Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Quest from Warlord to kill member of town?  (Read 1897 times)

MaXMC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Quest from Warlord to kill member of town?
« on: November 02, 2010, 04:00:50 am »

I just got a quest from a Warlord (playing .12) to kill Xun the horse fiend.

I had previously spoken to Xun horse fiend, he is a law-giver (whatever that means).

My quest map pointed to the town and to the same location where I found Xun.  When I attacked him all the town banded together and killed me before I could move again.

What's up with that?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quest from Warlord to kill member of town?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 04:45:06 am »

Politics, I reckon. Obviously the Warlord wanted to be rid of Xun, for whatever reason, but couldn't just go murdering him himself. So he figured, he'd send some wandering adventure to do his dirty work, and if they died horribly? Well, no matter to mister Warlord. No one would ever know...

...Well, that's just what I think. He probably just had a grudge against Xun, I've seen that before with my dwarves in fortress mode. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 05:25:14 am »

Nice rationalization, but it's actually a glitch with how dæmons rise to power.
*Hugs*

MaXMC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 06:08:22 am »

Another question, since Xun killed 3 of my (would be) heroes I decided to start anew.

This time I got a mission to kill Rishetha the lizard devil. She was located in a town a days walk from where I started.
Now I've been through the entire town at least three times, and there is no Rishetha monster in this town...

How do you people find your targets? The TSK locator on the compass is useless when you are inside the town.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 06:10:31 am »

Have you checked the second floor of the mead hall.
*Hugs*

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 06:41:48 am »

Stonesense will mostly satisfy your radar needs...it works on Adventure mode & helps a lot in locating targets in towns, dark towers or underground caves!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=43260.0

Try now for the low low price of 1 copper piece & and you get s pile of Elf vomit absolutely free! That's right, absolute free!
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Ten_Tacles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 11:51:04 am »

Try now for the low low price of 1 copper piece & and you get s pile of Elf vomit absolutely free! That's right, absolute free!
I get one pile of ELVES, everyday not just vomit.
Well, vomit too, but mostly elves and blood.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 10:12:39 pm »

What?! I just get !!ELVES!!. They're no use to me.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Victuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2010, 11:59:21 am »

What?! I just get !!ELVES!!. They're no use to me.
But you get elven bones that you can throw at other elves!

See how it all ties together?
I once flung a migrant off a bridge. He collided with the brook cliff and died.
A year later, my legendary engraver engraved him colliding with an obstacle and dying.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2010, 04:11:59 pm »

Elven bones are useless, too brittle. Why would someone want bones that would snap under the swing of a single war-hammer?
It's like giving a dog a very thin layered bone, so when it goes to gnaw on it in turns to dust.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

MaXMC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 08:50:23 am »

Stonesense will mostly satisfy your radar needs...it works on Adventure mode & helps a lot in locating targets in towns, dark towers or underground caves!

Thank you, that helped... but it turns out that this Lizard Devil is also the ruler of the town/nation/whatever... I'm going to give up playing adventure DF all together now and wait for a new fixed version...

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2010, 10:57:57 am »

Thank you, that helped... but it turns out that this Lizard Devil is also the ruler of the town/nation/whatever... I'm going to give up playing adventure DF all together now and wait for a new fixed version...

But the FUN thing to do is to grab a severed elf leg and an armory of fluffy wamblers and then go in all slashy slashy and wambly wambly  :P
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 06:35:26 pm »

Just so long as you're not under the mistaken impression that "demonic overlord" is something that needs "fixing."  There have been mentions of having civilization rulers follow more complex code (based on motivations and such), but their existence is not itself a glitch.  And, as you discovered, it can bring great amounts of "fun."

--Rexfelum

MaXMC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 04:09:21 am »

No, it's not fun when the only missions I seem to get is killing the daemon who rules the town/country/whatever. Each time I try to attack them the whole town goes hostile towards me and that's it.  >:(

I'd also like some first-aid skills to cope with injuries (bandages, herbs/moss that stop bleedling, etc.)

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2010, 06:58:41 am »

No, it's not fun when the only missions I seem to get is killing the daemon who rules the town/country/whatever. Each time I try to attack them the whole town goes hostile towards me and that's it.  >:(

I'd also like some first-aid skills to cope with injuries (bandages, herbs/moss that stop bleedling, etc.)

theres a crafting mod somewhere in the modding thread, it allows you to create weapons bags and armor, unfortunatly the armor's always too large (a bug i think) but they've also made a custom race that fits it all.

EDIT: here we go http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=61304.msg1393942#msg1393942
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 07:03:45 am by skaltum »
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Pages: [1] 2