perfect crotchshots...

Fake a lazy eye and say you were always aiming to the left.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2010, 07:07:15 pm »

Fake a lazy eye and say you were always aiming to the left.
How far left is down?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2010, 07:58:10 pm »

When someone is shooting you, every point causes the most painful death (Except the head)
Shoes...

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2010, 11:04:49 pm »

I'll never forget how amazed I was when I found out you can just go into a sporting goods store and buy man-silhouette targets.  On the one hand, I expected I was being secretly photographed, but on the other, the guy manning the counter sounded like he enjoyed decorating them as IRS agents for his own practice.

Sometimes though, I do wonder if they're out to get me.  Especially that one that I gave a face with bullet holes.  He just kept staring at me; the more I shot him, the more intent he got.
You can also get zombie nazi targets.  It never hurts to be prepared.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2010, 01:19:12 am »

image of a guy already aiming at you
It sure doesn't look like I have time to worry about killshots with that thing. If I'm not already firing, shouldn't I be ducking?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2010, 01:47:51 am »

image of a guy already aiming at you
It sure doesn't look like I have time to worry about killshots with that thing. If I'm not already firing, shouldn't I be ducking?
Correct thing to do would be to sidestep while drawing and trying to create distance.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2010, 10:55:02 am »

When someone is shooting you, every point causes the most painful death (Except the head)
Mhmm... wouldn't a chest shot not be as bad, while arm and leg shots could be non lethal?

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2010, 04:32:53 pm »

The suggestion one shouldn't shoot to kill in our hypothetical prompted this thread to drop to the second page.

We shall now discuss military history. Someone throw a question at me. Like, "why stand in lines to shoot muskets?" or, "did the saddle actually revolutionize cavalry tactics?" Those would be good to get a back-and-forth going.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5