Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Help a Modder out!  (Read 2764 times)

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help a Modder out!
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2010, 11:08:28 pm »

As I start work here, I notice for the whole body generation and such (the stuff like voice, head features, etc.) there are a few tokens shown but... do we really have a clue what will even work? Just a fluff question is all.

I would like to know how to stop them from being able to be gigantic blobs of fat though. Also you can adjust the rate of skill gain and skill rust correct?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2010, 11:17:00 pm »

As I start work here, I notice for the whole body generation and such (the stuff like voice, head features, etc.) there are a few tokens shown but... do we really have a clue what will even work?

Err... we have a list of the tokens that can be used to weight such things. I'm not entirely sure what you mean, to be honest.

I would like to know how to stop them from being able to be gigantic blobs of fat though.

You can do two things: You can give them a special type of fat that doesn't thicken (although I'm unsure as to whether that'll stop them from being described as fat or not), and I think fatness is tied directly to recuperation/healing factor... what you could do instead is give them an extremely low recuperation attribute, and then manually set each tissue to heal much faster than normal to compensate.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 07:20:25 am »

Ah, you're right. I didn't look hard enough, my mistake  :o

Well, this outta be interesting. I think I had more questions, but I can't recall them at the moment. I'm sure they'll come to me while I'm slaving away at work  :P

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2010, 08:08:40 pm »

I tried it on my own, to no avail. I'm trying to use this icon here:

And the code I used is
Code: [Select]
graphics_koakuma

[OBJECT:GRAPHICS]

[TILE_PAGE:KOAKUMA]
[FILE:koakuma/koa.png]
[TILE_DIM:16:16]
[PAGE_DIM:16:16]

[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:KOAKUMA]
[STANDARD:KOAKUMA:1:0:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
[DEFAULT:KOAKUMA:0:0:ADD_COLOR:DEFAULT]

However when I generated a new world, the Koakumas were all replaced with just black squares. Anyone know why?

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 06:24:33 am »

Anyone :( ?

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2010, 07:37:58 pm »

No one knows? :(

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2010, 05:19:06 pm »

For the COMMON, UNCOMMON, RARE, and FORCED tokens on items in the entity raws, what do they mean? I was under the impression that UNCOMMON meant you couldn't forge it, and could only be made via fey moods - but then, what is the purpose of RARE or FORCED?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2010, 05:38:58 pm »

They mean the percent chance that the entity will get access to the item (will have it as their entity item).

And the code I used is
graphics_koakuma

However when I generated a new world, the Koakumas were all replaced with just black squares. Anyone know why?
Your page dimension is only 1x1, why do you use 16x16? It's the XxY tiles your page has.
Also you only have 0:0, but you try to map to 1:0 the "STANDARD" icon for some reason.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2010, 06:08:39 pm »

They mean the percent chance that the entity will get access to the item (will have it as their entity item).

And the code I used is
graphics_koakuma

Your page dimension is only 1x1, why do you use 16x16? It's the XxY tiles your page has.
Also you only have 0:0, but you try to map to 1:0 the "STANDARD" icon for some reason.

I wasn't sure what they meant really. Thanks for clearing it up, it's been killing me trying to figure out why it hasn't been working x_x

By percent chance, you mean there's a chance that when the civ gens, it'll have access to all COMMON, but only possibly UNCOMMON, RARE, or FORCED?

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2010, 06:40:27 pm »

Civs have at least one of each COMMON item type. For example, right now civs allready have chainmail, but if I mod in splinted mail and make that too COMMON, then civs pick either splinted or chain mail (not sure if they can pick both).

FORCED means they have it no matter what.

UNCOMMON and RARE kinda speak for themselves.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2010, 06:54:21 pm »

Civs have at least one of each COMMON item type. For example, right now civs allready have chainmail, but if I mod in splinted mail and make that too COMMON, then civs pick either splinted or chain mail (not sure if they can pick both).

FORCED means they have it no matter what.

UNCOMMON and RARE kinda speak for themselves.

So it basically determines what items a civ can make kinda? I'd assume multiple COMMON can be selected, as most armors for Dorfs are all COMMON and I haven't seen a Dorf civ generate without them all.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2010, 11:06:23 pm »

They select at least one COMMON of each item type (one for light body armor, one for helmets, etc.), but might not select another if there are multiple COMMON instances of one item type.

If I recall correctelly low and high boots are a good example for this. Both are common, but some civs have only one of them.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2010, 07:07:33 pm »

Yep, they can have all or only one out of COMMON items of some type. It reminds me to go and force some stuff in my mod because I want all items to be present.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2010, 08:42:55 am »

If you don't include a COMMON/UNCOMMON/RARE/FORCED, I think you get them all anyway. I'm not sure though.

When I was digging in the biome tokens, I notice there is the ANY_LAKE one, but to my knowledge, boats don't exist in Dorfs so wouldn't a civ on a lake be pretty much isolated from the rest of the game? Although the idea of starting a fortress on an island from the land around the lake does sound fun...

Also is it normal in a Medium-sized region to get roughly 10 or so player civs? I always remember Dorfs having a small handful, although I usually only did play on Small.

EDIT:
Ah yes I just remembered something, is it possible to change the text of the screen that pops up after embark? You know, the one that says dwarven history and all, or is it hardcoded? No huge biggie, but I was kind of curious.

Also, offhand, is it possible to make a reaction or a workshop turn say, stone, into wood? I know I always have a problem with that darn wood sometimes... then again, this might be tailoring the mod to cover up my own shortcomings perhaps.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 08:45:03 am by krisslanza »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2010, 08:44:15 am »

ANY_LAKE means on a lake shore, same that ANY_OCEAN would be any ocean shore.
The amount of civs totally depends on your worldgen settings.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 [2] 3