Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 242585 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 5
« Reply #930 on: December 10, 2010, 06:18:26 pm »

You could try waiting instead of obsessing over long shot scenarios where the town loses.

Go read a book or take a walk or something and stop making yourself look stupid with the application of intelligence to problems that don't require any.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: December 10, 2010, 06:33:33 pm »

The survivor plays with the side that's winning.
I think that's for Meph to answer... I don't think it's your choice at all, just a function of who's left.

Quote from: Leafsnail
Pop quiz: With 5 players alive (including two confirmed townies and a roleblocker) and 1 scum who has no kill, who's winning?
Who are these "confirmed townies" of whom you speak? I may be overly paranoid, but I'm not quite 100% sold on any of you scummaggots being confirmed.

Gee, I dunno, I think we need to really overanalyze and overthink things in this stage of the game.
Nothing else to do really, other than hope I'm wrong and wait for the game to end... :)
Right there with ya'. Sure, it's not useful in the strictest sense of the word, but it's fun. Jim, don't be a humourless git again.

New theory.  Can anyone poke any holes in it:
- Toaster has a Deadman's Bomb. When he dies he takes me (as the last to vote) and some random person with him. (3 players left, assuming that Leafsnail and an Operative survive, 2 are Alien)
- Toaster had an Assassin Bot left, which he gave to his Operative (could have been Dariush)
- The Operative uses the Assassin Bot to kill the remaining Townie.
- Leafsnail and the Operative win.

It depends the Survivor being able to be counted as Exterminator-aligned and on the Deadman Bomb's second target not hitting Leafsnail or the Operative, but it could work (so far as I can tell).  It's risky, but it's better than no chance at all.
If that's the tech they still have, it's not even risky, it's just random chance and their only choice. Not like they can change it or choose their targets. Yes, there's that outside chance of them still winning, and there's still some tech unaccounted for. We'll see. It's also true that we don't quite know if the Op has no kills left, which makes the question of Leafsnail's ultimate siding and lynching more important.

But it has been a hell of a fun game regardless.  8-)
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: December 10, 2010, 06:39:57 pm »

The survivor plays with the side that's winning.
I think that's for Meph to answer... I don't think it's your choice at all, just a function of who's left.
Uh, what I meant is that I'll play for the side that's winning because that's what a survivor does.  Especially if the scum has no kill...

Who are these "confirmed townies" of whom you speak? I may be overly paranoid, but I'm not quite 100% sold on any of you scummaggots being confirmed.
Frankly, I'd be staggered if you, Janus or Dariush are scum.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: December 10, 2010, 06:45:54 pm »

Dariush? Really? He's my top pick for the Op given his N3 and interactions with Toaster. Jim is my second choice, but I find it within the realm of the possible that Janus or you are it, and just playing very well to conceal it. That's what I mean by none confirmed.

...and that's also why I'm paranoid about an Op mislynch tomorrow, and why if the game is not over I'm in favour of lynching you first unless Meph categorically says it doesn't matter.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: December 10, 2010, 07:39:47 pm »

JanusTwoFace picks up the shotgun and levels it at Toaster.

"Time to die, alien scum!" He cries, with a triumphant grin on his face.

"Oh, shut up." says Toaster, pulling a strange looking gun out of his coat. Janus is too surprised to fire in time, and the room is blinded by a flash of light.  Stunned, you hear a cry of pain and then a loud thud.

As your eyes adjust back you see Dariush standing over the prone form of Toaster, a chair held in his hands. Janus, meanwhile, lies on the ground with one arm missing below the elbow. Dariush calmly picks up the blaster and plugs the Exterminator with a few bolts of plasma.

"Well, Scientist, I think you should look into moving over to cybernetics next. You're going to need a new arm."

Janus can only groan in response.

"For the rest of you, I'm going to contact your government. Now that the Doppelgangers and Exterminator have been eliminated it should be safe enough."

Zathras looks around. "Um, well, I guess we need to get Janus some medical attention."

"Yeah." mutters Jim. "Uh, Dariush, think you can get a medivac when you call this in. I think he's going to need it."

Holding a phone and typing rapidly Dariush looks up. "Already on it."

"Hey, what happened to Leafsnail?"

"Eh, probably made a break for it as soon as he saw the blaster come out. Typical Survivor behavior, really." Dariush finishes up his message.

