Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: China Hints At Bailing Out Portgual  (Read 2028 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
China Hints At Bailing Out Portgual
« on: November 01, 2010, 04:23:06 pm »

I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: China Hints At Bailing Out Portgual
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 04:27:23 pm »

It's happening again, people. The Pax Sinica.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 04:30:37 pm »

Not content with buying up large chunks of Africa, the Chinese state-run banking system now has its sights on the world's not-quite-capital of football and terrible nude beaches.  Henry the Navigator, be not proud.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 05:20:54 pm »

America had to fight and bomb people to spread its influence. China just bribes them.

Lol, the irony of the People's Republic of China winning the world over with money.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 05:55:06 pm »

Sooner or later we will get some news article about America worrying about the influence China is gaining.  If it ain't one thing, its another thing.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 07:18:50 pm »

'Dollar Diplomacy' isn't exactly a new thing. Heck, America was doing it ever since Teddy put down his stick.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 07:37:49 pm »

'Dollar Diplomacy' isn't exactly a new thing. Heck, America was doing it ever since Teddy put down his stick.

But the inherent problem is... "That's not me the other countries are getting friendly with!"  At least when you look at it from the US perspective... at China.  Its arch-nemesis and lifeline.

Know how America was whining about China using 'Trade Diplomacy'?  Yea.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 10:01:51 pm »

What is an interesting tidbit to add to this is Portugal now having a seat on the UN Security council.
http://www.undispatch.com/portugal-beats-canada-for-security-council-seat-in-elections

World politics is odd.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 11:19:41 pm »

Not content with buying up large chunks of Africa, the Chinese state-run banking system now has its sights on the world's not-quite-capital of football and terrible nude beaches.  Henry the Navigator, be not proud.
I wouldn't call them terrible, the beaches look nice in pictures.
the beaches + the people is a bit odd looking, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 11:34:30 pm »

Personally, I think that China is trying to ensure its good standing among 'possible' developing countries, similar to how they are investing in Africa. They could be trying to lessen their dependency on US markets, instead preferring to sell to other emerging markets. In a way, this also helps to cement China's image of a benevolent superpower in the developing countries, as opposed to the US, which doesn't really care about them despite being more powerful than China.

United Forenia Forever!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 04:29:44 am »

This is the first thing I hear about Portugal needing to be bailed out. As far as I knew, they were holding up.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 09:39:27 am »

This is the first thing I hear about Portugal needing to be bailed out. As far as I knew, they were holding up.
In spite of being one of the four countries dragging down the Euro?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 12:46:22 pm »

In spite of being one of the four countries dragging down the Euro?

Okay, okay. Portugal, Greece, Slovakia, and which one is the fourth? I really need to read more newspapers these days.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 06:34:36 pm »

I think it's Italy, which led to the horrible acronym 'PIGS'.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: [1] 2