Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves dropping food in their quarters  (Read 849 times)

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarves dropping food in their quarters
« on: November 03, 2010, 04:58:09 pm »

What is up with this?  I've seen them bring food to their quarters and drop it on the floor.  I make sure every quarters has at least one chest, and sometimes they'll actually put the food in the chest but usually they just drop it on the floor.  Some of these guys have three or four food sitting on their floors - I kind of thought the were storing their military provisions there while off duty, but I only have them set to carry two food, so I don't understand why that's happening.  I've looked at the food items and they're actually owned by the dwarves who put it in their quarters.  Sometimes the food is of a type that rots and stinks the place up, which makes them unhappy.  The stuff that remains is prepared food.  What's going on there?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Dwarves dropping food in their quarters
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 05:00:48 pm »

Are they in the military?

If so, are they also assigned to do mining, wood cutting, or possibly hunting? Alternatively, did you recently assign them new uniforms?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 05:36:07 pm »

Yeah they're all apparently in the military, although none of them have those labors enabled probably some of them have at various times - I've also been modifying their uniforms from time to time as bluemetal stuff gets made.  I'm a bit concerned that they won't actually be carrying their food while they ARE on duty, I guess I should check their inventories.

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 06:54:46 pm »

Well I looked inside a lot of backpacks and they all seem to be in order, I guess that food will just sit there until the room owner happens to get out of bed and be hungry just then.

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 07:02:35 pm »

Be careful, since with those military dwarves hogging the food nobody else will be able to eat. I've lost forts that way.

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 07:32:18 pm »

Well I have about 15k food and drink each so I'm not terribly worried about that, but thanks anyhow :)

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 07:45:14 pm »

Oh, I see that the couple of military who had mining or woodcutting enabled are NAKED.  That's kind of bad I suppose.