"We'll keep tabs on him. Don't worry."

-----

A few hours later black helicopters land. Janus is taken off to a nearby hospital, and the rest of you are taken off by government agents. You've survived, but none of you will be the same after this.

Ok, Game Over!

Hopefully everyone had fun.

And thanks to Jokerman-EXE for being my co-mod. He was quite helpful, especially with how busy I've been recently. Hopefully he's also gotten some good ideas about how to run a game himself.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!
« Reply #935 on: December 10, 2010, 07:43:53 pm »

Spoiler: Role PMs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 2 (click to show/hide)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: December 10, 2010, 07:45:28 pm »

Spoiler: Night 3 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 4 (click to show/hide)

Dopp Chat:   http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/LWnnZdYMz5ZGR
Dead Chat:   http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/NFjfExgbPCSE
Come play Mafia with us!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #937 on: December 10, 2010, 07:56:09 pm »

Oh good. Needlessly paranoid. :)

The Dopp Chat is rather amusing reading.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: December 10, 2010, 08:08:41 pm »

Quote from: Argem
You guys better not all get lynched/killed and leave me the last one alive
D:<

That would be a crazy ridiculous situation for me.
Heh.

So, Toaster: Considering all I was doing was uselessly tunnelling townies, why did you try to kill me?  :P

EDIT:
Quote from: webadict
Hm... I'm actually more scared of Toaster. I think he's the Exterminator.
Heh.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 08:12:12 pm by Leafsnail »

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: December 10, 2010, 08:11:51 pm »

Edited to hide stupidity :P

Really nice game people !
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 08:27:32 pm by Mysteriousbluepuppet »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: December 10, 2010, 08:16:07 pm »

That was an awesome game.  Exterminator is an absolute blast to play.  It looked bad for me starting D4, but I thought I had a chance until I ran afoul of Kamina.  There were two things that could end me- getting guarded against by Kamina and Zath blocking me and living to morning.  I had to kill Kamina or Zath that night.  I figured Zath was going to block me (even though I claimed my action to him), so I went after him.  Whoops.

If you're curious, I picked Intel.  When I got the role list, I knew there were several people who I wanted to know who were (Tough Dopp, Veng/Obs guard, Agent and operative), so I picked a pair of scanners.  I had... very mixed results with them.  I got Pandar N1 (He tends to live a long time), but Zath had him caught.  N2 I hit Person right as the dopps were killing him.

As far as the kills, I picked Cript as to go after a low-interest target.   Leaf, I picked you because I thought you were a dopp, and I wanted to even the score a little bit.  I knew you weren't town after that because you didn't claim the attack, so I figured survivor.  Web went because 1) he's Web 2) he suspected me 3) I thought he might be dopp, and I wanted to make 1 dopp left going into the endgame.  I didn't mean to help wreck the whole dopp team there, heh.

Awesome game.  Has an exty ever outlived the dopp team before?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: December 10, 2010, 08:21:29 pm »

Ah... intel.  I'm not sure how many Exty's pick that.  I guess you can sortof cross roles off the list as you take them out :P.

And yeah, it was a pretty good game.

I was kindof expecting you to drop me a line at some point, but I guess since you had no operative I could just out you as Exterminator and have you lynched before you could vengekill me.  One of the bigger differences the change in the assassin bot makes (previously you could hold one to a survivor to make them do exactly what you say).

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: December 10, 2010, 08:33:49 pm »

If I did have a bot, all I would have needed is to survive one more day.  At 4p, I call for a no-lynch, then kill+bot -> endgame into a win.  It's still a LYLO breaker, but not as good as one.

Also, for future towns- Exty can choose between a mind shield and an anti-tech field, and gets the Intel list first if that's chosen.  I was more worried about the telepath and warden than potential bot attacks, so I went with the mind shield.  Pity for you that the whole telepath thing didn't work out.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: December 10, 2010, 08:38:04 pm »

Woohoo! We win! High five!

Glad there was no Operative, it could have gotten complicated.

Also, this is my first town win ever! Tastes much sweeter than a scum win. Cheers!

Great job and congratulations to Meph and Jokerman for a very enjoyable game. These things are excruciatingly complicated, but endless fun.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: December 10, 2010, 08:44:05 pm »

It suddenly occured to me that I've never won a Paranormal as town.

On the other hand, the two past wins I've had with the doppelgangers were awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 66