Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves still in abandoned fortress  (Read 822 times)

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarves still in abandoned fortress
« on: November 03, 2010, 12:24:57 pm »

I'm not sure if this normally happens.

I abandoned the fortress so I could explore it in adventure mode. When I arrive it looks like the usual abandon with junk scattered everywhere.  When I go Inside I find several of my dwarves and the liason just still hanging out, and a gem setter strangling a monkey.  The population was 200+ so it looks like the majority left. All of my animals were dead, as it normally is.

Anyhow just surprised to see dwarves just hanging out still...
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves still in abandoned fortress
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 12:31:49 pm »

Were you the mountainhome?
*Hugs*

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 12:36:17 pm »

I don't think I was the capital... never had that dialog come up due to bug in fortress mode.  So I don't know.
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

Kiktamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 01:20:25 pm »

Don't know to much about it myself but I've run into a few old dwarfs on some occasion visiting abandoned forts myself it's very odd.

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 02:51:07 pm »

That's normal.
You don't expect all of them to leave that good stuff behind?  :P