Governor, Democrat
- 21 (20.4%)
Governor, Republican
- 6 (5.8%)
Governor, Independant
- 8 (7.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: B 12 Exit Polling  (Read 3434 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: B 12 Exit Polling
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2010, 09:04:55 pm »

It's a moot point. Tancredo has about as much chance of winning as he does of God beaming down and appointing him Pope of the World.
technically the the pope is the pope of the world but i see your point, i dunno im 18 and this year is very disappointing. i really want to see what are we going with are 13 trillion dollar debt. i really don't care about the middle east anymore other than getting off their oil. its time we need to refocus on our country and its current status which is screwed up right now. violence at our borders, the incoming health care bill effects and their possible ramifications, and our future. well i voted a nutjob but i least i known he was one other than finding out in the future.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2010, 09:10:56 pm »

Hey, are Harry Reid and Rory Reid related? I just noticed they are both running for office in Nevada.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2010, 09:12:17 pm »

Hey, are Harry Reid and Rory Reid related? I just noticed they are both running for office in Nevada.
Rory is his son.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2010, 09:15:21 pm »

Rory is his son.

Wierd, not sure if I've heard of a father and a son being the governor and senator of a state at the same time, but theres plenty of precedent for it in political families.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2010, 09:23:37 pm »

There goes the House. Not a commanding majority, but the Speakership and committee chairs will flip. Not all that sad to see Pelosi gone as Speaker, but Boehner isn't exactly an improvement.

Senate is going to come down to the wire. Nevada, California and Alaska are all key races here. Dems are likely to gain a seat in CA, Alaska could switch from (R) to (I) if Murkowski's write-in gambit pays off. And there's always the chance that if it comes down to a tight result, say 51-49 or 50-50, that Lieberman will complete his Emperor Palapatine impersonation by switching parties to the Republicans or "caucasing" with them.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2010, 09:25:50 pm »

Actually, with Californias massive 53 seats in the house, there is still a chance for the dems to get a late catchup. However they are going to need a major boost to take back the house.

Edit: Looks like there is going to be a stalemate in Pennsylvania for the senate, its pratically 50/50 at this time.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 09:38:17 pm by smjjames »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2010, 09:46:35 pm »

Oookay, this thread got weird in a hurry.  Anyway, I went to the afterparty for Clay Jenkins, who last I saw was losing by 700 votes out of about 230000, with half the county left to report in.  I mainly wandered around staring at the TVs, because nobody I knew every showed up.  I did hit it off great with a Jenkins staffer and his group of friends, and we all sat around massaging our foreheads, trying to figure out how Bill White could not only lose to arch-cronyist Rick Perry, but go from 5% behind in the polls to 20% behind in votes.

But screw it, I've been awake for thirty six hours, and finally got out of my little corner of purgatory.  Time to kick back and wait for the chicken innards to dry.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2010, 09:51:09 pm »

Yeah, Texas just seems to be full of masochists who loves them some dumbass governors.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2010, 09:51:59 pm »

Perhaps they are all in on a giant joke, if not aimed at the rest of the country then reality itself?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2010, 10:03:39 pm »

I don't get the point of voting for coroners.

If I recall correctly from Hoosier Boy's State, the coroner has the power to arrest the Sheriff, and is basically the only one who can. Its very much a government job, however, since you're keeping track of deaths.

The real reason I voted for the Democrat was because he ran the funeral home. Just seemed like a logical consolidation of power.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2010, 10:14:23 pm »

I wonder whats with Nevada as their results haven't come in yet, while the west coast state results have already started coming in.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2010, 10:20:23 pm »

Obviously Tea Party electioneers are throwing ballot boxes from Democratic districts into, uh, whatever body of water happens to exist in Nevada. Maybe a Vegas swimming pool.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2010, 10:48:52 pm »

I wonder whats with Nevada as their results haven't come in yet, while the west coast state results have already started coming in.

Apparently, the election committees outside of Reno and Vegas still use fax machines to communicate their results.  Seriously, fax machines.  I bet they use dot-matrix printers too.  Rubes.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2010, 10:53:21 pm »

You know, there is a real possibility of the senate coming out 50/50 or very close to 50/50, which MIGHT force the senate to stop squabbling, but I wouldn't bet heavily on it.

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2010, 11:36:45 pm »

Apparently, the election committees outside of Reno and Vegas still use fax machines to communicate their results.  Seriously, fax machines.  I bet they use dot-matrix printers too.  Rubes.

Dot matrix printers are still used to print on carbonless copy paper. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4