Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Between two generic canidates, who would you vote for?

Democratic Canidate
- 55 (85.9%)
Republican Canidate
- 9 (14.1%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: A Generic Poll  (Read 5884 times)

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
Re: A Generic Poll
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2010, 02:58:47 pm »

as to if congress will 'stop squabbling' no they absolutely will not, republicans primary goal for the next two years, as stated by boehner is to ruin Obama, which would mean preventing absolutely anything from getting done.

Which will make people hate congress even more, you've gotta admire their lack of forethought sometimes.

it's not a lack of forethought, as by doing this, the republicans, being better at controlling the message, will then pin the lack of anything getting done on the democrats, and the dissatisfaction will help build their chances in the 2012 presidential election. 
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2010, 03:01:23 pm »

My vote depends on how close we are to Arch-Conservatism slash Elite Liberalism.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2010, 03:30:40 pm »

oh dear god, i hope that the party analysis on the last few pages was intentionally horrible.

I was trying to go for what you wrote (or at least I think so, I only skimmed your post before writing this) well using as few words as possible.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2010, 04:37:34 pm »

My vote depends on how close we are to Arch-Conservatism slash Elite Liberalism.
We must get to the TV Station!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2010, 06:33:54 pm »

However, if the Democrats can successfully communicate (put out some serious media saturation) that the Republicans are intentionally crippling government, have no long-term plans, and have membership that bounces between count-to-potato and derka-derka, they might just pull off the next few elections.

But that won't happen.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2010, 12:12:59 am »

Guys don't answer the poll, it is a trap.

Just compiling a list for the death squads, that's all.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2010, 12:16:09 am »

Guys don't answer the poll, it is a trap.

Just compiling a list for the death squads, that's all.
You're acting like we didn't already know that was Nikov's goal. Dude's an Arch-Conservative, wasn't it obvious?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2010, 12:17:59 am »

I don't think we have 44 regulars.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2010, 10:14:09 am »

I don't like both. Democrats are too idealistic. Republicans are too heartless.

Between the two, it's a hard pick. I don't like the trickle down economy concept and the republicans being slightly more racist. But I'll vote against whichever uses ad hominem attacks or makes crazy promises.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2010, 02:32:24 pm »

But I'll vote against whichever uses ad hominem attacks or makes crazy promises.
So you'll be voting against everyone?

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2010, 02:38:49 pm »

canidate

Spoiler: A canid (click to show/hide)

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2010, 03:20:39 pm »

I never pretend to be good at spelling.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2010, 03:57:09 pm »

as to if congress will 'stop squabbling' no they absolutely will not, republicans primary goal for the next two years, as stated by boehner is to ruin Obama, which would mean preventing absolutely anything from getting done.

Which will make people hate congress even more, you've gotta admire their lack of forethought sometimes.

it's not a lack of forethought, as by doing this, the republicans, being better at controlling the message, will then pin the lack of anything getting done on the democrats, and the dissatisfaction will help build their chances in the 2012 presidential election.

They tried that in 1995. Didn't work out so well for them. And yes, some of the Teabaggers have suggested they'll do exactly the same thing again. Learning from history is not one of their strong suits. They then proceeded to lose in 1996 in part because of backlash over the '95 government shutdown and partly because they ran an unelectable ideologue for President. Gee, care to bet who they'll likely run in 2012?

And if the economy continues to improve over the next two years DESPITE Republican obstructionism, voters will credit Obama just as they credited Clinton in 1996.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2010, 05:30:12 pm »

They tried that in 1995. Didn't work out so well for them. And yes, some of the Teabaggers have suggested they'll do exactly the same thing again. Learning from history is not one of their strong suits. They then proceeded to lose in 1996 in part because of backlash over the '95 government shutdown and partly because they ran an unelectable ideologue for President. Gee, care to bet who they'll likely run in 2012?

And if the economy continues to improve over the next two years DESPITE Republican obstructionism, voters will credit Obama just as they credited Clinton in 1996.

It is a good point, but there are some big differences now compared to 95, namely being how people get their news.  In the 90's people watched network 30 minute news shows which were highly journalistic, and which largely controlled the political message.  Nowadays a good chunk of people get their news from partisan entertainment-news shows on a network that has almost all of the republican presidential potentials on their bankroll, allowing the party in question to have a direct hand in the reporting of their political message.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2010, 05:41:38 pm »

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7