Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Next update!!  (Read 1420 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
Next update!!
« on: November 03, 2010, 09:23:49 am »

Does anyone know when the next update is coming out? i have been really wanting to get it and i cant wait till it comes out :D, also does anyone know how much is and what is going to be added?, i know of some of the stuff but this one is meant to be a big update.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Next update!!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 09:55:14 am »

-Aimed attacks
-Night creatures
-Castles, maybe some other structures, not sure
-probably some other stuff I'm forgetting
-bug fixes
-new bugs
Bugs are opportunities to cause unprecedented amounts of destruction.

-It will be out when it's out.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Moddan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 10:01:34 am »

Probably this year.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 10:42:48 am »

He implied it wouldn't be out till the end of the month, but if it's just pre-release cleanup I'd give it a week or two.

I can't wait, I remember in bed this morning right after I woke up realizing it might be out and jumping out of bed to check.

:c
Shoes...

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 11:04:32 am »

He implied it wouldn't be out till the end of the month, but if it's just pre-release cleanup I'd give it a week or two.

I can't wait, I remember in bed this morning right after I woke up realizing it might be out and jumping out of bed to check.

:c

from the mission status:
All this and more has already been prepared and only needs a few more days of debugging before the release at the beginning of this month.
[...]
These units making their way across the world is only the first step on the path to great armies planned for the end of the year.

but I wouldn't hold my breath...
but hey, if they release it tomorrow, more power to them!

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 03:30:25 pm »

I'm almost certain it'll be released before the end of the weekend, if not sooner.

Though if the bugs turn out to be particularily persistant and it takes a couple days longer, that's fine too, because Tuesday is my birthday. =p
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 04:02:27 pm »

It looks like Toady is in a nice grove atm, so I think he will keep on going until he feels that he has a "complete" patch.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 04:03:49 pm »

It looks like Toady is in a nice grove atm, so I think he will keep on going until he feels that he has a "complete" patch.
Really, this should be the only answer that indie developers should give alongside frequent updates on exciting new developments.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Blackdutchie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 05:50:52 pm »

Really, this should be the only answer that indie developers should give alongside frequent updates on exciting new developments.

I second that in a slightly less wordy way!
Like, for example:
Seconded!
Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Flying Carcass
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
The first lesson taught by DF is patience.
The second: Madness.
The third: Magma, properly applied, solves all problems.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 06:15:07 pm »

Nope. Toady is trying to release roughly monthly now, after that big long dev cycle that gave us 31.0
This means releasing even when things are not perfect.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 06:44:41 pm »

Chances are, things in DF will never be perfect. And a tester team of 3-4 people (an educated estimated of people Toady trust to test the game for him) will never even stratch the ammount of bugs possible in a game as complex as DF.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 06:45:34 pm »

Nope. Toady is trying to release roughly monthly now, after that big long dev cycle that gave us 31.0
This means releasing even when things are not perfect.

That doesn't mean he'll release a complete mess. He's still going to fix all the game-breaking bugs he can find by himself, bugs like the one he missed a while back where there was a problem with the quantum simulator he slipped into the code and observing anything with the (k) button caused the game's wave-function to collapse.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 06:53:10 pm »

I had a dream the update was out this morning, and it wasn't.

In the dream he'd fixed soap, casts, and added the ability to request military to attack specific bodyparts.  I dreamed I had an army of eye-gouging spearsdwarves.