Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Silly/Crazy/Funny Laws and/Or Warnings thread  (Read 8105 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Silly/Crazy/Funny Laws and/Or Warnings thread
« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2010, 03:54:56 pm »

Well would YOU like to try and put out a fire using a hydrant with an alligator tied to it?
Have you ever been to Michigan?

Hint: All our alligators are in the zoo.
Don't believe him. He's just trying to lure you into a false sense of security so he can feed you to Michigan's wild alligators.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2010, 03:56:45 pm »

Well would YOU like to try and put out a fire using a hydrant with an alligator tied to it?
Have you ever been to Michigan?

Hint: All our alligators are in the zoo.
Don't believe him. He's just trying to lure you into a false sense of security so he can feed you to Michigan's wild alligators.
Absolutely not. It's the Michigan Walking Sharks you need to worry about.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2010, 04:09:43 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:07:04 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2010, 11:00:59 pm »

We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2010, 11:03:24 pm »

Most of those go from mystifying to terrifying if you try to imagine such a warning being needed.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 04, 2010, 11:20:45 pm »

I like the rat poison box saying "Warning: has caused cancer in laboratory mice"
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #111 on: November 05, 2010, 12:47:03 am »

This entire page.
http://www.rinkworks.com/said/warnings.shtml
My favorites:

"Do not look into laser with remaining eye." -- On a laser pointer.
"Fragile. Do not drop." -- Posted on a Boeing 757.
"Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly." -- On a child sized Superman costume.
"Do not dangle the mouse by its cable or throw the mouse at co-workers." -- From a manual for an SGI computer.
"Warning! This is not underwear! Do not attempt to put in pants." -- On the packaging for a wristwatch
"In case of flood, proceed uphill. In case of flash flood, proceed uphill quickly." -- One of the emergency safety procedures at a summer camp.
"Ingredients: Artificially bleached flour, sugar, vegetable fat, yeast, salt, gluten, soya flour, emulsifier 472 (E) & 481, flour treatment agents, enzymes, water. May contain: fruit." -- The ingredients list on a package of fruit buns.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 05, 2010, 12:55:36 am »

Yep, that entire "What people Said" page is full of awesome stuff like that, entire site is pretty good, I use the Fantasy Name Generator often. :)
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 05, 2010, 03:46:12 pm »

"May irritate eyes." -- On a can of self-defense pepper spray.

I should damn well hope so.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 05, 2010, 03:51:15 pm »

"May irritate eyes." -- On a can of self-defense pepper spray.

I should damn well hope so.
Theres always the defective can, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 05, 2010, 04:03:47 pm »

On the bottom of a tiremisu "Do not invert" On a can of chocolate Lynx "This chocolate flavoured spray is not food, do not eat(ingest)"
*Hugs*

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 05, 2010, 04:07:53 pm »

There's a kosher sign on my deodorant, it also says "Flammable!" and "Do not eat!" right under that. Silly rabbis.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 05, 2010, 04:11:50 pm »

Hehe. On a pack of nytol "side effects include drowsiness..."
on a childrens cough bottle "This may cause drowsiness, do not operate heavy machinery"
*Edited for less retarded spelling*
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 04:14:14 pm by The Merchant Of Menace »
*Hugs*

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 05, 2010, 04:19:55 pm »

"Warning! This is not underwear! Do not attempt to put in pants." -- On the packaging for a wristwatch

Maybe a mangled translation?

"Serving suggestion: Defrost." -- On a Swann frozen dinner.

Maybe it refers to the microwave setting? Might make sense if we knew what the entre was. Otherwise wierd....

"Take one capsule by mouth three times daily until gone." -- On a box of pills.

This one actually makes sense when you consider that if you don't take the entire dose of an antibiotic, it might not kill all of the bacteria. Which is how drug resistant bacteria develop. All it takes is one or a handful of survivors.

"Warning: May contain small parts." -- On a frisbee.

Huh? Frisbees don't have any rings or whatever sticking out, ruins the aerodynamics anyway.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 05, 2010, 04:33:51 pm »

Yep, that entire "What people Said" page is full of awesome stuff like that, entire site is pretty good, I use the Fantasy Name Generator often. :)
Man, I'm reading the Computer Stupidities section of that.

Back in the mid-eighties, the high school I went to had just purchased a handful of 8086s along with some basic hardware -- at that time these things still were horribly expensive. A few weeks later, the computer lab was broken into and some of the hardware stolen. But the computers themselves had been left untouched: only the monitors and keyboards were gone. Apparently, the only computers the thieves had known were C64s or Apple II's, where the computer and keyboard are part of the same unit. Imagine the frustration when these guys tried to get the stolen machines to work!
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10