Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Okay, can you help me understand this?  (Read 1245 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Okay, can you help me understand this?
« on: November 02, 2010, 12:03:15 pm »

Okay there's this girl I know.Me and her are freinds.Recently another freind who is a guy(a prudish jerk really.) and me made a bet about asking Her out(not dating just asking).
I did so and jerk who I'll call John didn't. She was allready dating someone, so I knew she would say no.Which she did. But then she grinned at me and asked John out.He said no and we both left (Because I had to get home, it was getting late.)
What the hell is this about? Does she like me? Does she want me to get in a fight with John? (Cause I sorta like her but not obssevilly and plus I have another bet on.)
(Damn, I sound stalkerish don't I?)
Ill delete this in a few days.So hurry and post wise sages.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
Re: Okay, can you help me understand this?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 12:12:38 pm »

I guess that she knew about the bet.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 01:17:45 pm »

Yeah, this.

Also, I'd stop asking people out on bets.  It lowers your credibility if you ever feel like asking someone out for real.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 01:20:33 pm »

We made the bet half an hour before, up at my house and neither of us spent enough time with her to tell her about it.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 01:22:43 pm »

Yeah, this.

Also, I'd stop asking people out on bets.  It lowers your credibility if you ever feel like asking someone out for real.

I'd say so too, but my father's first date with my mother was because of a bet.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 01:25:23 pm »

I'd say so too, but my father's first date with my mother was because of a bet.

Yeah, there's always people it works out for, and often people will go "Ooh, I bet you to go ask out that girl you really like" because they know you won't have the stones otherwise.  That's different.

I'm talking about this sort of thing, which seems to be "getting in a habit of asking out women on bets, especially in context of not really meaning it."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 01:35:20 pm »

Agreed. It seems to me likely that filiusenox is probably pretty young, so it's just stupid 16 year old screwing around.

Though to provide some context, my father was 20 years older than her, and she was trying to sell him a boat.

I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 01:43:30 pm »

Okay then. Thanks for the feedback.
So it's just stupid 15 year old screwing around.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 01:47:44 pm »

Okay then. Thanks for the feedback.

The other thing, by the way, is that your friend could tell her about the bet before he made the bet with you, no?

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 01:50:22 pm »

True...

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 01:51:52 pm »

Or she just noticed that there was something strange about you standing there asking her out while your friend stood there barely containing his mirth.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 03:42:29 pm »

Or she just thought it was a funny thing to do.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 06:25:57 pm »

Though to provide some context, my father was 20 years older than her, and she was trying to sell him a boat.
So, in what context is this 'context'? It seems a hundred times more odd now.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 06:33:20 pm »

It's like my friend who sells used cars. Sometimes he makes the deal by agreeing to wash the car in shorts in a month. (He's really buff)
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 06:34:04 pm »

So, in what context is this 'context'? It seems a hundred times more odd now.
That's the context as to why it was a dare. Not for their eventual marriage. 23 years in 3 weeks.