Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarfs extinct, rebuild of civ possible?  (Read 897 times)

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
Dwarfs extinct, rebuild of civ possible?
« on: November 02, 2010, 02:21:07 pm »

I have created a world that is almost perfect in any way I can think of, it has lots of caves, a high Titan number and all races are still alive and thriving... all exept the dwarfs, they went extinct around year 50.

I know that I will only get 2 waves of migrants if I settle on this world, but what happens after that?
Will I still be able to get a baron?
Will some day a new king arrive? Or will one of my dwarfs be selected as king/queen one day?

I have once read that a fortress that gets mountain home status (the king settles there) keeps going even after abandoning, is that true?
If so, does the fortress really become a real new mountain home? If I build another fortress after that, will it get migrants like normal when the dwarfs are still alive?

Still playing 31.12
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Dwarfs extinct, rebuild of civ possible?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 02:27:23 pm »

Since your civilization has died out, you'll never get any dwarven caravans or liaison, which means it won't be possible for you to get a king in the first place.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 02:39:42 pm »

Crap  :(
Well, too bad, back to world gen...

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 03:44:15 pm »

Wont different history seed help? Or stopping history before year 50?

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 04:15:01 pm »

Rebuild the dwarven civilization!

Start with your initial 7. Make sure no one dies. Make a 1x1 meeting zone and let everyone hang out and party together. Almost everyone should get married within a year of this.

Repopulate the world!

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 04:26:11 pm »

I have once read that a fortress that gets mountain home status (the king settles there) keeps going even after abandoning, is that true?
If so, does the fortress really become a real new mountain home? If I build another fortress after that, will it get migrants like normal when the dwarfs are still alive?

I've wanted to read that.  Sadly, I never have.  Because it isn't true: abandoning means abandoning.

I motion that the "abandon" option be replaced with "relinquish control" or somesuch once conditions are met, so that new mountainhomes actually can be new mountainhomes.  I'd even be willing to give up the "reclaim" option forevermore on that place.

--Rexfelum

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 06:08:47 pm »

I've wanted to read that.  Sadly, I never have.  Because it isn't true: abandoning means abandoning.

I motion that the "abandon" option be replaced with "relinquish control" or somesuch once conditions are met, so that new mountainhomes actually can be new mountainhomes.  I'd even be willing to give up the "reclaim" option forevermore on that place.

Yeah, I already thought that this was just some misinformation, would have been too good to be true, especially in this case  :(

Wont different history seed help? Or stopping history before year 50?

Well, there is not much difference if I try out like 20 different history seeds until I find one where all civs survive and are in a condition similar to my current world, or if I just generate 20 completely new worlds.

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 09:15:40 pm »

Actually there is a difference; you'll probably have the same perfect world, but a working dwarf civ in a single generation (or two).