Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventurer-left items.  (Read 1090 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Adventurer-left items.
« on: November 02, 2010, 06:16:33 am »

Simple question. If I go to the future site of a fort and drop an item as an adventurer, will it still be there when I build my fort?
And another, RAW related one. Is there a tag I can add to body parts from a specific creature to stop them from rotting?
*Hugs*

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer-left items.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 06:35:12 am »

[NOSMELLYROT] should work for the second question.

I would imagine your adventurer's gear would be strewn far and wide, although remain relatively close to the location of death.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 06:59:15 am »

Sweet, time to hack up some vampires, distribute the parts around the world, build forts around them, take up my whip and gather the parts together for the final confrontation.

Now I just need to figure out a reliable way to fill the forts with undead.
*Hugs*

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 07:14:53 am »

Might I suggest you build Castlevania? :P
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 07:34:15 am »

The intent from the start, my good man.
*Hugs*

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 11:08:50 am »

Adventurer items will remain in place(they won't scatter on embark, but they will on abandon). However, they must drop the items at an existing site; if they drop them in the middle of the wilderness, even if you embark on the exact same wilderness tile you won't find them there. Instead you need to drop the items either on a cave, in a town, on a goblin tower, etc.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 11:10:29 am »

Adventurer items will remain in place(they won't scatter on embark, but they will on abandon). However, they must drop the items at an existing site; if they drop them in the middle of the wilderness, even if you embark on the exact same wilderness tile you won't find them there. Instead you need to drop the items either on a cave, in a town, on a goblin tower, etc.
Otherwise, they will be gone forever...

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 11:51:34 am »

Sweet, time to hack up some vampires, distribute the parts around the world, build forts around them, take up my whip and gather the parts together for the final confrontation.

Now I just need to figure out a reliable way to fill the forts with undead.

Mod the goblins to be the undead horrors you want them to be, then make a fortress, and when they come to siege, abandon.  When you go back in adventure mode the zombie goblins will be there waiting for you.

Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 12:30:29 pm »

Hmm... If I embark, abandon, drop the stuff then re-embark/reclaim, will that work?
*Hugs*

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 02:36:56 pm »

Hmm... If I embark, abandon, drop the stuff then re-embark/reclaim, will that work?
Yes. I shall suggest, however, that you put them all in a single backpack, or put it in lead bins. More weight = higher chance it will be very close to where it was since your last visit.